Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Klaron stops acne in its tracks
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jamie630
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone! I'm here to say that I think if you have acne, you should really really try Klaron. It's from the dermatologist.

I was on this forum last year - all year - trying all sorts of VERY expensive products and making the concoctions recommended (like the oil cleansing method) and none of it worked for me. Not to say it doesn't work for anyone. Do what works for you, of course.

But if none of that helps, you should definitely give Klaron a try. I used to constantly bother my skin, like switching over to new products after getting more impatient by the minute if something didn't work fast enough or getting frustrated and just popping them all in one sitting.

However! With Klaron, I stopped doing that altogether. I'm relaxed and comfortable knowing that it WILL make a pimple completely go away in at most two days. The day I get one, after I wash my face SIMPLY with Dove Sensitive Skin body wash (yeah.. a body wash that I can use on my face) I dab a teeny tiny little bit of the Klaron, which is a clear liquid. After gently rubbing it in for like fifteen seconds, it completely absorbs and dries. Give or take a half of a day, a full day, overnight, or a day and a half, the pressure of the pimple is completely gone. The next day it's gone. There might be a little red mark, but it's totally flat, but it's nothing a little dot of concealer won't take care of. I only do this when I actually get a pimple. Most of the time, my face is fine.

This stuff has made me so much happier. I'm just so chilled out about my skin now. I don't follow any sort of strict schedule about it either. There's no time of the day I have to do anything about it. It's just a worry that's completely left my life. If I don't wash my face in the morning or apply it, it's not a big deal at all. Even if I don't wash or apply at night (yea yea i'm gross) it doesn't matter. I can use anything on my face. I try to make it non-comedogenic of course. But if I'm in a situation where I need to use someone else's lotion it's fine. Oh and I can use cheap sun screen.

Also, I am still only using the tiny little sample size Klaron bottle they gave me at the dermatologist. They gave me two at the beginning of the summer.. last year! And I'm just finishing the second one now. It's absurd.

Anyway, if you want to ask me anything about it go right ahead. It's made tremendously comfortable with my appearance and I recommend it to anyone who knows where I'm coming from.

Jamie

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2007 11:41 am      Reply with quote
I completely agree. I've been using Sulfacet-R, which is Klaron + sulfur because Klaron is not available in Canada, and it was a lifesaver when I was dealing with the worst hormonal breakout last year after I quit the pill. It was the only thing that worked for cysts. After about a year, I have to say it's less effective now so I'm trying to give it a rest before I start using it again.

*Klaron and Sulfacet-R are topical antibiotics
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2007 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
Am curious, what exactly is Klaron, like what kind of topical? Is it Vit A? Erythromycin? Seems like this works better than other topical antibiotics, so wondering how.
Ch79
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2007 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
I think everyone has different results from these types of topical treatments. Neither Differin nor Klaron worked overwhelmingly well for me. They kept my breakouts marginally in check, and prevented my littler pimples from ever becoming full-blown cysts, but they never fully kept my skin clear.
That being said, one of my friend's skin cleared up beautifully with Differin. Mine cleared up beautiful with oral medication. So to each their own.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 7:39 am      Reply with quote
When I recently had a terrible bout with dermatitis, my dr put me on doxycycline and Klaron. I found the Klaron extremely drying, but it was definitely working to clear my skin. Soo, I found on the internet that it was okay to put moisturizer on top of it. After the Klaron gets absorbed into my skin, I top it off with either emu oil or Vaseline (I know, I know...but when the dermatitis was bad, this worked).

Between the doxycycline and Klaron, my skin has healed beautifully. The perpetually clogged pores on my chin have never looked better. They are not perfect, but waaaay better than before I started the Klaron.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:
*Klaron and Sulfacet-R are topical antibiotics

Thanks! I was just about to ask about that.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |