Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What don't you put under your eyes?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Mardy Bum
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
What don't you put under your eyes? Vit C, DMAE, Niacin, Beta Gluten etc.. What actives have you put under your eyes only to find them more crepy?
kim@ifeelpretty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
My eye area is very sensitive. I do not use BHA, AHA, retinols, Vit. C, or any eye creams. I've tried a ton of stuff, only to learn that my eye area responds best to very delicate treatment.

The only things that I do use under my eyes: my facial oil mix, regular CP serum (1 drop per eye - applied under & over), and Pearlfection cream.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
I only tried Retinol once for undereye and learned its a no no for me.
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
I never use anything on that area except for an eye cream. I know some people can tolerate putting other things under their eyes, but my skin there is so sensitive.
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
I have used eye cream only,because my eye area is sensitive too.
VoltesV
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
I don't like putting eye creams that contain fragrances.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
i only put the eye cream under my eyes.
Mardy Bum
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
This is interesting, I have been putting Vit C under my eyes am I not supposed to Shock
kim@ifeelpretty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
Gosh, I'm such a goober, LOL! I totally forgot that I was using the IFP Line Eraser under my eyes & am now using the new product.

Mardy Bum - you can use Vit. C under your eyes as long as your skin tolerates it. Mine doesn't, so I don't use it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
Well I don't know whether it is the Vit c that is making my eyes more crepy or not, is it beneficial to put under eyes, as far as I know I don;t think it produces collagen so wonder what benefit if any it would have.
Mardy Bum
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
By the way I don't think you are a Goober! Laughing I think you are brilliant and very informative.
kim@ifeelpretty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
What all are you using under your eyes?

When I tried to use DMAE at a high percentage, I had irritation & more lines/wrinkles under my eyes. Now I either use a plain multi-antioxidant spray all over my face (including my eyes) or a multi-antioxidant spray with just 3% DMAE.

I tend to use the same facial products all over my face, so I don't think of them in terms of 'eye products'. That's why I forgot about the antioxidant/DMAE and the Line Eraser, etc.

I once used a cleanser that caused lines & wrinkles under my eyes - it took me two months to figure out what was causing it - and another two months to get my eyes back to normal. Here it was supposed to be so good & 'natural' - it made me look like a hag! LOL! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 12:05 am      Reply with quote
I am using just plain oil to cleanse with and get make-up off, then toner, then Line Eraser, then the original Pearl Powder Recipe with added Canvas Cream (it wasn't moisturizing enough) sometimes I have to put another moisturiser on because my skin is just drinking everything at the moment. I have never used Aloe Vera and this is in the P.Powder so am wondering whether that could be the culprit and the Canvas Cream is a fairly new edition. Oh Daytime sunsceen as well.
puregdstuf
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Is 15% Vit C too strong for the eyes? I've been doing that all along. And sometimes it does have a slight tingling feeling.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 10:12 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Vivier C 5% on my eye area without any problems. Recently, I started using Avene Ystheal+ Eye Contour Cream every night and have noticed my skin around there has been more sensitive, so now I'm just using it a few times a week.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 10:33 am      Reply with quote
I pretty much put everything I put on my face under my eyes. I never thought to exclude any of them, but on top of the facial products, I add the BBS Intensive Under Eye Treatment, and DHC Concentrated Eye Cream, which seems to be thicker and hydrates well. I'm running out of the sample so I'll probably have to buy one soon.
Kerryshka
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
but you have to build up usage as that area is sensitive. try a little at a time!
Mardy Bum
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
So what about toners does everyone put that under their eyes?
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
Mardy Bum wrote:
So what about toners does everyone put that under their eyes?

Yes, if I remember to use the toner.
kim@ifeelpretty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
I don't use a toner at all.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
No toner for me either.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 1:38 am      Reply with quote
I just put eye cream and sunscreen.

Really, my undereyes aren't all that sensitive compared to my skin... which can be pretty sensitive, but if the rest of my face is on fire, no reason I can't handle my undereyes burning as well.

The reason I don't use other products is because everything else irritates my eyes. Moisturizers in particular. It's like they get within an inch of my eyes, and creep right into them, turning them bright red for the next few hours. And forget about toner - just using it on my cheeks causes fumes or what not to waft up to my eyes and make them water.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 1:41 am      Reply with quote
Oh yeah I forgot about sunscreen. I use my normal sunscreen under my eyes as well, but I'm planning to get a seperate undereye sunscreen. I just don't know which one to get yet.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 3:38 am      Reply with quote
I put Vit C, DMAE, Avene Eulage + eye cream under my eyes. I have just really noticed that my eyes are getting crepey, but this might also be the new eye cream I'm using. I've finished the DMAE so that's one less I will be using and see how I go. I think I will get rid of the Vit C too as I am taking Ester C. Is 1000 mg Ester C enough if I don't use topical Vit C?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 6:09 am      Reply with quote
I use pretty much the same thing under my eyes as I use for the rest of my face--no ill results yet (fingers crossed).
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |