Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



Products/remedies for Tightening Neck Area
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Author Message
ladyA
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Apr 2006
Posts: 78
Sun May 20, 2007 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
I did do a search for "neck" issues but couldn't find threads that pertained to my question. Confused

Does anyone know of a DIY recipe or a retail product that address's the tightening of the neck area?

Thanks for reading.

_________________
50's/Normal skin/oily t-zone/ lines/wrinkles/medium skin tone/ tans easily
Mardy Bum
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 156
Sun May 20, 2007 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
I understand alot of the ladies are using copper peptides with good results and as I am not using them at present I would also love a good DIY recipe.
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Posts: 426
Sun May 20, 2007 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
How about neck exercises? I've been doing some from facercise and my neck muscles are actually sore after. It makes me realize how little we actually use thse muscles!
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Apr 2007
Posts: 487
Mon May 21, 2007 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
I am sold on copper peptides! I use Exfol serum, wait 30 mins, then apply CP serum, followed by emu oil. This has greatly improved the "rings" around my neck area!

_________________
Nadine, age 50, live in VA; half-Asian, slight yellow tone; sensitive, dry/combo skin
Plroweny
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Sep 2005
Posts: 47
Tue May 22, 2007 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi nadjazz,

What is Exfol serum?
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Posts: 309
Tue May 22, 2007 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Exfol serum is 2% salicylic acid.
You can purchase it at skinbiology.com.
Plroweny
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Sep 2005
Posts: 47
Tue May 22, 2007 9:48 am      Reply with quote
Thanks.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Posts: 2284
Wed May 30, 2007 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
HI, for neck tightening I am having excellent success with Candessence DMAE serum followed by Firming Serum. Smile Instantly helps and cumulatively gets better! Beware using it elsewhere: I got a nasty case of ugly painful cystic zits on my chin and eyebrows from using it there, I believe, or overapplying it- go to www.Candessence.com. Her products are quite reasonably priced and she is committed to excellent customer service.
In addition, her Lip Service for lip plumping is awesome!!! See the threads about it here in the forums.
OOPS! Almost forgot HA Soylift from www.PerfectComplexion.com. Another great product for the neck area! See, there's LOTS of help out there for us!!!HTH
fawnie

_________________
✪ My go-to products: MyFawnie.BigCartel.com ✪
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Posts: 521
Thu May 31, 2007 2:49 am      Reply with quote
My practice is that what I use on my face, I apply it on my neck too. Smile
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Apr 2007
Posts: 487
Thu May 31, 2007 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
chorally wrote:
My practice is that what I use on my face, I apply it on my neck too. Smile


Me, too! All the way down to the decollete.

_________________
Nadine, age 50, live in VA; half-Asian, slight yellow tone; sensitive, dry/combo skin
Cuddles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 16 Apr 2007
Posts: 269
Thu May 31, 2007 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
I alternate using Skinceuticals CE FER followed by B5 Gel and HA Soylift. This has done wonders for both my neck and jaw line.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 14 Mar 2007
Posts: 1075
Thu May 31, 2007 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
Cuddles wrote:
I alternate using Skinceuticals CE FER followed by B5 Gel and HA Soylift. This has done wonders for both my neck and jaw line.


Can I find a cheaper alternative ? Crying or Very sad
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Aug 2006
Posts: 1001
Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:56 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
HI, for neck tightening I am having excellent success with Candessence DMAE serum followed by Firming Serum. Smile Instantly helps and cumulatively gets better! Beware using it elsewhere: I got a nasty case of ugly painful cystic zits on my chin and eyebrows from using it there, I believe, or overapplying it- go to www.Candessence.com. Her products are quite reasonably priced and she is committed to excellent customer service.
In addition, her Lip Service for lip plumping is awesome!!! See the threads about it here in the forums.
OOPS! Almost forgot HA Soylift from

www.PerfectComplexion.com. Another great product for the neck area! See, there's LOTS of help out there for us!!!HTH
fawnie


Not trying to get OT, but does DMAE cause breakouts? I didn't know that.
mozaik
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 34
Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
I did use CP from skin-biology, for may face and neck, but i didnt see change on my neck, unfortunately. My skin is very thin on the neck. I dont rely think that exercise would help, since as far as i know there are no muscles on the front. Maybe i am wrong....I do think that if would be a cream or a type of ultrasonic, photo rejuvenating...masine, would be great!! Bad Grin
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Aug 2006
Posts: 1001
Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
mozaik wrote:
I did use CP from skin-biology, for may face and neck, but i didnt see change on my neck, unfortunately. My skin is very thin on the neck. I dont rely think that exercise would help, since as far as i know there are no muscles on the front. Maybe i am wrong....I do think that if would be a cream or a type of ultrasonic, photo rejuvenating...masine, would be great!! Bad Grin


There are muscles on the front of your neck, so the exercises do help a good bit. Part of what they do when the do neck plastic surgery is they pull these muscles back together and tighten them. They separate and lose tone with age. Of course, if there is excess skin, it does not remove that.
mozaik
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 34
Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Tosca. I didnt know this. In my case is no extra skin as i didnt and dont have double chin. I have a very skinny type of neck!!! I will try with exercise, but it will be a long battle!

_________________
moz
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Aug 2006
Posts: 1001
Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
mozaik wrote:
Thanks Tosca. I didnt know this. In my case is no extra skin as i didnt and dont have double chin. I have a very skinny type of neck!!! I will try with exercise, but it will be a long battle!


Well, the encouraging thing is that you see results pretty quickly because these muscles are not as large as, say, the ones in your legs. I'd still use something topical too.
mozaik
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 34
Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Tosca for being so supportive! I imagine that this exercising should be daily, right? how much time do you do it?
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Aug 2006
Posts: 1001
Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
mozaik wrote:
Thank you Tosca for being so supportive! I imagine that this exercising should be daily, right? how much time do you do it?


You're welcome, Mozaik!

The exercises are usually done twice a day. They only take a few minutes. It's usually a set number of repetitions more so than a time limit. If you do all the exercises in the facercise program they're supposed to take about 11 minutes.

You can probably find some free exercises by doing an internet search on facial exercises. The Carol Maggio's Facercise that Charis mentioned above comes in a book or a DVD. It's a good group of exercises in my opinion, but most of them are aimed at the face rather than the neck. Nevertheless, I've seen improvement just doing the ones in her book. They make my neck muscles sore like they do Charis'. They're a really inexpensive way to get some improvement. I'm sure they aren't a magic cure-all for everything, but they've certainly helped me.
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Posts: 426
Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Mozaik, I do neck exercises once or sometimes twice a day if I remember. It makes a real difference pretty quickly! They are muscles we don't usually use and once you use them they firm up quickly, and like Tosca said they are pretty small muscles, so it doesn't take much. The dvd has 3 neck exercises, it's probably easiest when seeing it on the dvd, but I'll try to explain. 1. standing, tilt head back (smiling mouth)and move forward to almost upright (this one I think is for the chin area more) 2. lay down and quickly turn head side to side - right ear touching ground - left ear touching ground to the count of 30 (I can really feel these!) 3. lay down and look straight up and lift neck and inch or so off of ground for a count of 30 (I can feel these too).

I hope that makes sense. Give it a shot, there's not much to lose if it doesn't work for you.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Aug 2006
Posts: 1001
Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
charis wrote:
Mozaik, I do neck exercises once or sometimes twice a day if I remember. It makes a real difference pretty quickly! They are muscles we don't usually use and once you use them they firm up quickly, and like Tosca said they are pretty small muscles, so it doesn't take much. The dvd has 3 neck exercises, it's probably easiest when seeing it on the dvd, but I'll try to explain. 1. standing, tilt head back (smiling mouth)and move forward to almost upright (this one I think is for the chin area more) 2. lay down and quickly turn head side to side - right ear touching ground - left ear touching ground to the count of 30 (I can really feel these!) 3. lay down and look straight up and lift neck and inch or so off of ground for a count of 30 (I can feel these too).

I hope that makes sense. Give it a shot, there's not much to lose if it doesn't work for you.


Oh, good job describing them, Charis! I couldn't think of how to explain them. The last two kill me too. I have the book. It also says to make sure that you're feeling using the front of your neck to do them and not the muscles in the back. I think that makes a diff too, but it's probably pretty small.
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 17 Mar 2007
Posts: 441
Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
I use the same things I use on my face and decollette...Prevage, Viver Kine-C serum, Juice Beauty antioxidant serum, weekly Retisol -A, and whatever skin moisturizer is my current fav. It works well for me. Very Happy
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 1408
Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:10 am      Reply with quote
I've been doing the Facercise exercizes on and off for years. I believe they do help. I also use DDF glycolic lotion in the evening followed by and oil or Candy's body butter. In the morning I use Candy's Dmae and then a collagen building cream (same as for face with niacn..., EGF, Matrixyl, green tea, Resveratrol). My neck is good for my age. No rings, very little sag, just getting a little crepy texture.
mozaik
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 May 2007
Posts: 34
Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
I wrote earlier a reply, but i think i forgot to submit it!
I want to thank everybody for helping me! I will try to find the DVD, or book, although Charis description could indeed save some money!!Really this forum is a jewel. Glad to have discovered it.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Jan 2006
Posts: 1505
Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
Sharky, may I ask which collagen building cream you are using?

TIA,
Lucy.

_________________
Early 50s, Skin: combin.,semi-sensitive, fair with occasional breakouts, some old acne scars, freckles, under-eye wrinkles; Redhead with hazel eyes
System
Automatic Message
Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Thalgo Marine Shower Gel (250 ml / 8.45 floz) Skeyndor Essential Wheat Germ Oil Nourishing Cream (50 ml) Peter Thomas Roth Hello Kitty Rose Repair Gel Mask (150 ml)