Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
:: Review :: Kate Sumerville's Goat Milk Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hello! wave

At first, I did not like this cream because I found that it was too matt for me, the texture is more like a lotion and I am so used to Cellcosmet Ultra Vital.

I am pleased to say that this very basic moisturizer did not cause breakouts. The second time I've decided to try KS Goat Milk again, I first applied my Vivier Vitamin C 20%, then the Goat Milk. My skin did not look matt and is a good moisturizer for those hot days. I've found that you would have to apply more then of the moisturizer compared to Ultra Vital because with Ultra Vital, it is very concentrated and very little need to be applied.

I could not detect a scent and cannot tell you more about the packaging because I am basing my review from a sample, which lasted more then a week. But it is safe to say that the packaging is very similar to KIAJ. What I can't tell you is how much of the moisturizer comes out with each pump.

My skin on my neck is getting very dry and must say that you cannot rely on this cream if you have very dry skin. I had to apply my Ultra Vital to cover my neck area.

Overall, I am pleased with this moisturizer and would only purchase this in late spring to use throughout the summer.

As for the price, you can't go wrong. A lot cheaper then Ultra Vital, but again, I find that you have to use more of Goat Milk Cream to get a decent moisturizer coverage.

I can't wait until EDS sell Kate Sumerville! Dancing Dancing
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 8:13 am      Reply with quote
do you haev the list of ingredients?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for this review! Your "too matte" comment is what piqued my interest...usually when people say that it's a perfect moisturizer for moi!!! Smile

I hope EDS puts this line up soon!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
do you haev the list of ingredients?

I do but I can't copy it and post it here. On the sample, there is no list of ingredient but I e-mailed KS and they sent me a list but can't copy it.

Here is the first four ingredients
aqua
cocus nucifera (coconut)
simmondsia chinensis (jojoba)
vitis vinifera (grape seed)

The eighth product is Goat Milk and there is witch hazel in there. Confused

Maybe that is the reason that this cream is matt but then again, when I applied more cream, I did not find it as matt. You see, I applied the same amount as I normally do with Ultra Vital. I have the jar size and it comes with a tiny spoon with a very tiny, tiny scoop and because the cream is so concentrated, the tiny amount of application really covers my face and neck. With KS Goat Milk Cream, you would have to apply more then that and I did not realize that when I first tried it.

I hope this helps. Smile
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
MUA has a code for 25% off of this on the Kate Somerville website...but I was just about to enter my credit card info and I realized that the site is not secure! There is a little red slash through the lock on my lower right hand corner of my web browser, which means the checkout site isn't secure.

I won't be ordering from there!
I'll just wait until EDS starts carrying it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
That is good to know...I normally call in and place my order.
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe you should check your browser. Everytime I have ordered from KS online, it is secure (with the pad lock at the bottome of the page)

Liz

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't had problems with other shopping/checkout carts in recent days. I did a test run at a couple of other sites to make sure...and it's fine. For some reason KS is not. Maybe it doesn't recognize Firefox...or a MAC using Firefox.

I don't know. But I'm secure on other sites I tried.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
That may be it. I am using IE v6.

liz

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
has anyone else had any luck with the goats milk cream?

im looking to buy this but wanted to hear more reviews first
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
has anyone else had any luck with the goats milk cream?

im looking to buy this but wanted to hear more reviews first

Why don't you ask for a sample first?
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 10:24 am      Reply with quote
I havent yet made any orders with EDS yet, but will do in a weeks time or so...but cos KS is a new addition to EDS, im not usre if they have samples of this yet

i was hoping members here would've tried it
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
The only thing that worries me about Goat Milk is that it has witch hazel. If you already have oily skin, why dry it out with witch hazel so that more sebum would be produced? That is why I love Sonya Dakar Omega 3 because Omega oil does help balance the oil production.

With that said, maybe the quantity is very low in the Goat Milk.

I also have a sample of Nourish and so far, I love that cream also. Keep an eye for that review! Very Happy Dancing
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
The only thing that worries me about Goat Milk is that it has witch hazel. If you already have oily skin, why dry it out with witch hazel so that more sebum would be produced? That is why I love Sonya Dakar Omega 3 because Omega oil does help balance the oil production.

With that said, maybe the quantity is very low in the Goat Milk.

I also have a sample of Nourish and so far, I love that cream also. Keep an eye for that review! Very Happy Dancing

i was just looking at the ingredients of the goats milk cream http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=23724 and witch hazel is kinda at the bottom

hmm, Nourish, i was just looking at that but its an anti-aging cream
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:23 am      Reply with quote
Any other reviews for this? Am quite tempted to order.
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:44 am      Reply with quote
As I tend to get oilier in the summer, I think I will make this my first KS purchase...it is hard to find a GOOD quality moisturizer that doesn't over-moisturize! From what I have read, this line is first rate!
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:07 am      Reply with quote
well i emailed KS about the goats milk cream and the suitability for combo, acne prone skin.

here is their reply:

Our Goat Milk Cream does contain witch hazel. The witch hazel helps to fight harmful bacteria and is a natural antiseptic for the skin. I know that our web site recommends Goat Milk Cream for our acne prone clients. However, we are now suggesting our Nourish Daily Moisture. Goat Milk Cream contains coconut oil which is better for sensitive skin rather than acne prone. Our Nourish is light enough for acne/oily skin, and contains lavender which helps calm and heal distressed skin. Nourish also contains Matrixyl 3000 to help fight wrinkles. Although you may not be concerned with anti-aging just yet, it is better to start preventing now, rather then later.

this made me not want to purchase the goats milk cream and im looking more into the nourish now

hope this helps with other acne prone people wondering about the goats milk cream! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
so THAT'S why they recommended for me the Nourish rather than the Goat Milk cream in my analysis.

I was wondering! But I still want to try the Goat Milk cream...

argh...dern it...I hate lemmings!!! Brick wall

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
so THAT'S why they recommended for me the Nourish rather than the Goat Milk cream in my analysis.

Laughing
yeah i know what u mean...GOAT and MILK and CREAM sounds like it can make ur skin silky smooth!
but i deleted it from my cart and added the Nourish for my next order...but if u do try the goat milk cream do let us know how it goes Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Great review--thank you so much! The "too matte" comment piqued my interest to, sounds like it would be good for my skin type!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
ParisTroika wrote:

Laughing
yeah i know what u mean...GOAT and MILK and CREAM sounds like it can make ur skin silky smooth!
but i deleted it from my cart and added the Nourish for my next order...but if u do try the goat milk cream do let us know how it goes Very Happy

I have done the same. I've ordered Nourish also and what made me change was the fact that Nourish left a nice glow/dewy look for less amount applied compared to Goat Milk Cream.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
yeahyeah wrote:
ParisTroika wrote:

Laughing

I have done the same. I've ordered Nourish also and what made me change was the fact that Nourish left a nice glow/dewy look for less amount applied compared to Goat Milk Cream.

Skincare...I forgot...what type of skin do you have?

Do you think the Nourish would be fine with oily/combo (yes I'm second guessing what KS told me...I do that a lot Laughing )

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

At this very moment, I have normal to oily skin (on my t-zone area). In the winter, my skin can feel tight, dry and peeling around my nose, my upper lip but still get blackheads, and my chin.
I have to admit that Cellcosmet Ultra Vital did help during the winter. I really got attached to KS advertisement and heard that it was the current new skincare line last year or was it the year before? At the Toronto Film Fest private parties that I was invited to.

I told KS rep. that I suffer from acne (but get medication for it) and have normal to dry skin. She told me not to purchase Quench but use Nourish. And here I was thinking of Goat Milk cream. Rolling Eyes
She did say that I might need Quench in the winter and I would have to see how well Nourish would moisturize my skin. She said it was an added bonus that the cream is anti-aging.

I got a bunch of samples and tried Goat Milk first and typed up my review. Afterwards I went to use Nourish before I've placed another order. I found Nourish to look better on my skin. Goat Milk and Nourish both felt the same with respect to texture.

Right now, I don't think I would purchase Goat Milk but their are times like today because it is so humid outside that Goat Milk would come in handy, then I apply my sunblock. Sometimes I don't apply moisturizer during the day in the summer and just wear my Cellcosmet eye cream and sunblock.

BTW, I am still raving how great KIAJ is. It does work for me. Overall, it just makes your skin feel so soft and smooth. I think the burning sensation happens if you have an open pore or clogged pore because I notice my skin purged a bit just below my lip and now my pores look really good in that area.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
Hi,

At this very moment, I have normal to oily skin (on my t-zone area). In the winter, my skin can feel tight, dry and peeling around my nose, my upper lip but still get blackheads, and my chin.
I have to admit that Cellcosmet Ultra Vital did help during the winter. I really got attached to KS advertisement and heard that it was the current new skincare line last year or was it the year before? At the Toronto Film Fest private parties that I was invited to.

I told KS rep. that I suffer from acne (but get medication for it) and have normal to dry skin. She told me not to purchase Quench but use Nourish. And here I was thinking of Goat Milk cream. Rolling Eyes
She did say that I might need Quench in the winter and I would have to see how well Nourish would moisturize my skin. She said it was an added bonus that the cream is anti-aging.

I got a bunch of samples and tried Goat Milk first and typed up my review. Afterwards I went to use Nourish before I've placed another order. I found Nourish to look better on my skin. Goat Milk and Nourish both felt the same with respect to texture.

Right now, I don't think I would purchase Goat Milk but their are times like today because it is so humid outside that Goat Milk would come in handy, then I apply my sunblock. Sometimes I don't apply moisturizer during the day in the summer and just wear my Cellcosmet eye cream and sunblock.

BTW, I am still raving how great KIAJ is. It does work for me. Overall, it just makes your skin feel so soft and smooth. I think the burning sensation happens if you have an open pore or clogged pore because I notice my skin purged a bit just below my lip and now my pores look really good in that area.

you got me wanting the goat milk cream all over again now cos i tend to have oily skin...Nourish VS Goat milk cream Confused

too bad i didnt request the Nourish sample from EDS when i placed my order the other day Sad , i only requested the goat milk cream and KIAJ, but hopefully when the order comes and has the the goat milk cream sample then i can be 100% confident that the Nourish will be right for me...

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the Goat Milk cream for a few months now. I really like it. I have very oily acne prone skin and have not had any issues. In fact, my skin has been clearer than it has been in years.

liz

Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |