Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Help!! I need a cover stick for my pimples!!!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 4:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
I got breakout 6 weeks ago, however, with my work (sales) I need to put on make up all the time, so my skin getting worse, I went to Doctor and taking some medication, my skin had been improve now, but with my job, I still need to wear make up,can anyone suggest some cover stick which could healing my pimples and cover them at same time? Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 6:17 am      Reply with quote
I really like Dr. Hauschka's cover stick. It's the only one I've ever used that actually promoted healing as it camouflaged.
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
Ettusias claimed that they could do that. But I have not tried any.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
Why don't you try mineral makeup? Laura Mercier Foundation SPF 15 is good and won't break you out. My favorite is SunCat mineral makeup but LM is just as good if you're desperate just go to SAKS or maybe your Sephora carries it.
ykl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 1:04 am      Reply with quote
I also suffer from this problem, I also think of buying LM TL but it really likes a foundation rather than just tinted.
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 4:27 am      Reply with quote
I am using Bare Escentuals Loose foundation, I think its good, it didnt make me breakout alot, but didnt have healing effect either, Sad I maybe will try Dr. Hauschka's cover stick.Can I get from EDS website?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 4:46 am      Reply with quote
I find that Bare Escentuals Bisque works well to cover pimples while they heal. I use a camo brush to apply and then my fingers (sometimes) to blend.
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 5:14 am      Reply with quote
really? I didnt know.. How about loose foundation, do they heal? Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 10:10 am      Reply with quote
How about tinted clearasil?
freedom37
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 11:31 am      Reply with quote
I use Laura Mercier concealer to cover my blemishes. I know it is not antibacterial or anything, but it covers and stays on better than anything else I have tried, which makes me feel a bit better when I am having a bad skin day Sad
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
How about tinted clearasil?

I've tried that before and it made my skin worse.. Confused
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
yaling111 wrote:
really? I didnt know.. How about loose foundation, do they heal? Confused

I find that MMU really does make my acne heal faster.
lonestar
5% products discount

Tue May 22, 2007 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi..I have used a product from vichy...not sure of the name but it's green on the outside and it's tinted so it covers the pimples and heals at the same time...it looks like a lip or eye liner but the packaging is a bright green...let me know if u need me to look up the name..hth!
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
Lisey wrote:
I find that MMU really does make my acne heal faster

What is MMU? Can I get them from EDS website?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
lonestar wrote:
let me know if u need me to look up the name

Can I please have the name? also the website which I can get the product? thank u

5% products discount

Tue May 22, 2007 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
It's called NORMADERM by VICHY...I bought it from the local shoppers drug mart in canada..so not sure where you live but I'm sure you can find it online somewhere...if not let me know...hth!
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
yaling111 wrote:
Lisey wrote:
I find that MMU really does make my acne heal faster

What is MMU? Can I get them from EDS website?

MMU stands for mineral makeup.
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 2:27 am      Reply with quote
lonestar,
I will try to find in Australia, if not, I will let u know.Thank u. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 2:32 am      Reply with quote
Lisey,
Its good to know the short name for mineral makeup, but do they really have healing effect? I am using Bare Escentuals Loose foundation now, it didnt cause me breakout, but dont feel healing either... Confused Which one do u use? Are they good?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 2:52 am      Reply with quote
How about Jane Iredale Disappear?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 3:00 am      Reply with quote
hi andaman_gypsy,
Wow, it sounds good to me, Have u been using them before? are they good? Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 3:15 am      Reply with quote
yaling111 wrote:
hi andaman_gypsy,
Wow, it sounds good to me, Have u been using them before? are they good? Smile

No, I haven't, but if I remember correctly, sormuimui has and she suffers from occasional breakouts and likes it. You might wanna pm her and ask her about it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 3:42 am      Reply with quote
I've used disappear - and posted on the JI thread that it's really opaque. It's in general a good blemish concealer (though I don't think it actually helps heal my blemish faster than a regular concealer). However you have to find one that perfectly matches your skintone because it doesn't blend that well and you might end up having diff color blobs on your face. I prefer MMU concealer as the pureness of it doesn't affect my blemishes and I find my blemishes heal faster and they don't reappear in the same spots over and over again.
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 4:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi sormuimui,
What MMU concealer did u use? Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using SunCat MMU. If you want your skin to heal under your MMU faster why not spot treat it something? I use I Feel Pretty Healing Serum on spots before I apply my MMU. As long as BE doesn't break you out nor does it aggravate your skin then I think you're okay..

Here's the website to I feel pretty..

www.ifeelprettyproducts.com

BTW, I've also tried a pencil concealer by Bourjois that's suppose to help heal your blemishes but I did not notice a difference.. It's this one:
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P181007&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=1958
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |