Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pore minimizer?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Pooh Bear
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

Does anyone know of a good product that can help minimize pores? Sad I have large pores on my cheek areas (close to the nose) and I want to know if there's a specific product for this problem?. I know Sheshido and Clinique have these products called pore minimizer or something like that, but do they work? Has anybody tried these products before? Please let me know if you have, or if another product is good for large pores...

Thanks so much Smile
Caspers Mum

Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
I am uncertain of how Clinique's new product works, though I suspect that perhaps it contains some silicone ingredients, as well as using optical diffusers to make pores less obvious.
You cannot shrink pores, but you can refine their appearance. A couple of good products to help you achieve this: MD Formulations Cleanser with Glycolc Acid and Jan Marini C-Esta Oil-Control Serum. Very Happy
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, you kind of can "shrink" pores. Well, you don't really shrink them, but you can make them appear to be smaller when they are producing less sebum. I have tried several products, and what I find works best for me is Neutrogena Clear Pore Treatment. It is inexpensive, effective, and gentle. It is a salycilic acid gel that you leave on overnight. It cleans out your pores, no more blackheads, thus allowing the pore to close in on itself and "shrink" somewhat.
Also steaming your face and using a toner will tighten them back up.
aussie_guy
5% products discount

Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
Cleanse and exfoliate to get rid of the debris. Then use a toner daily and cleanse to reduce sebum in order to avoid pores enlarging again.
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
psahd, does the Neutrogena dry you out and how many times each week to you use?
earich
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
I've heard Jan Marini Bioclear is pretty good for cleaning out and reducing pores. I have not used it so I can't say for sure. But the Epidermx I'm using for exfoliation is quite effective. It has indeed made my pores smaller.
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
i've been using the dr hauschka cleansing cream and have found that, along with leaving my skin feeling nice, it has reduced the blackheads (ick) on my nose and i'm not noticing the pores on either side of my nose any longer.
i know that others have found the same thing and i just love love love it, my new favourite cleanser Smile
indianT
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
Used to have large pores from diff. stuff i used to use and didn't do jack. But they shrank after i started using Decleor Ylang Ylang oil and balm at night.
I have tried Neutrogena's Clear Pore Treatment and at first it seemed to work but few weeks later, I started to get small bumps. But it does work to clean your pore out and gives a healthy glow after couple uses.
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:29 am      Reply with quote
Betterat40:
No, the Neutrogena doesn't dry me out at all, which is surprising since my skin tends to be sensitive. I have been using it for 7 months now and it is still working for me. It only costs like $5 or something, so if I were you I'd give it a try. Since it's kind of a mask that you leave on overnight, I moisturize first, and then put it on. But I only use it in my T-zone.
scootercat
5% products discount

Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
Vitamin C really helps in reducing sebum production and helps with hyperpigmentation as well. I love shiseido's mattifying veil.

Amy
marella
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:05 am      Reply with quote
I have two pore minimizers that I love. So much so that sometimes I even use them together. (yes I'm a bit obsessed) Embarassed I have large pores leftover from my not so lovely teenage years. Okay the first thing I usually reach for is my Diane Young Invisible Foundation of Youth for Pores. I'm not really old enough to be within her age base for most of her products, but this one I love. It comes in a pump tube and it easy and wonderful to smooth on her nose, cheeks etc. It smooths out your pores and does a nice job. Warning!!! It does have silicon in it so if you are sensitive to that, don't use this.

The other product I love is the Cle de Peau Translucent Corrector for Pores. It comes in a push up tube similar to a lipstick tube. You use it in a downward motion on your nose and a circular one on your cheeks. This is especially good if you have larger pores on your cheek area and is almost like a light color corrector for some redness. It works wonderfully on its own, but is expensive and can leave a bit of a whitish cast if you do not blend well. I think this tube will last me a long time.

Sometimes as I mentioned above, I do use these two together. I didn't buy them that way, and it is no doubt insane, but they are really great together on those occasions when I want expecially wonderful pore correcting. I smooth on a little Diane Young leave it for a minute and then use the Cle de Peau Stick to get even better coverage-something that Cle de Peau nor Diane Young do by themselves in my opinion even if they are the best individually that I personally have found.

Another small thing. If after you have put on your foundation and or powder and it is looking cakey or a bit dry in places, you can smooth a bit of the Diane Young over that area to smooth it over.
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:04 am      Reply with quote
I also have a question..
I have a lot of small pores on my fore head, but none on the other areas.
What should i use for that? Decleor Ylang Ylang oil and balm would work on those area? or i should use all over my face?

Please advice~
I also wanna ask is it because i'm using the wrong cream or something? because on the other areas are fine, no probs at all, but just the fore head Confused that has lost of pores. Do u think i should use a seperate cream on diffrent areas?
thx u so much!~
Mabsy

Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:42 am      Reply with quote
christine - have you tried using a deep cleansing mask on that area specifically? Perhaps the skin on your forehead is more oily than the rest of your face. That would mean that it produces more sebum therefore filling up the pores and making them more visible than elsewhere? Just a thought.... Anyway, if that is the case then using a deep cleansing mask on a regular basis would clean out the pores and they wouldn't be as visible anymore.

It might also help to use a lighter cream (or a gel) on your forehead instead of the moisturiser you use on the rest of your face.
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
I had an actual "enlarged pore", the kind that shows up as an actual small hole in the skin. It was on my cheek.

What I was using when it disappeared completely was a skin care line that had bee propolis. I'm assuming that the reason it worked well on that enlarged pore is that bee propolis is anti-microbial and cleans out the pores.

Occasionally, if I get lazy with my skincare routine, the pore will begin to show very slightly, but can be taken care of very easily when I go back to being faithful. So, it's still there, but is shrunk so much that you can't see it.

JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy.

Thank you so much!~
I never tried using deep cleansing mask on that area.. usually i just use cleaning and toner, i guess that wasnt enough ^^ for mask.. but i use the hydrating mask (on all over face again)

So i guess i have to find something that suitable for those area Laughing So is there any lotion that is good for minimize the pores? When i went to the counter and ask abt my forehead like what should i use, they just recommended me to use a toner for oily skin... but then still.. havent seen any result:cry:
Mabsy

Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:04 am      Reply with quote
christine - perhaps you can do without the moisturising mask on your forehead. Instead, apply a mud mask to that area and see what the difference is after a few applications. I suggest you try that instead of going for pore minising lotions. If your pores are clogged with stuff then I don't think a lotion will do a good job of making them appear smaller.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
I’ve had good luck in the past with a drugstore mask called “Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Treatment Mask.” As the name implies, it’s intended to minimize/eliminate blackheads, but the by-product of that was that it did help reduce the appearance of my pores.... Anyway, it would be a cheap experiment to try rather than investing in a more expensive product – unless, of course, you can get samples first.

Carrie
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy~ Thanks a lot again,,, i actually just bought the mud mask today! Very Happy and will try it tonite.. and hoping to see the result soon ^^ cant wait to try it!!! I'll let u know if there is any result afterward! ~~
sab
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:40 am      Reply with quote
Back to Pooh Bear's question... Clinque is very good to keep away the shine by covering the pore (just fill the gap) so that the pores are minimized. But donno whether it clog pores or not.

Hydration and regular deep cleansing (scrub and mask) would give better result than those "pore minimizing" product I guess... Eh?
suz

Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not able to find the Cle de Peau, do you know where to buy it? Also, do you feel it works better than Cliniques pore minimizer?
marella
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:04 am      Reply with quote
suz wrote:
I'm not able to find the Cle de Peau, do you know where to buy it? Also, do you feel it works better than Cliniques pore minimizer?

Suz I'm sorry. I can help you with your Cle de Peau question, but didn't know about it. I didn't have this thread emailing me when a post was made.

I haven't tried the Clinique one so I can't compare the two, but it is almost certainly quite a bit more expensive than Clinique. I think it was about 40 dollars give or take. The only good thing there is that is lasts for a while. A good place to go to read reviews on it and the Clinique is makeupalley.com. That is where I heard about the Cle de Peau pore minimizer for the first time. Hopefully you will get an idea of how well it will work for you compared to the Clinique.

Okay Cle de Peau. I know that some or perhaps all Neiman Marcus stores carry it. If you check Neimans on line you should be able to access the store closest to you so you can try it out, or else call Neiman stores to see if they carry it and can ship it to you.

The only Saks Fifth Avenue store that carries it is their New York store -telephone number
1.800.330.8497. They will be able to mail the product to you if you wish.
SKiser
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Posted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:04 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

suz wrote:

Suz I'm sorry. I can help you with your Cle de Peau question, but didn't know about it. I didn't have this thread emailing me when a post was made.

I haven't tried the Clinique one so I can't compare the two, but it is almost certainly quite a bit more expensive than Clinique. I think it was about 40 dollars give or take. The only good thing there is that is lasts for a while. A good place to go to read reviews on it and the Clinique is makeupalley.com. That is where I heard about the Cle de Peau pore minimizer for the first time. Hopefully you will get an idea of how well it will work for you compared to the Clinique

I've never used the Cle de Peau(too much $$) but have tried the Clinique. It's like a light concealer that really does work. I have breakout prone skin and this gave me no problems. Of course I don't use it now since I've started using Decleor's Ylang Ylang Oil. That keeps them clear of blackheads, thus not needing anything to eliminate them. Very Happy
summerheaven
5% products discount

Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:03 am      Reply with quote
JudyMarshall wrote:
I had an actual "enlarged pore", the kind that shows up as an actual small hole in the skin. It was on my cheek.

What I was using when it disappeared completely was a skin care line that had bee propolis. I'm assuming that the reason it worked well on that enlarged pore is that bee propolis is anti-microbial and cleans out the pores.

Occasionally, if I get lazy with my skincare routine, the pore will begin to show very slightly, but can be taken care of very easily when I go back to being faithful. So, it's still there, but is shrunk so much that you can't see it.

JUDY

Sorry to reopen this topic, I googled about pores, desperate to solve my problem and signed up for this forum =P

I have a couple of those 'holes' and I really want them gone. I even have like... a dent in my skin, like the holes, except they're like a line instead of a hole (they're not wrinkles) I have two...
Can someone please tell me where to buy that bee propolis product? I live in Canada, hopefully I can find it here!
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:30 am      Reply with quote
pore minimizer by clinique will at least make them disappear...you can try it at the makeup counter before buying,works great
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
BHA/AHA exfoliation will clean out and refine pores, keep them clear too.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |