Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I'm a sucker for shiseido skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Kerryshka
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
I just spent $88 for a 2oz jar of moisturizer. I love the stuff. It makes my skin so soft. Its the Bio-Performance Advanced Super Revitalizer and its amazing. I hate to write a rave for such an expensive product, but for once I've found something that works!
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
i just have used their sunblock, it is pretty good.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
I adore this brand but I am just not willing to subsidize its massive advertising cost.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
iv heard good things about shiseido...but cos the website that sells shiseido is a tad bit more expensive than whats it really worth, iv only tried their purifying mask and i dont really like it, its smells too perfumey and i dont see the results after 3 uses! i know i should stick with it a bit longer...maybe i will get back to it, i dont know!

kerry- whats so good about that moisturiser?
Kerryshka
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
It just makes my skin look "awake." It does a really good job of moisturizing without clogging pores and leaves a nice glow to my skin. Plus its not too heavy (but it is heavier than a day cream). Its a simple product but I love it.
ayapp
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
i love their skincare line.
dreamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
shiseido product is very gentle and many different line for different skin.Especially I like its cleanser.It washes dirt and oil of skin without harsh.
And Shiseido creams are very soft and not oily.
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
I like shisiedo products, as well. I have used their products on and off throughout the years. Their products always felt nice, but I never saw any substantial improvement.

Now, I always use their sunscreen. It is the best for my super oily skin in this Texas weather. I have used their sunscreen exclusively for the past 4 or 5 years.

Liz

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
abejita wrote:
I like shisiedo products, as well. I have used their products on and off throughout the years. Their products always felt nice, but I never saw any substantial improvement.

Now, I always use their sunscreen. It is the best for my super oily skin in this Texas weather. I have used their sunscreen exclusively for the past 4 or 5 years.

Liz

any way u can tell me the exact name of the sunscreen that u use?
what are its active ingredients?
and whether its suitable for acneic skin?

thanks! Very Happy
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
I use the Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion SPF 55 PA+++

(Water, Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polybutylene Glycol/PPG-9/1 Copolymer, Dimethicone Copolyol, Dextrin Palmitate, Xylitol, Methyl Gluceth-10, Glutathione, Zinc Myristate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Thiotaurine, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Ectoin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Isostearic Acid, Stearic Acid Disteardimonium Hectorite, Silica, Alcohol, Trisodium EDTA, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Titanium Dioxide.)

and the Extra Smooth Sun Protection Lotion SPF 33 PA++

(Water, Cyclomethicone, Dipropylene Glycol, Hydrogenated C6-14 Olefin Polymers, Dimethicone, Talc, Polybutylene Glycol/PPG-9/1 Copolymer, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone Copolyol, Xylitol, Methyl Gluceth-10, Glutathione, Zinc Myristate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Thiotaurine, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Ectoin, Dextrin Palmitate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Isostearic Acid, Calcium Stearate, Aluminum Distearate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Alcohol, Trisodium EDTA, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Titanium Dioxide.)

I have oily, acne prone skin and I have never had a problem with this sunscreen. I would suggest, though, since it is a water resistant sunscreen, that you use a cleansing oil to remove the sunscreen at night.

I am very fair and I have never gotten too much sun with this sunscreen. Just last weekend, I was at a baseball game, sitting in the bleachers for several hours in the full, hot sun. I wasn't even the slightest bit pink at the end of the day. I am sure had I not had on sunscreen, I would have been blistered before I got home.

HTH,
Liz

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
thanks Liz, il look into those when im in HK, cos i guess it'll be cheaper there than here.

hmm, iv never used a cleansing oil before. do u think DHCC or paula's choice cleanser (which it claims to clean all makeup, cos iv got this but i dont really wear makeup so not sure if it really does clean!) works?

thanks!
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
Whenever I use water resistant sunscreen and I don't use a cleansing oil, I start to get little bumps. It goes away when I start using a cleansing oil first.

That may not be an issue with you. Just keep it in mind if you use a water resistant sunscreen and you develop little bumps...try the cleansing oil before you toss the sunscreen.

Also, one of the reasons I prefer water resistant sunscreen is that I live in the southern US (Dallas) It is hot and humid all summer long and I find that the water resistant type lasts all day, and the regular tends to get wiped away throughout the day.

liz

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
Congratulations!
I used their cosmetics only.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 7:09 am      Reply with quote
abejita wrote:
Whenever I use water resistant sunscreen and I don't use a cleansing oil, I start to get little bumps. It goes away when I start using a cleansing oil first.

That may not be an issue with you. Just keep it in mind if you use a water resistant sunscreen and you develop little bumps...try the cleansing oil before you toss the sunscreen.

Also, one of the reasons I prefer water resistant sunscreen is that I live in the southern US (Dallas) It is hot and humid all summer long and I find that the water resistant type lasts all day, and the regular tends to get wiped away throughout the day.

liz

Thanks Liz Very Happy , i'll be sure to give the oil a try when i buy the sunscreen!
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 8:08 am      Reply with quote
About 10 years ago I tried a few shiseido products and wasn't impressed much.
Now, I keep seeing good reviews about their products. Are there any good shiseido products for oily skin (including anti aging)?
meggiequn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 9:21 am      Reply with quote
I'm a big fan of shiseido, although I'm trying to change to some other brands, I like the feeling of using shiseido, just worried a little bit about its anti-aging is not that strong.
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 9:34 am      Reply with quote
I did try a sample of the Advanced Retexurizing Cream made my face glow but its almost $200 USD-Skin care was either to harsh or to greasy for my skin do like the foundations
Kerryshka
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
shiseido has the philosophy that we exfoliate our skins too much and that is why EVERYONE seems to have sensitive skin these days. their products are gentle and don't cause inflammation. they might not give an instant effect like these super loaded AHA/BHA moisturizers, but they are safe for your skin for the long term and they make my face look hydrated and healthy and not red and irritated.
puregdstuf
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 7:16 am      Reply with quote
used to use the Skincare series but didnt do anything much other than feel good.
meggiequn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 8:40 am      Reply with quote
Kerryshka wrote:
shiseido has the philosophy that we exfoliate our skins too much and that is why EVERYONE seems to have sensitive skin these days. their products are gentle and don't cause inflammation. they might not give an instant effect like these super loaded AHA/BHA moisturizers, but they are safe for your skin for the long term and they make my face look hydrated and healthy and not red and irritated.

I can't agree more. Just the only concern is its anti-aging effect.
jodd
5% products discount

Fri May 25, 2007 8:59 am      Reply with quote
I've tried for a few shiseido skincares. I'm not impressed at all. The only one that I like is Anessa sunscreen.
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 9:15 am      Reply with quote
I am using their tinted moisturizing sunscreen in medium when I don't have time to use MMU or am just hanging out. I do like it, though there are not enough color choices to cover everyone and girl at the counter was not polite enough. In fact, the wares were all messy and I could not sample by myself, which I prefer, and then she kind of threw the stuff at me [Nordstrom's Chicago].
Kerryshka
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
yeah rude sales ladies always ruin it for me too Sad
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
I tried some Shiseido about a year and a half ago. I had the Purifying Cleansing Foam which was a little drying on my skin, Hydro-Nourishing softener which actually was nice ... didn't feel drying at all on my skin, and then I had the day cream I think (I just can't remember what it was called). I used these for a few months and didn't notice any dramatic results, however, I loved the smell of these. They seemed so luxurious to use.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
The only product I like from Shiseido is Benefiance Revitalizing Eye Cream...smooths out my fine lines like nothing else does. Smile It's VERY rich and takes ages to absorb, so I only use it at night. But since I started using it, I've never woken up with fine lines nor puffiness (which a lot of rich eye creams seem to give me). Very Happy

Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |