Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)
What top coat do you guys love?...for shine and durability..
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Cautious newbie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 8:56 am      Reply with quote
I love doing my nails in this weather...but I hate when darker colours lose their shine so fast and you can see the smallest chip.

What top coat do you love?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Daby--It is the BEST topcoat I have ever used. Nail polish simply doesn't stay on my nails no matter what I do, that is until I discovered Daby. It is a must try.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 9:25 am      Reply with quote
For me, it is Heart of Nails top coat. I recently discovered it and cannot believe how well it stands up to my keyboarding...I tend to hammer with the tips of my fingers instead of the pads....I have always had problems until I discovered this stuff! You can get it from the Heart of Nails salon in Toronto or from the Canadian Shopping Channel.
pudoodles
Ch79
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 9:57 am      Reply with quote
I don't really like to do my nails at home, but when I do, I use Seche Vite top coat.
It gets rave reviews everywhere, including magazines and Makeup Alley, for being the toughest top coat around, drying fast, and giving a very nice, glossy shine.
It's cheap and you should be able to find it most normal places. I think it's at drug stores, but if not, Sally's carries it.
You can read plenty of reviews for it at MakeupAlley.

I also find this is what most nail salons use for their top coat.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 10:08 am      Reply with quote
fun fun....i love my nails...i think they are my greatest trait (too bad it wasn't my skin)...

I went to a salon where they used all essie products and i must say that manicure and pedicure lasted for a long time! but i find their products get "thick" very fast...

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 10:17 am      Reply with quote
OPI has a top coat that can also be used as a base coat.

Together with my OPI nail color, my manicures remain nearly perfect for 2 weeks or longer!

I find OPI products to be better quality and longer lasting than essie.
Cautious newbie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 10:25 am      Reply with quote
babybelle wrote:

Together with my OPI nail color, my manicures remain nearly perfect for 2 weeks or longer!

TWO WEEKS or longer?!! You must reapply top coat every few days (i'm trying that out this time)...my manicures don't look very good after ONE week (i've got OPI blackberry on right now and loving it).

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 11:28 am      Reply with quote
i LOVE Jessica Brilliance High Glos in a flash. It makes my nails really shiny and dries pretty fast too.
babybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Cautious newbie wrote:
babybelle wrote:

TWO WEEKS or longer?!! You must reapply top coat every few days (i'm trying that out this time)...my manicures don't look very good after ONE week (i've got OPI blackberry on right now and loving it).

I keep my nails short (barely past my fingertip) and reapply the topcoat daily. Make sure to "wrap" the tips of the fingernail with the polish. This helps with chipping.

I also religiously wear rubber gloves when washing dishes or immersing my hands in water. This helps lengthen the life of my mani.

OPI Blackberry is one of my favorite colors!
puregdstuf
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 7:31 am      Reply with quote
OPI's topcoat is very good. Help my colour last for at least 2 weeks.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Im loving this sally hansen...drys quick and lasts...

http://www.sallyhansen.com/nail_treatment/4208_spd_shine.cfm
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Ch79 wrote:
I don't really like to do my nails at home, but when I do, I use Seche Vite top coat.
It gets rave reviews everywhere, including magazines and Makeup Alley, for being the toughest top coat around, drying fast, and giving a very nice, glossy shine.
It's cheap and you should be able to find it most normal places. I think it's at drug stores, but if not, Sally's carries it.

I second the Seche Vite top coat.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Ch79 wrote:

puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Lisey wrote:
Ch79 wrote:

I love it too - its the only one I use.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
I love OPI. It's the only one I use. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
I've always been skeptical about ones that are both top and base coat (which is what OPI is)...no basis for my skepticism, just my feeling.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
Definitely Revlon ColorStay. It was apparently developed from the stuff they use to coat the paint on cars (lol) and really it keeps my nail polish with no chips, etc. for at least two weeks. Sometimes three weeks if my toenails are covered with socks.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
feet are a completely different story...my pedis can last for a month or more, even without top coat!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
I am completely in love with the top coat (and everything else, really) from the "Heart of Nails" line....I know that they have a shop in Toronto..the only other place I think you can get it is through the Canadian Shopping Channel...I tend to "hammer" my keyboard; I'm really tough on my nails....I use the Heart of Nails protein base coat, then follow with other HON products to create a french manicured look. The top coat finishes it off...It is the only line that really stops my nails from breaking off. The top coat is ultra-shiny but tough! I also use their nail cream which I simply cannot be without. I put it underneath my nails at least 5 nights a week..I'm sure that this cream is contributing to my now "chipless" nails!
puds
Camelia
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Seche Vite is my favourite top coat but don't even think about using it over bare nails to give a natural shine, it just peels off within a day. Keep it as a top coat and you won't be disappointed, it also seems to maintain the varnish for longer.
Maria1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
NEW Sally Hansen Complete Care 4 in 1. It's a base coat, top coat, nail strengthener and speeds up nail growth. I've been using it about 2 weeks and my nails are longer and stronger without being dry.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
I've had great results with Zoya's top coat (Armour). I wear Zoya polish a lot and don't get chips and the shine lasts nicely.
hopemelody
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
I am completely in love with the top coat (and everything else, really) from the "Heart of Nails" line....I know that they have a shop in Toronto..the only other place I think you can get it is through the Canadian Shopping Channel...I tend to "hammer" my keyboard; I'm really tough on my nails....I use the Heart of Nails protein base coat, then follow with other HON products to create a french manicured look. The top coat finishes it off...It is the only line that really stops my nails from breaking off. The top coat is ultra-shiny but tough! I also use their nail cream which I simply cannot be without. I put it underneath my nails at least 5 nights a week..I'm sure that this cream is contributing to my now "chipless" nails!
puds

I've seen this on the TSC web site and never given a thought about it. now I want it...
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 5:25 am      Reply with quote
Seche Vite for me too Very Happy. But have only compared it to OPI.

However I painted one base coat, one color and one layer of Seche Vite. Went to bed and woke up with no fabric marks! Laughing I think that passes the test don't you?

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 5:53 am      Reply with quote
cuppre wrote:
Seche Vite for me too Very Happy. But have only compared it to OPI.

However I painted one base coat, one color and one layer of Seche Vite. Went to bed and woke up with no fabric marks! Laughing I think that passes the test don't you?

Wow that' great. I always end with fabric marks if I apply my nail polish 1 to 2 houra before I go bed. I just apply too thick a coat. Does anyone know where can I get Seche Vite in Australia?

Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |