Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Undecided about Philosophy's Hope & A Prayer - opinions?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Camelia
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
I've used a bottle of this and I'm now beginning another bottle. I'm uncertain about this powder and whether I'm seeing an improvement or not. I'm also concerned about the inclusion of vitamin C and copper together which I'm sure I've read is not recommended.
What do you guys think? For anyone who hasn't used it before, it's a powder that you mix together with a moisturiser in the morning. It is supposed to prevent oxidisation of the skin in the same way that an apple half is prevented from turning brown if lemon juice is applied to it. Philosophy's analogy is a very simplified one I'm sure because our skins are far more complex than apple halves!
I'd love to read your opinions of this product and if it worked for you or if you've found a better vitamin C product that produced an improvement you could really see.
Camelia
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Is anybody else using Hope & A Prayer? It must be such a well kept secret that nobody wants to talk about it Laughing
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 1:29 am      Reply with quote
Don't worry, it can take a while to get an answer - some of us are in different time-zones (I'm over here in Blighty) and not everyone accesses the forum daily.

Anyway, onto the subject at hand. That's the Vit C powder, right?

To be honest, I wasn't wowed by it. I found it somewhat fiddly to use and didn't get great results. I much prefer using a Vit C Serum. Currently, I'm using and loving Candessence Triple C, but there are also other good ones at lower strengths, such as Janson Beckett, Vivier, etc. A lot depends on what kind of texture you like - watery and sinks in easily or with a more gloopy, hydrating feeling.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 4:09 am      Reply with quote
I used it for awhile but can't say that I noticed any specific improvement to my skin. I think it is a little fiddly to use and I was always spilling the powder like a clutz. I've also switched to Candy's Tripple C but I hate the bottle - it squirts everywhere. I'm going to transfer it to a conventional dropper bottle. I am also using a UP5 which has a Vitamin C mode so I'm going to continue on using a serum.

I can't find the percentage of Vitamin C in Candy's product but I also have a sample of C+ Firming Serum by Cellular Skin Rx which is at 12%.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 4:18 am      Reply with quote
I dont know about that product but they have one product called the supernatural.It comes in a tube and you dot it on and spread it all over your face,it comes in only 1 shade but it works for all skin colors and it makes your face look amazing....takes all the oiliness out it just makes you look like you have a good complexion and u dont even look like you are wearing any makeup, its an incredible product.Sample it at the Nordstroms counter.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 5:27 am      Reply with quote
Someone here lately said that the best, and the best value also, Vit C serum that they had tried was available here at EDS, under the PSF line.

PSF products are very good, and reasonably priced.

I tried the philosophy product and felt the same as the others here!
hth!
Camelia
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
This is what I suspected, I'm glad I'm not the only one and thank for your replies! Does anyone know if it could actually damage the skin due to the combination of copper and Vitamin C?
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Camelia wrote:
This is what I suspected, I'm glad I'm not the only one and thank for your replies! Does anyone know if it could actually damage the skin due to the combination of copper and Vitamin C?

I wouldn't have thought so. As far as I know (and anyone please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), the copper will negate the effect of the Vitamin C, but that's all.

I think you can relax.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 7:21 am      Reply with quote
I don't know about Vit C and Copper peptides but what a naf name! Philosophy is always coming up with these cutsey names which make me want to reach for the bucket! Sorry, my opinion. Rolling Eyes
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 7:42 am      Reply with quote
I used this a few years ago when it first came out...i was mixing it with their moisturizer. I liked it...never really noticed a difference in my skin. I got lazy with the mixing...it seemed to change the consistancy of my moisturizer and make it less...well...moisturizing so I switched brands. I did really like the line but would not repurchase the powder.
Camelia
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your replies. Yes, the Philosophy names are really silly aren't they! I bought this as it was a cheaper alternative to the Sebagh Vitamin C powder. I'm going to work through it and assess once I've got through the second bottle. Originally I was using this with the serum (entitled by a similarly stooopid name) but I had an awful breakout with it and have since mixed it in with a moisturiser. I wait a few minutes and then apply sunblock.Once I'm done with it I'll try one of the Vitamin C serums recommended by the best informed people I know, those on this forum!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 6:18 am      Reply with quote
I've tried the Dr Sebagh and found the results and usage to be on a par with Philosophy's - ie not noticeable and messy to use.
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 9:42 am      Reply with quote
I used the Philosophy line a few years back, including the Vit C powder. I didn't see much results if any until I started DIY skincare a year ago and making my own l-ascorbic serums daily.

To my knowledge acids and CP's will not cause damage, but they will cancel out the effectiveness of the other. Some say there needs to be a 12-hr gap between applying the two, some say a 6-hr gap is fine; I've read that Vit C can remain in the skin topically for two days. So there are varying ideas on that, but, all agree that the two applied together is not going to achieve the results you're looking for.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |