Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
razor burn
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
whatgirlsrmadeof

Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Hey guys, I'm new here, but I absolutly love this site already! You're all right that it's addicting. It's about 10 am and I've been on here for about 2 or 3 hours now.

Anyways, I was wondering if there were any remedies for razor burn that anyone had... I've tried so many (what I thought was) logical things, but I guess I don't really understand how razor burn works.
Caspers Mum

Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hate razor burn! Ways to avoid it: always use a sharp, new blade/razor. Use a good, lubricating shave gel, foam, or cream. Allow hair to soften, either by waiting 5 minutes into your shower or bath. Use something soothing on the area later. For men, obviously a soothing after-shave. For women, a shave-minimizing lotion helps, I find. Tend Skin is also a great product to soothe the area(s).
aprildawn

Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
i used to get razor burn every time i shaved my legs. my never fail combo, gillette venus divine. fresh blades are a must every couple shaves. and aveno shave cream for sensitve skin. also tend skin does work wonders on irritated areas like the bikini line. then use a mild unsented lotion. i suggest lubriderm for sensitive skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:24 am      Reply with quote
First, logically, make sure the skin is exfoliated before shaving. Next (and I have waffled about this on so many posts) the saviour in my home is to apply a layer of Aqua Glycolics face cleanser to the skin. Then after 10 seconds or so put on your shave cream and go as usual.

This works equally well for legs or men's faces (saved my husband from horrible razor burn and he does this routine religously).

You can find Aqua Glycolics at most drugstores in the USA and also in Australia (can also buy online from their website).
lovestuff
5% products discount

Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
I used to get really bad razor burn and folliculitis on my legs after shaving. I'd have little red polka dots all up and down my legs. I went to my derm and she prescribed 1% hydrocortisone cream with AHA in it, and it's not a problem anymore. You can use it daily, for prevention, or after you shave. I used it daily at first, but now the skin seems to have improved, and I only use it after I shave. It's also very moisturizing and softening.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
i use skintimate shave gel, a fresh blade everytime and the skintimate after-shave leg cream...I stay moist and no nasty burn!
Mabsy

Sun Dec 26, 2004 2:18 am      Reply with quote
lovestuff wrote:
I used to get really bad razor burn and folliculitis on my legs after shaving. I'd have little red polka dots all up and down my legs. I went to my derm and she prescribed 1% hydrocortisone cream with AHA in it, and it's not a problem anymore. You can use it daily, for prevention, or after you shave. I used it daily at first, but now the skin seems to have improved, and I only use it after I shave. It's also very moisturizing and softening.

You can also use TendSkin for this. It is not moisturising, and it does smell a bit like vinegar (from memory) but it does a very good job of getting rid of and preventing ingrown hairs and shaving reactions.
lovestuff
5% products discount

Sun Dec 26, 2004 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Now that my skin is a little better, I do use Tendskin afterwards. But in the beginning, I used to cut myself a lot, and Tendskin would sting. I ordered the Tendskin deodorant and used it as a solid form of Tendskin and it works quite well. (Based on a recommendation I saw here for underarm ingrown hair colonies.) But EDs has discontinued all but the liquid form of Tendskin!!! Why, oh why???? The deodorant form is great as a deodorant, and as a solid, milder form of Tendskin. Any chance they'll change their mind and bring it back?
Mabsy

Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
Bugger! EDS no longer carries the deo? I really liked that one - it was so much more convenient than applying the liquid TendSkin to the underarm area! Confused

Do agree on the stinging - keep the TendSkin away from cuts or freshly exfoliated skin or it'll hurt like hell! I used it once on freshly exfoliated underarms - OMG I still remember the pain!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:48 am      Reply with quote
I can totally relate! Shaving used to be an absolute ordeal, until I found my holy grail...click on this link for more info on the answer I found:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3068

I addition to my homemade pre-shaving scrub, I swear by the Gilette Venus razor (the original, not the Venus "Divine" which sucks bigtime!!) and Zirh Shave Gel.

Also, I don't know if this is the same as the TendSkin deodorant, but I got this at Ulta before I discovered my own homemade remedy:

PFB Vanish - An unique, cosmetically elegant roll-on gel. This gel was formulated to aid in the relief of ingrown hairs, razor burn/bumps resulting from shaving, waxing, electrolysis and laser hair removal. PFB VANISH exfoliates skin cells to "lift ingrown hairs" above the skin line and reduces swelling and redness due to irritation.

EDS also sells it -- look on their Tendskin page.

HTH,
Carrie
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |