Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My results from switching to Lush Lash (with pics)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
Ok you all know I was having the severe dry and red eye problem when using RL, so I begged Carrie to sell me the Lush Lash to try. And she took pity on me. I received it in late March and promptly switched to LL on the same day I received it. I have been religiously using LL every night except for a couple of nights that I forgot, and these past two nights which I left it in my bf's fridge. (Thank goodness I'm going back there tonight to go on our trip to Belize.)

Anyway, my eyes aren't red any more from using the Lush Lash, and my lashes have got longer and more curly. I don't have the before pictures for before I started on RL because I didn't know how to work my camera back then. I still find that I still don't take good pics, or maybe my camera just cannot take a very closeup shot. This is the best I can do!

So here are my before and after results:

Before LL (still using RL on 3/15/07 date of pic):

After LL without mascara (pic taken today):

After LL with mascara:

Being Asian, I'm very happy that I now have lashes! Before I started using RL and LL, I got nothing. My lower lashes were invisible. Now I actually have some. My longest lashes are about 1.2 cm, but I still got plenty that are 8 mm. I will continue to use LL because otherwise my lashes are too sad to look at, and I look pathetic with mascara because there's nothing to curl and put mascara on.

ETA: I'll probably only keep these pics up for about a week. Thanks!
girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl, wow , I must say I can definitely see that your lashes grew with Carries LL in comparison to the before shots. I especially can see the difference in the before and after shots that you posted where you are looking up. After seeing your pic improvements, I bet many members will become even more impatient in regards to gettin' some of her miracle potion Wink .

I must say, your lashes look awesome!!! Keep 'em up, and keep us posted!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
That's amazing! Your lashes look so much long, fuller and darker. I'm on the waiting list for LL once I read all the raves, and now I really can't wait now that I've seen actual results.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, your lashes really grew longer after the LL! That's amazing and changed my perception of that the length of eyelashes are fixed, much like your hair on your lips, arms.
Cuddles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
Lucky you! Enjoy!
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
That's a huge difference!! That's very impressive. And BTW ... I wish my skin looked that good close up! I'm jealous! Smile
babybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
wow, bkkgirl, the difference is amazing! Being asian myself, I am right there with you on our "inferior" lashes. Thanks for the info, and I will give Lush Lash a try!

...adding to list...

btw, your eyeliner looks gorgeous! what brand do you use?
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Your lashes look GREAT!
Enjoy!

Lucy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
Posting this before we can order the product is cruel. Why do you taunt us so!! Laughing

5% products discount

Thu May 24, 2007 6:52 am      Reply with quote
Bkkgirl, you are the hottness. Thank you for posting your pics. I personally find it much more valuable to 'see' the difference rather than by anecdote

So THANK YOU! And I hope we can all order LL soon. I'm doing an eye to eye RL to JM comparison and I might just have to replace one of the contestants with LL...

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 7:27 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl, your lashes and skin look great. Well-done! Isn't LL great? I love it too. Thank you for taking the time to document it so well. Big hug!
Pippi_Plum
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
I want! I want! Laughing

Is Lush Lash on the market? Can we order it?

Does it work the same way JM or RL do?

I just ordered JM but the lashes posted here are gorgeous!!!! Shock

Pippi
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
That is indeed a noticeable difference! Good for you!

As soon as things settle down for Carrie I'm going to get some, as well as a few other goodies Cool

BTW anyone know how to contact Carekate (PMs didn't seem to work) - doesn't she have a website now?

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
All that's openly/officially known is that carecate has taken a break from marketing her wonderful products, and it might end up permanent. It would be best not to post more raves or progress reports (unless they are questions/problems one needs solved), because it only frustrates those who don't have and can't access the items.

eta:
oops I spoke too soon! Carrie is back, just give her some time to reestablish her presence...
Snake
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 4:30 am      Reply with quote
wooooo i envy u Laughing

ur lashes really grew with LL, they look awesome... u r doing great... keep them up Wink
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 29, 2007 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks all. Just got back from Belize this morning. I brought LL with me there and kept it in the fridge. I made sure I brought it back. LOL I was worried the heat in Belize would spoil the ingredients, so I hope it didn't.

By the way, in case some of you didn't know I started using RL on Jan 4 (if I remember correctly). So by 3/15, it was about 2.5 months, and you could see that some lashes were still not too long while some were acceptable. I got LL on the last Friday of March, and started using it right away. So now I've been using LL for 2 months. Yes, I think LL does work, and it helps to condition my lashes, too.

According to a post Carekate made on another thread, she is experiencing some health issue that caused her to quit her day job, but she sounded upbeat still and said that she'd now have more time to devote to her lab!! Very Happy She also said she'd deal with PMs last weekend since someone was supposed to help her install a PC and internet access at home. Woohoo! I'm sure this is an exciting news to many of us. I hope you all will be able to try Carekate's LL serum, too. I like it much better than RL which I now threw away after the last time I tried it again and it caused my eyes to look bright red (so scary).
Snake
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 1:35 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
now I've been using LL for 2 months. Yes, I think LL does work, and it helps to condition my lashes, too.

According to a post Carekate made on another thread, she is experiencing some health issue that caused her to quit her day job, but she sounded upbeat still and said that she'd now have more time to devote to her lab!! Very Happy She also said she'd deal with PMs last weekend since someone was supposed to help her install a PC and internet access at home. Woohoo! I'm sure this is an exciting news to many of us. I hope you all will be able to try Carekate's LL serum, too. I like it much better than RL which I now threw away after the last time I tried it again and it caused my eyes to look bright red (so scary).

As I ll be attending my high school's 80th Anniversary Dinner on Jul 7, I hope I could be able to try Carrie's Miracle Lash serum asap (keep my fingers crossed). I really wanna have my lashes back... Crying or Very sad Anyways , Carrie, take good care of urself, especially ur health, and get well soon. We ll be here for u Razz
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
babybelle wrote:
wow, bkkgirl, the difference is amazing! Being asian myself, I am right there with you on our "inferior" lashes. Thanks for the info, and I will give Lush Lash a try!

...adding to list...

btw, your eyeliner looks gorgeous! what brand do you use?

Hi Babybelle,
Sorry, just seeing your question. My eyeliner is actually permanent. Very Happy
Thanks,
C
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Do you have mascara on in the last picture? If so that can make up the difference from the picture above it, I have great lashes, but with mascara they are hugely better! Oh and maybe you posted this, but how long were you using RL before starting LL? I personally had very quick results with JM but stopped due to lid discolorations and never tried RL, so I am curious. Thanks
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
Do you have mascara on in the last picture? If so that can make up the difference from the picture above it, I have great lashes, but with mascara they are hugely better! Oh and maybe you posted this, but how long were you using RL before starting LL? I personally had very quick results with JM but stopped due to lid discolorations and never tried RL, so I am curious. Thanks

I think she put descriptions above the pictures, and the last pic said "with mascara." The two pics above that have a title "without mascara." From her post (immediately three posts above yours), she said this:

"By the way, in case some of you didn't know I started using RL on Jan 4 (if I remember correctly). So by 3/15, it was about 2.5 months, and you could see that some lashes were still not too long while some were acceptable. I got LL on the last Friday of March, and started using it right away."

Hope that helps!
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
oh thanks ruk1, sry I missed the dates, so this is a mix of over 2 months of RL and then followed by LL. Does anyone thats only used the LL have any pictures. I had all my results of growth with JM within 1.5 months, it then took about 4 months for that to go away once I stopped using it. I'd love to see results of LL alone, since I cannot/well really mean will not use JM.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using LL for a more than 2 months now nightly. In the beginning I used it in the AM too sometimes but I find that you get the same results by using it once a day so to save product I stopped using it in the AM. I was using Ardell prior for 4-6 months (I can't remember the exact dates) and have not had much growth at all but I did gain an extra 1-2 layers of lashes even though the length remained the same. I used Ardell consistently for 2x daily. I don't have pictures but I didn't start noticing significant length until maybe 2 weeks ago and my lashes are about as long as bkkgirl's with mascara picture or maybe longer because mind sticks down so it appears shorter than it would be if it was curling upwards. I started off with average lashes, nor particularly short but definitely not long at all. With mascara and curling the tips of my lashes are definitely above my double eyelid and touch the lower part of my browbone (if that makes sense). They're long enough that they are noticeable without using a curler and just the regular curling effect of normal mascara (I use Shiseido). I have experienced no shedding at all with either Ardell or LL and the LL has maintained my extra layers of lashes, I may have even gotten an extra layer! If I look close up I have about 3 layers of lashes now. They're not all evenly length yet, as I think that will take more time.

I also tried LL with my brows as I want to lengthen the ends but I find it's not working too well with that because I haven't noticed accelerated growth with my brow hairs, I find better results for my brow with Ardell. I also find with LL the part where I put it on my brows the surrounding area grows more than the area I want so I now use LL solely on my lashes.

HTH
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Am I the only one that LL DIDN'T work on?

Maybe my lashes are just stupidly resistant to the KGF.

5% products discount

Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone have the ingredient list for this product Question
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
Let me get this straight BBKgirl, were you one of the original 15 testers? I'm confused about this because I thought they were all older members who had been around long enough for Carrie to have gotten to know them pretty well. I was thinking there were a lot of long-time members who were on that list but didn't get to try it. -I'm just trying to get the time frame straight, so I can figure out where you are compared to them.

I must say, I'm so jealous if you were one of the lucky 15! Embarassed Just kidding. (I was supposed to be on the list, but I wasn't surprised when I didn't get to try it because I've only been here four months longer than you.)
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |