Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My results from switching to Lush Lash (with pics)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
Harmonster, I do agree with you that this thread seemed to become more of a personal issue rather than a review/ warning/ skepticism about the product Lush Lash.

Now, I do completely stand behind you on one point. And that is, that the product HAD been sold about the same time it was distributed to be tested (at least that's what I can gather from any dates I have read that had been tossed around). However, it all depends on what you consider a test group because I am almost positive that Carrie tried out the LL for some time herself (and if not even had let her family or friends try it) before even considering having it be tested by forum members. So, it all depends on what 'proper testing' is said to be.

However, I do see how some may say that you are personally attacking LL, or Carrie. The only reason is because, well, there are plenty of other DIY/ homemade products on our DIY skincare board being reviewed, but this is the one being scrutinized. My point being, why LL, why now, and why not lets say Candessence products or I Feel Pretty products. All other products can be considered a 'drug' as we had established in this thread previously, so why only this one?

Now, how about we all just take everyone else's posts with a grain of salt, take precautions for ourselves for what we consider safe/ dangerous, and be open to arguments. I understand that maybe I may have stepped on some toes, and I know others have as well. But lets just leave it be, because the arguing in this thread is honestly really not necessary at all. We all stated some facts and brought up some legitimate reasoning (so that's really more of a bonus for this thread Smile ). Just a bit of advice Wink.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, I agree completely.

I'm going to PM you my answers to your questions.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:13 am      Reply with quote
Harmonster wrote:

... we're all ladies here, aren't we?

NOT ME !!!

ImageImageImage
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Katee - ahhh I was just paraphrasing. I didn't accidentally used the "quote" symbols or did I to cause the confusion? Shock Sorry if by paraphrasing I managed to ruin the funny effect of the original statement. Didn't intend to do that!!

Girldelvov, Tosca, and Harmonster - check out this thread posted by Rjez:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=18005&start=0

I believe Rjez was one of the original testers, and she posted a review after using LL for 2 weeks on 11/20/06. That means the original testers must have been given LL to test in early November, right?

I bought LL and paid for it on 3/30/07. I don't see early November 2006 and end of March 2007 as such a close time period. That's about 5 months apart.

If I applied too much LL and it got in my eyes, a slight stinging sensation occurs. It will cause me to tear and the eye turns slight red but goes away. I didn't think to note this because it is rare that this happens. I do try not to get the product in my eyes, but sometimes excessive drop does form. I think it's the KGF that does it because I also bought SAS KGF for Brows that Dr Hannah said it's ok to use on lashes, too, and that it does work, and there is a warning that it should not get in the eyes as it will sting. However, Revitalash didn't sting me but it turned my eyes bright red and dried them out. There was no disclaimer about this on the RL's pamphlet. It took me reading someone's post about a reaction to glaucoma's meds to know that RL was the culprit.

By the way, my eyes feel stung by GOW anti-puffy eye serum as well even though I don't apply it too close to the eyes. I often have to close my eyes a while for the stinginess to go away.

Also, I didn't know that LL didn't work for some people as I never read anything about its not working until now. But I'm glad I got to buy one since it apparently worked for me much better than RL. Before RL, I tried Talika, so I guess I am one of those that needs to use some type of lash conditioner that helps to promote growth. I know for a fact that my eyelashes have doubled or more than doubled in length and volume since I started using Lush Lash. For someone who used to have pretty much almost no lashes, I have Carrie to thank for now having some like other normal people do. If you were born with normal length lashes already, you probably wouldn't appreciate it as much as I do.
girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:12 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:

Girldelvov, Tosca, and Harmonster - check out this thread posted by Rjez:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=18005&start=0

I believe Rjez was one of the original testers, and she posted a review after using LL for 2 weeks on 11/20/06. That means the original testers must have been given LL to test in early November, right?

I bought LL and paid for it on 3/30/07. I don't see early November 2006 and end of March 2007 as such a close time period. That's about 5 months apart.

Hi BKKgirl. I completely agree that 5 months apart is a long period of time. I honestly was under the impression (for some reason) that the testers and buyers were 1 month apart. Either way, I was wrong, so my bad.

bkkgirl wrote:
Also, I didn't know that LL didn't work for some people as I never read anything about its not working until now. But I'm glad I got to buy one since it apparently worked for me much better than RL. Before RL, I tried Talika, so I guess I am one of those that needs to use some type of lash conditioner that helps to promote growth. I know for a fact that my eyelashes have doubled or more than doubled in length and volume since I started using Lush Lash. For someone who used to have pretty much almost no lashes, I have Carrie to thank for now having some like other normal people do. If you were born with normal length lashes already, you probably wouldn't appreciate it as much as I do.

Definitely! If you find something that works for you, use it (unless of course it causes some weird reaction for you or makes you uncomfortable in using the product). And I honestly do appreciate you, as well as other people, sharing their results as it shows what a DIY made product can do (and even can compare to those very expensive big brand ones), and just an overall review of a product that we may use for beauty, this is a skin care and 'beauty' forum, isn't it?! Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
Embarassed I am so behind with everything on the board. I tried to follow the LL process to purchase some, but everytime I checked the posts were indicating Carrie was taking a break. I didn't want to bug her to death over LL, so I sorta forgot about it until today. Coincidently, I just bought RL at my 'Spa' today.

So, is Carrie back selling products and LL?

thks,
Lori S
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
lorimcp wrote:
Embarassed I am so behind with everything on the board. I tried to follow the LL process to purchase some, but everytime I checked the posts were indicating Carrie was taking a break. I didn't want to bug her to death over LL, so I sorta forgot about it until today. Coincidently, I just bought RL at my 'Spa' today.

So, is Carrie back selling products and LL?

thks,
Lori S

I believe she is back. You should try to PM her.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
I read her post that she got a computer and internet access at home now.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
sometimes I'm glad that I avoid this website.

I totally, 100%, agree with MermaidGirl. You guys do realize she WORKS in legal right?

And did I mention that I've worked in the medical device industry for almost 20 years?

In fact, my company just went through a routine FDA audit, and my current company is in the aesthetics industry.

I couldn't resist, so the last day I shared the JMAIE threads .... Regulatory was laughing so hard - it's scary what people will believe.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
Carrie is a lovely person. I just received some of her samples and her inventory list and lush Lash is included with all ingredients listed. Razz

My son came home from swimming with extremely dry, chapped lips and I let him use some of the sample of her lip balm as it was all I had handy at the time. His lips have never looked better! After just one application he said his lips felt so smooth and soft and they didn't hurt anymore. He has full lips and they indeed look nice and hydrated as well. That is amazing because he suffers from chronically chapped lips from swimming and running. Shock

I have yet to sample the other products but her lip balm is a keeper. Smile

Pip
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
sometimes I'm glad that I avoid this website.

I totally, 100%, agree with MermaidGirl. You guys do realize she WORKS in legal right?

And did I mention that I've worked in the medical device industry for almost 20 years?

In fact, my company just went through a routine FDA audit, and my current company is in the aesthetics industry.

I couldn't resist, so the last day I shared the JMAIE threads .... Regulatory was laughing so hard - it's scary what people will believe.

Ro, what was in the JMAIE threads that made the FDA laughing so hard?

By the way, I forgot to update that I got curious about Harmonster's post, and finally thought to show it to my boyfriend who is a lawyer. (I try not to bother him with legal questions since he has enough at work already, but this one really got me curious.) Anyway, he said it is incorrect, and that the FDA is the one who determines what is a drug, not just because someone claims something will change your appearance will make that product become a drug. Therefore if anyone decided to sue, it'd just be another frivolous lawsuit.

Pippi, glad you liked the lip balm. Is that the lush lips product?
Pippi_Plum
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, it's the Lush Lips overnight. Smile

I am also curious about what had the FDA laughing.

Pip
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl - I basically read some of the urban myths out loud ...

FDA recall (including the one where someone said a friend told her that FDA physically visited a spa), product contains lantanprost, ongoing FDA investigation, etc.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
bkkgirl - I basically read some of the urban myths out loud ...

FDA recall (including the one where someone said a friend told her that FDA physically visited a spa), product contains lantanprost, ongoing FDA investigation, etc.

Ro, does this mean that JM and RL don't have the glaucoma meds in them? I wonder what was drying my eyes out so much then.
Pippi_Plum
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
I thought it was understood that JM and RL contained a form of Prostaglandins?
Question

Pippi
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
No way does JMAIE contain a prescription drug. No way does JMAIE contain an analog or precursor.
Beyond that ... yeah, it's got something similar - but not too close.

FDA lists all warning letters and request for recalls. I can't find anything for Jan Marini. You can look it up onwww.fda.gov. Diet companies get warning letters all the time about unsubstantiated claims.

Check out this recent warning letter to Fusion Beauty for their labeling claims
http://www.fda.gov/foi/warning_letters/s6371c.htm.

And this one http://www.fda.gov/foi/warning_letters/g6265d.htm - for making drug claims like "reduces redness".

There was also a recall a few months ago for an herbal roll-on deoderant that contained an analog of a prescription drug ... voluntary recall. So, whatever is in JMAIE, is not very close to Latanprost. Remember, Visine can dry out your eyes too, but is not a prescription drug.

I'm going to do more poking around and see if I can find any filing paperwork for JMAIE.

Freedom of Information - FDA documents EVERYTHING.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
I've been told that sodium chloride (salt) can really dry out your skin, hair, and even eyes. JM, RL, and Visine all have sodium chloride in them..
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Lisey wrote:
I've been told that sodium chloride (salt) can really dry out your skin, hair, and even eyes. JM, RL, and Visine all have sodium chloride in them..

But so do our very own tears. Saline (sodium chloride mixed with water) is often used as a hydrator in hospital drips, etc.
Pippi_Plum
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Well it says here it does contain a prostaglandin. So what am I to believe? Confused

Didn't Allure run an article saying it did as well, or am I mistaken?

http://www.skinplistic.com/2007/01/12/no-need-for-mascara/#more-66
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Pippi, it does sound like JM does contain Prostaglandin if the article writer can be believed. wonder how she came up with that info. All I know is my eyes reacted to Revitalash big time, and they are ok with LL. So I'll keep using LL since it seems to be doing a great job without irritating my eyes.

Also, a quick update - I'm starting to shed my long lashes now. It started on the right eye, and the left eye is catching up. I don't have any bald spots. I have short (like my original length) lashes that I now have to grow back to the longer lashes again. It's about the right time since I've been using LL for over 3 months now. I read from the JM and RL threads that users of the two also experience shedding perhaps every 90 days or so.
Pippi_Plum
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I think it actually does.

http://mybeautyberry.com/index.php?/mybeautyberry/mbb_dailies_article/lashes_falling_out/

http://www.theinformedchoice.com/shop/prescription.html
Pippi_Plum
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
I guess they do contain a prostaglandin.

http://www.skinandallergynews.com/article/PIIS0037633707705211/fulltext
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |