Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

UK - anyone watching 'Embarrassing Illnesses' on TV?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 9:46 am      Reply with quote
OMG! For some reason I Sky+ed the first part of 'Embarrassing Illnesses' last week and have just watched as much as I could bear of it, strewth! What on earth made that guy want to get his piles out on the TV???? And why do they keep reshowing it when advertising the programme? I see the second part is on tonight, anyone brave enough to watch it!!??

Having said that, I think tonight they show how to actually do a check for breast cancer so it might be worth trying to watch. How many of us actually regularly check and know what we should be feeling for? I know I don't.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 11:28 am      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
OMG! For some reason I Sky+ed the first part of 'Embarrassing Illnesses' last week and have just watched as much as I could bear of it, strewth! What on earth made that guy want to get his piles out on the TV???? And why do they keep reshowing it when advertising the programme? I see the second part is on tonight, anyone brave enough to watch it!!??

Having said that, I think tonight they show how to actually do a check for breast cancer so it might be worth trying to watch. How many of us actually regularly check and know what we should be feeling for? I know I don't.

when was this on? i saw the ads on telly a few days ago but didnt catch it last night (tho i dotn watch much of english telly), i was watching The Apprentice.

about breast cancer---theres so many news coverages and programs on it, but i know that quite a few ppl still dont know that much about it Confused
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
That on after 'how clean is your house' A hypochondriac/obsessive compulsives nightmare night of telly!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 6:36 am      Reply with quote
i checked channel 4's tv listing and it didnt have anything about that show...is it on digital telly? ended up watching the dispatches programme about rubbish and bins last night Rolling Eyes
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 6:51 am      Reply with quote
OMG and I thought Japanese TV was bad...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2007 7:32 am      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
i checked channel 4's tv listing and it didnt have anything about that show...is it on digital telly? ended up watching the dispatches programme about rubbish and bins last night Rolling Eyes

Nope was on Channel 4.
karenbrown
5% products discount

Mon May 28, 2007 12:43 am      Reply with quote
the old man with the very sore penis was disgusting I couldn't finish my tea! Anyone watch how to look good naked? I couldn't believe it when my friend turned up on it she was saying how proud she is of her boobs. She's 54 but cetainly doesn't look it. I rang her promptly as you can imagine!!!!
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 12:51 am      Reply with quote
karenbrown wrote:
the old man with the very sore penis was disgusting I couldn't finish my tea! Anyone watch how to look good naked? I couldn't believe it when my friend turned up on it she was saying how proud she is of her boobs. She's 54 but cetainly doesn't look it. I rang her promptly as you can imagine!!!!

You ave brilliantly put me off breakfast Neutral

Good on yer friend! I have a weird fascination with Gok but I like what he does!

5% products discount

Mon May 28, 2007 7:52 am      Reply with quote
I watched that! I'm glad they showed how to check your breasts and it's not the long complicated way I've read about either (lots of small circles starting at the nipple and working outwards, lying down, standing up etc - seriously that's what I've read in places). The infected penis, why would he put up with that for 10 years? It was gross.

It's on Channel 4 8.30pm Thursdays.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 9:31 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
karenbrown wrote:

You ave brilliantly put me off breakfast Neutral

Good on yer friend! I have a weird fascination with Gok but I like what he does!

I love what he does for women. We have such low opinions of ourselves because of airbrushed beauties and it's nice to see that we come in so many different shapes and sizes and so what!
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 9:33 am      Reply with quote
curlylaura wrote:
I watched that! I'm glad they showed how to check your breasts and it's not the long complicated way I've read about either (lots of small circles starting at the nipple and working outwards, lying down, standing up etc - seriously that's what I've read in places). The infected penis, why would he put up with that for 10 years? It was gross.

It's on Channel 4 8.30pm Thursdays.

Wasn't it gross! He must have been in agony! The good thing about that programme, hopefully, is that maybe some of the people watching it will think my problem is nowhere near as bad as theirs I'll go to the doctor and get it sorted out!

As to the breast exam, you still need to examine laying down as you could miss something standing up and you have to check right up into the armpit as well.
curlylaura
5% products discount

Mon May 28, 2007 11:51 am      Reply with quote
From what I read you have to lie down and stand up, it seemed a lot compared to what they showed on the programme because they didn't mention lying down.

I'm going to go to my doctor to find out exactly how I should be doing it.
curlylaura
5% products discount

Mon May 28, 2007 11:56 am      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:

Wasn't it gross! He must have been in agony! The good thing about that programme, hopefully, is that maybe some of the people watching it will think my problem is nowhere near as bad as theirs I'll go to the doctor and get it sorted out!

I hope people get stuff like that sorted out, British people, especially men, are very uptight about their bodies from my experience, although that could just be what it's like where I live.

It's strange how people just accept things going wrong with them and don't get them seen to. Apart from the fear factor I don't understand that at all.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
WoW Shock You guys have such interesting programs in UK! U R right about people just being in denial for so long putting up with the most horrid conditions! My former FIL had a growth on his testicle the size of a grapefruit (according to the MIL) but would NOT see a Dr about it. Too embarrassed or scared of the treatment I guess.
Do you get Animal Planet in UK? I don't watch TV at home, but travelling I always pick a hotel that has this program!! fawnie

Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |