Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

jan marini skin zyme papya mask/zyme cleanser?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
anyone use this before? what did u think? i am loving jan marini products right now.. im using the bioglycolic cleanser day and night (soon ordering the regular cleanser for makeup removal) and the bioclear lotion and transformation serum. thinking about incorperating the zyme's in. feedback please!
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
I use it and love it. It's gentle non drying but effective even for my oily skin.
The only think wrong with it is the price Razz
lovelyjane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, the papaya series is really good.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:49 am      Reply with quote
I have ordered the JM papaya mask all thanks to Ibianca!
Used it only once but its very gentle and the instructions says you can use it daily. Straight after rinsing the mask off, my skin felt really smooth and bright and pores seem smaller. The smell isnt great though!

I will have to use it a few more times before I can say that it is working on my acne though

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:28 am      Reply with quote
yeayeah, I just love that mask!!! The best I've ever used.
Keep using it and you'll see how great it is. By the way, how long do you keep it on?

Also, I suggest you keep it in the fridge Very Happy
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:52 am      Reply with quote
lbianca wrote:
yeayeah, I just love that mask!!! The best I've ever used.
Keep using it and you'll see how great it is. By the way, how long do you keep it on?

Also, I suggest you keep it in the fridge Very Happy

Hi Ibianca!

I keep mine for a minimum of 15 minutes, is that about the right time? But I always jump in the shower when its about time to wash the mask off, so sometimes i leave mine on for about 30 minutes!

I do want to keep things in the fridge but there's just not enough room in there...and we put some stinky food in there which ultimately makes the mask smell too i guess!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
Hi Ibianca!

I keep mine for a minimum of 15 minutes, is that about the right time? But I always jump in the shower when its about time to wash the mask off, so sometimes i leave mine on for about 30 minutes!

I do want to keep things in the fridge but there's just not enough room in there...and we put some stinky food in there which ultimately makes the mask smell too i guess!

LOL Very Happy

Yeah, 15-30 min is fine. Also, I forgot to say something. I also think it matters how much of it you put on. I usually don't put it on thick. Last time I took too much of it and didn't want to put the excess back so I put another layer oon my face. !5 minutes later I look in the mirror and my face is RED! Shock I kind of panicked although it didn't burn or tingle much. I washed my face and after 10 min it was clear and pale again with the same great results as always.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
lbianca wrote:
I also think it matters how much of it you put on. I usually don't put it on thick. Last time I took too much of it and didn't want to put the excess back so I put another layer oon my face. !5 minutes later I look in the mirror and my face is RED! Shock I kind of panicked although it didn't burn or tingle much. I washed my face and after 10 min it was clear and pale again with the same great results as always.

WOAH I thought this stuff isnt as strong as that! I'll be sure to keep that in mind as I do tend to slather the masks on...i used to think the more the better Embarassed

How many times do you use the mask?
With all the things Im using and trying (KIAJ, PSF pumpkin peel/JB peel, PSF acne mud mask, Dr H rejuvenating mask, aspirin mask), I can only fit JM in twice a week

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
I use it 1-2 a week. I don't want to put my skin through too much and I don't want my skin to get used to it to the point that it won't be effective. This mask is a keeper Very Happy
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:59 am      Reply with quote
lbianca wrote:
I use it 1-2 a week. I don't want to put my skin through too much and I don't want my skin to get used to it to the point that it won't be effective. This mask is a keeper Very Happy

Thanks, i didnt want to use this mask daily either. Hmmm i dont know whether its the other JM things i've been using or its this particular mask but my non-acne bit of my face seems to glow Very Happy
Thanks for the rec!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone noticed a reduction in acne scars with these two products?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:40 am      Reply with quote
I used both of these, did nothing for me at all, threw them out!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:28 am      Reply with quote
bugaboo wrote:
I used both of these, did nothing for me at all, threw them out!

So the cleanser did not remove make-up well?
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:56 am      Reply with quote
Well, I never were foundation, just a little powder but my skin did not feel clean after using these products. Seams more of a treatment than a cleanser but did nothing for my blackheads and breakouts.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:40 am      Reply with quote
It's gentle and effective. I wasn't WOWed by it.... I think the pumpkin mask was more effective for me. Actually, the AlphaHydrox did a much better job at getting rid of dead skin/fading pigmentation, but it's also much more drying.

I read that this mask is more effective if you also use it with the Cleanzyme.

Too expensive, didn't reorder. Trying AlphaHydrox products instead bc they are cheaper. Happy so far.

Right now I am using the 12% Souffle a few times a week, the 14% peeling mask twice a week, and I just started using the spot treatment for fading marks (every other day).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
bugaboo wrote:
Well, I never were foundation, just a little powder but my skin did not feel clean after using these products. Seams more of a treatment than a cleanser but did nothing for my blackheads and breakouts.

Good to know, thanks Smile
Sassenach
5% products discount

Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Zia Cosmetics [available at Whole Foods, Longs, among others] makes an excellent Papaya Mask that is very reasonably priced. And don't forget that it's ultra simple to make your own:

1. Get a papaya.

2. Cut it in half.

3. Scoop our the fruit.

4. Place the papaya skin on your face.
Allison_Wonderland
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Sassenach wrote:
Zia Cosmetics [available at Whole Foods, Longs, among others] makes an excellent Papaya Mask that is very reasonably priced. And don't forget that it's ultra simple to make your own:

1. Get a papaya.

2. Cut it in half.

3. Scoop our the fruit.

4. Place the papaya skin on your face.

Good to keep in mind that a green, unripe papaya will be far more effective (higher % of papain enzymes) than a ripe, yummy looking papaya.
elee123
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:33 am      Reply with quote
Does your skin peel after using the papaya enzyme product?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |