Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What really works that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kd
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 11:48 am      Reply with quote
What products really work to reduce pore size and lines/wrinkles that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
i dont think theres anything out there that isnt expensive...but it depends on whether it does the job

i cant rec any cheap products for your wrinkles but for my pores, i think an aspirin mask is good. theres a thread in the DIY forum about different aspirin mask recipes

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Skinbio cp serum and the super serum are fabulous and cheap. Also, Emu oil.

Vivant serums are great and they cost between 54-60 for 1 oz. when it's not on sale.

Salicylic acid peels.

Most JM products aren't expensive but are great.

There are some great products that don't cost an arm and a leg that you can buy on sales and they do a great job Very Happy
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
Well, you have to realize, to a certain extent, you get what you pay for. So, if you buy something super cheap, don't expect it to do wonders. Having said that, there are some reasonable things out there that will give you results.

DHC and PSF skincare are both inexpensive brands that have good products. Nivea Co-Q10 wrinkle reducer is a nice, rich, night cream. Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask and Beyond Belief Clean Pore Nose Peel (both at Sally's) both work to reduce pore size.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
It should also be noted that you cannot truly reduce your pore size, you can only make them "appear" smaller.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
i dont think theres anything out there that isnt expensive...but it depends on whether it does the job

i cant rec any cheap products for your wrinkles but for my pores, i think an aspirin mask is good. theres a thread in the DIY forum about different aspirin mask recipes

I tried a search and couldn't find the thread. will you help me? thank you.
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
The below DIY mask is good:
- egg white (1 egg)
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- mixed with certain amount of starch (to make it sticky)

Egg white is good to reduce pores.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
kd wrote:
yeahyeah wrote:

I tried a search and couldn't find the thread. will you help me? thank you.

Would this be the one you try to look for:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=12902&highlight=aspirin+mask+recipes
kd
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you iamei. Hmmmmmm. I don't have any issues with acne. Sometimes some larger pores show up with certain MMU's. What do you think? Worth my time to do the aspirin mask thing or should I go in a different direction.
Appreciate the advice.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
I love my aspirin mask...it's not just good for acne...its general exfoliating properties can benefit anyone Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
lbianca wrote:
Skinbio cp serum and the super serum are fabulous and cheap. Also, Emu oil.

Seconded!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:48 am      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
I love my aspirin mask...it's not just good for acne...its general exfoliating properties can benefit anyone Smile

ParisTroika and Guapagirl - what your favorite aspirin masks. I've reviewed a ton of recipes and get the impression that each targets something in particular based on the different ingredients. Question
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:46 am      Reply with quote
My pores appeared smaller and clearer after using oils. They aren't perfect, but I see definite improvement. And oils are not that expensive. I use emu, jojoba, and camellia oils.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:50 am      Reply with quote
kd wrote:
ParisTroika wrote:

ParisTroika and Guapagirl - what your favorite aspirin masks. I've reviewed a ton of recipes and get the impression that each targets something in particular based on the different ingredients. Question

Nooooo not asprin masks for me! Shock I have dryish skin and no problems (normally) with breakouts, blemishes etc! My face would look like a dried out river bed if I put asprin mask on it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:35 am      Reply with quote
skim wrote:
My pores appeared smaller and clearer after using oils. They aren't perfect, but I see definite improvement. And oils are not that expensive. I use emu, jojoba, and camellia oils.

Good idea by skim. You can try the appropriate oil for your skin by Clarins for instance. It's 40 ml and it might appear expensive but it lasts for ages.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:47 am      Reply with quote
lbianca wrote:
skim wrote:

Good idea by skim. You can try the appropriate oil for your skin by Clarins for instance. It's 40 ml and it might appear expensive but it lasts for ages.

How long do you think a bottle of Clarins oil last? It's next on my list of purchase. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Sometimes a cheap clay masque is very good for the skin pores. Also sauna will keep your skin "glowing"... try this! Smile
Cheers.

kd wrote:
What products really work to reduce pore size and lines/wrinkles that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:39 am      Reply with quote
I tried those FREE samples of Clarins for older skin. Clarins did not work for me, don't know why. My skin appeared worst than before, so I gave the remaining samples for a friend to try. Don't know what happen after that!

I think you don't need expensive products to look "young". It is a matter of taking very good care of yourself i.e.

- eat well (no junk foods);
- lots of vegies and fruits;
- sleep well;
- don't smoke;
- try relaxation;
- exercise.

Cheers.

andaman_gypsy wrote:
lbianca wrote:
skim wrote:

How long do you think a bottle of Clarins oil last? It's next on my list of purchase. Smile
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:57 am      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:

18 months to 2 yrs easy even with daily application. That is, if you only put it on your face and maybe even the neck. It's very concentrated. There's no use in using more than very sparingly. It really lasts forever. Very Happy
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:05 am      Reply with quote
kd, some of the less $$spendy products I've found that help reduce pore size and wrinkles.. Of course, I also use some more expensive product as well... Very Happy

jojoba oil - inexpensive [at least at Garden of Wisdom and Trader Jo's] makeup remover, great for cleansing face and helping to keep pores unclogged, which will in turn minimize the appearance of pore size.

plain yogurt mask - inexpensive way to apply AHA to your skin in the form of lactic acid. If you run oily, adding some bentonite clay powder is very effective.

camellia oil - a few drops all over your face and neck as a last step. Helps to promote collagen production.

A great sunblock on face, neck, chest, arms and any other area exposed to the sun.

Hope this helps!

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:14 am      Reply with quote
lbianca wrote:
andaman_gypsy wrote:

18 months to 2 yrs easy even with daily application. That is, if you only put it on your face and maybe even the neck. It's very concentrated. There's no use in using more than very sparingly. It really lasts forever. Very Happy

Thanks! It works out really cheap if it lasts that long!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:18 am      Reply with quote
Love this and it is a big help.
I wasn't aware Trader Joe's has jojoba oil! AND they have good yogurt -- so BONUS! I feel a need to proceed ... to the nearest TJ's.
Used a combo of olive oil, castor oil and almond oil this AM and seemed very nice.
The camelia oil ... hmmm, might be easier to try to find it at a health food store? Seems expensive to ship just one product.
So far I'm loving the CP's and stuff from NCN, especially the microfiber cloth.
Thank you much!!!
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:25 am      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy,
I actually think it might last even longer. You really use a lot less of it each application than you's use a moisturiser or even serum. Smile
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:33 am      Reply with quote
kd wrote:
Love this and it is a big help.
I wasn't aware Trader Joe's has jojoba oil! AND they have good yogurt -- so BONUS! I feel a need to proceed ... to the nearest TJ's.
Used a combo of olive oil, castor oil and almond oil this AM and seemed very nice.
The camelia oil ... hmmm, might be easier to try to find it at a health food store? Seems expensive to ship just one product.
So far I'm loving the CP's and stuff from NCN, especially the microfiber cloth.
Thank you much!!!

Yep, only $6.99 USD for 4 oz. of organic jojoba oil at TJ's - that's where I also pick up my plain organic yogurt as well. Be careful, health food and vitamin stores will charge you much more for jojoba oil.

I've only been able to obtain camellia oil online from goldportbeauty. Gold port Beauty ships very very fast and if you buy 3 bottles of camellia oil, they'll send you another for free. I tend to go through both jojoba and camellia oils quickly since I use 'em in my hair as well Smile

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
kd
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Perfect!!!!!
Thank you!

And how to you apply the camelia to both your face and to your hair and do you use it in your lotion for arms, legs, etc.?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |