Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What product did wonders for YOUR complexion???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
nidsy

Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
Lately my face has been breaking out in pimples (especially on the forehead) and its quite depressing and to be honest I dont know whats causing this blotchy complexion!! Im 19 years old ..maybe my skin is reacting now? Ive always been quite lucky in that Ive had a clear complexion but maybe its time to invest some money into sorting this out!

Any recommendations?? What helped to stop or control your acne or blotchy skin? Also what worked in CLEARING away acne scars?
What can you not do without!!?
earich
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Try the Jan Marini Bioclear lotion or Clean and Clear Persagel 10.
Sweet_Angel
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi

I think the solution depends on the degree of severity of acne. Do u have cystic acne? If yes, the best bet is ur derm.'s recommendation. ProActive has worked for a lot of people (acne + scars), so u could ask ur derm if it is the right product for u. U might also want to take a hormone test (to check hormonal levels), Hormonal imbalance is the major cause of acne for millions of people. Other things that might help:

Herbal mask:

Fresh Lime juice (half a lime)
Honey (one teaspoon; if the lime juice stings, put more honey & less lime).
Banana pulp (one teaspoon)
Papaya pulp (one teaspoon)
Optional ingredient: Gram flour (1 teaspoon) - available in Asian stores.

Mix all ingredients in a bowl & apply. Keep for 30 minutes & wash off with gentle cleanser. If u dont have all hte ingredients, just use lime juice & honey everyday (lime juice is good for oily skin & also minimizes scars while honey is a good moisturizer & makes ur face glow).

I think it is important not to use harsh ingredients that can dry ur face. When I had acne I used a lot of over the counter products that dried my face too much. End result: my face secreted more & more oil, causing more pimples. Anyway, hope this face pack works. Take care

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
that's awful! i'm 29 and occasionally get a mega breakout when i am stressed (which seems to be always at the moment!) and i have the added bonus that my skin scars quite easily.
lately i have been using the dr hauschka rejuvenating mask *anyone familiar with the forum will know i have become quite evangelical about this product* and i'm finding that, along with clearing up my breakouts, it's also helping to reduce new and old scarring.
this is quite an interesting product because, although it is called a mask you can use it, intensively, to help with blemishes. after washing my face in the morning and toning, i apply a thin layer of the mask, leave it to soak in, then put a little of my regular moisturiser on over the top. it has been working wonders too *thanks goodness, i can't believe i'm still having breakouts at my age!*
it doesn't work overnight, but i really notice differences over a week in both my skin texture and the appearance of scars and blemishes.
i think it costs around $US35, but the fact that you use so little makes it worthwhile i think, i'd recommend it anyway.
good luck, let us know how you get on!

Kiwigirl

wave
indianT
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Nidsy,

I use to have very minor breakouts, but it was always cystic. I was so fed up with it. It wasn't severe but i was deep in the skin. Well I have tried almost every drugstore product to control it and also so high priced ones but nothing has helped my oliy blemished but sensitive skin excpet for Decleor's Ylang Ylang Aromaessence Oil and Balm Smile . OMG it's change my skin tone and controlled my oil. Give that a try if you want to try somthing non-chemical.
I also saw good results with Murad's cleanser and skin perfecting lotion.
nidsy

Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:16 am      Reply with quote
Thanx for the suggestions..
Kiwigirl...Im looking into purchasing the mask...I REALLY HOPE it does wonders for my skin too!!!
scootercat
5% products discount

Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
I couldn't live without retin-A and vit-C serum!!

Amy
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
I really hope it helps you, i always feel bad if the products i recommend don't work for other people as well as they did for me!
just remember that it is not an overnight thing like some of the other products, it's more gradual!
fingers crossed if you do decide to buy it!

Kiwigirl
BoomBoom
5% products discount

Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kiwigirl,

Can i actually use the Dr. H mask on my pimples?
I"M scared that the oil content as it contains wheat germ oil and even peanut oil, is going to break me out even more,, i'm very hesitant,
what do you think?

Boomboom!~ Question
Mabsy

Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:33 am      Reply with quote
I'm going to recomment a vitamin C serum and Dermalogica Microfoliant for the fading of old acne scars bit Very Happy

I have found MD Formulations Clearing Complex to be good at getting rid of pimples, together with the Clearing Complex mask. I have heard really good things about the Jan Marini product that Earich mentined but I have not tried it myself.

HTH
Mabsy
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,
I have been reading the posts here for a couple weeks but this is my first reply, please forgive me if I mess it up somehow Embarassed .

I am 38 and have had trouble with acne in the past and as a result have mild scarring from it. Having spent years baking in the sun and smoking my skin was to put it nicely very tired and dull looking.

In January I consulted with a dermatologist about reducing some of my scarring and wrinkling and he put me on the complete Obagi system including Retin-A.

My skin looks amazing after having used the products for six months along with Vivier Vitamin C serum. Several friends have seriously asked me if I had something done, there has been such a dramatic change. This is one product although expensive that has truly changed my life and done wonders for my skin.

Oops kinda long for my first post , I backspaced a lot as I could go on for ever about how much I like both Obagi and Vivier.

Have fun ladies and keep up all the great posts, it is soooooooooooooo nice to find people who are as concerned with ummmmmm vanity issues as I am hehe.
Sherri
Mabsy

Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:02 am      Reply with quote
Ah so you've been lurking around and spying on us Sherri! Laughing Glad you decided to join in on the fun Very Happy
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:37 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy,
Not really lurking more like it took me the two weeks to figure out how to reply. Having read some of your posts about your antics maybe you can appreciate me saying that hehe. Laughing

Sherri
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Looks like Retin-A and C serum is helping lots of us. Go Retin-A! Go C serum!!!
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
BoomBoom wrote:
Hi Kiwigirl,

Can i actually use the Dr. H mask on my pimples?
I"M scared that the oil content as it contains wheat germ oil and even peanut oil, is going to break me out even more,, i'm very hesitant,
what do you think?

Boomboom!~ Question

oh sorry boomboom, didn't see you'd asked me a question. i wouldn't use it on full-blown pimples, but in the healing stages it would definitely be okay.
scootercat
5% products discount

Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
Dermalogica's microfoliant, of course... Cool

Amy
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
yes, i'll second that, the microfoliant is also fantastic.
nidsy

Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:13 am      Reply with quote
right.....
guess Im going to have to invest in Dermalogica products!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |