Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best Anti-Aging Eye product?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Leonora

Fri May 25, 2007 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ladies!

This is my first post here. I will be turning 40 next year, and I am getting scared Sad . I am trying to find a anti aging eye creme for wrinkle prevention. Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you so much!
Leo.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi and welcome,

Check out this link recently looking for eye cream suggestions for ladies 38+.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=22401

I had been very tempted to try the Cellcosmet Eye Contour Cream, but have been sidetracked into wanting to try the Kate Somerville eye product when it's available at EDS. Currently I'm using Ice Elements eye cream which is ok, and before that was Dermalogica Multi-Vitamin Eye Cream .. this stuff actually seemed to help smooth out some of my fine lines I am developing (I'm 38 ), but of course, I'm always looking for something new to try. Smile

Hopefully you can find some good suggestions in the thread link. If you do a quick search on eye creams, you'll probably find many other suggestions.

HTH!
lovelyjane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
Z. Bigatti Eye return
jcyhung
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
I'm 38, hv been using Valmont Contour Cellular Eye and Mouth Cream 30ml since Apr 06. The cream is rich but not greasy and absorb rapidly, the most of all, I found areas under my eyes are less puffy!!
jeab
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:07 am      Reply with quote
I recommend la prairie
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:57 am      Reply with quote
do you smoke? If yes, please don't... you will get more wrinkles if you do Smile

Leonora wrote:
Hi ladies!

This is my first post here. I will be turning 40 next year, and I am getting scared Sad . I am trying to find a anti aging eye creme for wrinkle prevention. Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you so much!
Leo.
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:38 am      Reply with quote
I am 45 and nothing helps or prevents really. You can moisturize to *soften* the lines but I have hooded/sagging eyes and nothing really helps short of an eye lift. Sorry! I like Bobbi Brown hydrating eye cream the best but have used others that work like Avons hydrofirming which does not firm but hydrates. Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
For anti-aging, whatever Vitamin C product you can tolerate under your eyes (SkinMedica, LaRoche Posay, Skinceuticals, etc.) topped with a moisturizing eyecream to soften and hydrate, I love Juara Sweet Black Tea eye cream.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
I have seen some diminishment in crow's feet using Leaf & Rusher Active Serum and Eye Treatment. The Leaf & Rusher Eye Treatment is nice because it contains actives but does not irritate my eye area. It's not thick but it is moisturizing.

I also think that exfoliation (manual or chemical) helps with fine lines in the eye area. You just have to pick the product that works with your skin. I use the Clarisonic skin brush and/or a "microdermabrasion" sponge for facial cleaning and think it helps. And I use a mask every once in a while: I like NCN's 30% Pumpkin Peel and Candessence's aspirin mask - I tend to alternate using them. I'm able to put the mask on the area near the crow's feet without irritation (but am sure some could not tolerate this).

I've just recently gotten GHK CP cream but it's too early to report any results though I've heard and seen pictures that make me believe it may be a real winner Idea

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't found one single anti-aging cream that does it all for me, so I use 2 seperate products. I use Vivier vit c serum as a antioxidant preventative product (am) and Skinbiology Super GHK Serum (pm) and layer with Babor Sensational Eyes Eye Cream as a moisturizing product. The combo has worked really well for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
Don't mean to hijack the thread but I'm responding to rileygirl's question about Leaf&Rusher.

I use a number of Leaf&Rusher products. I got them all on Ebay. I got my first two along with my Leaf&Rusher dermaroller - the Active Serum and the Eye Treatment. I liked them so well, I went on to purchase the Day Tx Formula and the Night Tx Formula. I like them as well. I then went on to buy the Travel Kit so I can try some of the other products (toner, etc.) - haven't used them yet though. You can do a search and see I have posted some more feedback about the products here at EDS.

You can get Leaf & Rusher products for much less than retail on Ebay. Otherwise, some department stores carry Leaf & Rusher, I think flagship Bath & Bodyworks stores carry some of the line, you can order directly from Leaf & Rusherwww.leafandrusher.com , and Skinstore.com http://www.skinstore.com/store/category.asp?catID=6078 sells the line as well.

Here is the info about the Leaf & Rusher Eye Tx:

Quote:
The fragile skin surrounding the eye is an area of major concern to Dr. Leaf and Rand’s patients. Years of research yielded a light, rich formula with rapid, visible results. Using a multi-pronged approach, Eye TX lightly removes signs of aging with the Leaf & Rusher marine & yeast complex, and restores firmness with Vitamin C and matrikines, messenger peptides responsible for repairing the skin’s matrix. The skin’s lipid barrier is restored with barley and soy lipids, while a rare extract of rosemary encourages the skin’s productions of ceramides.

Unique Features & Benefits:
- Visibly improves all signs of aging in the periorbital area – eye contour – within weeks
- Advanced light reflectors instantly improve skin’s appearance

Ingredients:
water, squalane, santalum album (sandalwood) wood extract, phellodendron amurense(amur corktree) bark extract, hordeum distichon (barley) extract, cetearyl methicone, dimethicone, linoleic acid, glycine soja (soybean) sterols, phospholipids, butylene glycol, glucosamine hcl, algae extract, yeast extract, urea, propylene glycol, sodium citrate, citrus medica liminum (lemon) fruit extract, and cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, cetearyl alcohol, ppr12/smdi copolymer, behenyl alcohol, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, tribehenin, ceramide 2, peg-10 rapeseed sterol, and palmitoyl oligopeptide, biosaccaride gum-1, rosemarinus officinalis (rosemary) extract, lecithin, sodium hyaluronate, plankton extract, algae extract, artemisia vulgaris (mugwort) extract, caprylic/capric triglyceride, sea whip extract, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, hydrogenated lecithin, panthenyl triaetate, tocopheryl acetate, xanthan gum, mica, titanuim dioxide, tin oxide, sodium hydroxide, phenoxyethanol, benzoic acid, and dehydroacetic acid

After I cleanse my skin, I usually put on the Leaf & Rusher Active Serum all over my face (including under my eyes) and neck. Then, I put the Eye Tx all around my eyes.

Since I got the GHK CP cream, I'm going to alternate using it with the Leaf & Rusher products (since they contain A & C).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the info lunarmm. May I ask 1 more question. I am in my mid 40's, are you close to my age? Asking because I have different issues than a younger person! (And yes, sorry to hijack the thread but the leaf and rusher looks good!)
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Yep, rileygirl. I post my age (41yo) in my signature for that very reason Wink

You may want to look into the GHK Copper Peptide cream or serum. I think there are some threads here at EDS on them. The 1st generation of CPs is more gentle but seems to be very effective. Because of its gentleness, I've heard many people can apply this product directly around the eye area without irritation and/or uglies.

I bought my GHK CP cream fromwww.dianayvonne.com because SkinBio was unresponsive (and still is) to my 6/7 email. I also got a sample CP Night Eyes from DY. I'm glad I didn't get a full size as I think the GHK cream will work fine in the eye area for me and the CP Night Eyes has a chemical smell to it that I don't like Sad

I'm glad I got the GHK CP in the cream form as I have dry skin.

Thanks to other users, I was able to get an ingredient list of the GHK cream and serum to compare before deciding on the cream:

GHK Serum: Purified water, aloe vera gel, hydroxyethylcellulose, GHK-Cu, allantoin, polysorbate-20, glycine, diazolinydinyl urea, methylparaben, vitamin E, TBGS.

GHK Cream: Purified water, aloe vera gel, squalane, octyl palmitate, glycerol stearate, PEG-100 stearate, cetyl alcohol, stearic acid, lavender oil, GHK-Cu, propylene glycol, allantoin, diazolinydinyl urea, methylparaben, mixed (alpha, beta, gamma, delta) tocopherols, mixed (alpha, beta, gamma, delta) tocotrienols, lutein, lycopene, ubiqunone (Co-Q10)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks lunarmm - sorry about the age question, when I went to reply to you I did not see your signature! I was using the CP serum regular and then the super CP serum, but I put those on hold as I am on obagi right now. My nurse did put me on the eye cream - so I am checking out several other options! I am interested in the GHK though and that might be an option for my eyes.

Hpjrt - I will take a look at the site and send an email for the ingredients in eyebelieve. Thanks so much for the help!
Jolin
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:48 am      Reply with quote
I recommend Guerlain's Orchidee Imperiale Exceptional Complete Care Eye & Lip Cream. It hydrates, firms and reduces wrinkles around the eye area. It also helps to reduce dark circles and puffiness.

I do like Strivectin-SD Eye Cream too.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
Jolin, how long did it take to see results in diminishing of wrinkles. Did you have deep ones or just superficial lines? May I also ask your age? Thanks in advance!
Jolin
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Jolin, how long did it take to see results in diminishing of wrinkles. Did you have deep ones or just superficial lines? May I also ask your age? Thanks in advance!

Hi, I noticed reduction in depth and length of the deep line on my lower eye lid. I consider it as deep line because it's rather obvious. I've tried a lot of eye cream to solve this problem. So far, this is the best and it sink in rapidly without leaving a greasy film. Btw, I'm 33yo.
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Well, guys, I'm probably old enough to be your mother and I get that effect from Remergent DNA Repair, therefore, I am very keen on it. It does help to fade my wrinkles and lighten hyperpigmentation. Now I am slipping into using CP's as I use them on the keratoses on my arms and decolletage. So very slowly I'm working on a few on my chin; age spots, that is. Will see how it goes. But I'm really in love with Remergent as it gives me a glow and everyone asks what I'm using. My skin has really improved since I found this Forum and have an idea of what to use rather than just aiming in the dark. So I consider that I am really saving money by buying with a goal that is attainable. Thank you all for your advice. Hope I can reciprocate in some small way!
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I use Remergent DNA all around and under my eyes, which I don't know if I'll be brave enough to try with CP's. At least not until I get a feeling for how it works. I use Vivier Kinerase vitamin C under my eyes every few days, but I still have not been able to get rid of a few milia under one eye.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply, Jolin. I got a sample on ebay and will try it out. I am 10 years older than you, but this is worth a shot!
Jolin
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:09 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Thanks for the reply, Jolin. I got a sample on ebay and will try it out. I am 10 years older than you, but this is worth a shot!

Do keep me updated on the result.
KrazyKat
5% products discount

Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
I prefer more natural type products but,I would have to say Valmont Eye Regerating Mask w Collagen for me was THE BEST. It takes a few times to see results (for me 3x) but then I noticed how thick the skin under my eyes was getting!
Im not sure about lines though, dont have issues with that. I use this 2-5x per week now, and my undereye area keep getting plumpler and younger looking.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |