Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Back Hair
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2007 8:21 am      Reply with quote
First of all, I am NOT the one with the problem. Laughing
My DH has this issue with back hair, and lots of it, and it drives him crazy. He is quite upset at the fact that he is growing hair everywhere except where he wants it. Currently he is using Nair for Men, roll on hair remover and it works OK but the hair grows back really fast and appears thicker. He has tried shaving it off but it grows back all prickly, and I have tried waxing it off using my Nads but he won't let me try that again. Smile He is open to trying anything, so does anyone else's SO have this problem and what are they using?
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2007 8:28 am      Reply with quote
learn to love it! Guapaboy was initially dismayed to find his hair migrating from his head to his back, but I actually kind of like it. Also if he has been annoying, I can pull one out to bring him back into line Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2007 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Its actually great for the game 'ODD or EVEN'.

When DH disagrees with me, instead of using Rock Paper Scissors....I like a version called Odd or Even. It's easy way to resolve things and either way...well, I win.

To play, just pinch a bit of hairs...on arm, chest, or....back and ask , ODD OR EVEN? He picks odd then yank the pinched hairs out and count them. If they are odd, then he wins. If even, I win.

I always feel better regardless of outcome. Bad Grin

Bahahahaha! Been married for a loooooong time. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2007 9:41 am      Reply with quote
One of my fave exs was very hirsute. It was like being with a big bear Smile Try getting him to read Acordian Crimes. My friend totally changed her views on hairy men after reading the story about the acordian maker!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2007 11:40 am      Reply with quote
Most salons will wax it off.
You can just drop him off so you don't have to hear the screaming. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2007 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
Harmonster wrote:

PMSL! Laughing Laughing Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2007 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Harmonster wrote:

There's nothing like a nice bit of sympathy, is there? Shock Laughing
heathercolorado
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 12:03 am      Reply with quote
Laser hair removal.

Permanent and not that painful!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 12:49 am      Reply with quote
heathercolorado wrote:
Laser hair removal.

But not as much fun!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 7:12 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
heathercolorado wrote:
Laser hair removal.

But not as much fun!

You guys are awful. Laughing I was reading your posts to my hubby and he's like "maybe it wasn't such a good idea to post the question." I think the odd or even game really scared him. Laughing Seriously though, I've mentioned the laser removal to him before, but we've heard that it is expensive, you have to go a few times before it works, and even then it only lasts about 5 years. Is that true? I've told him many times it really doesn't bother me if he has hair on his back, but it really bothers him to the point that he won't take a shirt off in the summer unless I do his back first. And his skin is so sensitive, that he gets a rash from the Nair, but it's the only things that gets the hair off.
Harmonster
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
And his skin is so sensitive, that he gets a rash from the Nair, but it's the only things that gets the hair off.

That has nothing to do with his skin being sensitive, but that Nair is a devil-product.

Basically it hopes that it will burn your hair off before it burns your skin off.

I personally like the warning on Nair bottles: "Irritation or allergic reaction may occur with some people even after prior use without adverse effect."

Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 11:31 am      Reply with quote
isn't there an oil hair inhibitor diy recipe? So basicly after you nair, try the oil concoction and see if it stops it growing back! But I vote leave the hair for the odd even game Laughing
Harmonster
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 11:57 am      Reply with quote
You know I just suggested to my husband that we try the Odd/Even game with his chest hair and he looked at me like this:

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 11:51 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
heathercolorado wrote:
Laser hair removal.

But not as much fun!

Laughing I was dating a guy who had an enormous backful of hair. I used to get out the clippers and tease him that we could rent out advertising space on his back..."Your Ad Here" and take him to the beach!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
guapagirl wrote:
heathercolorado wrote:
Laser hair removal.

But not as much fun!

You guys are awful. Laughing I was reading your posts to my hubby and he's like "maybe it wasn't such a good idea to post the question." I think the odd or even game really scared him. Laughing Seriously though, I've mentioned the laser removal to him before, but we've heard that it is expensive, you have to go a few times before it works, and even then it only lasts about 5 years. Is that true? I've told him many times it really doesn't bother me if he has hair on his back, but it really bothers him to the point that he won't take a shirt off in the summer unless I do his back first. And his skin is so sensitive, that he gets a rash from the Nair, but it's the only things that gets the hair off.

I've been going to laser hair removal every month for the last six or seven. Can't speak highly enough about it! I have lovely bald armpits, no black shadow under the skin that looks dirty. My legs have a few little fine hairs, but I can get into a hot tub without giant coarse wire stubbles popping up to scrape against my hot tub partner!

Here's the lady I use, here in Colorado:

http://www.bellapellelaser.com/index.html

She's really affordable! She hates hair and loves to zap it Smile She says the big problem with most doctor's offices and salons is--they refuse to crank up the laser and really zap the hairs, because they WANT you to keep coming back forever (if you're paying per treatment)

My laser gal offers a price per body part deal e.g. she'd charge your husband $500 for his back and zap it til it's hair-free, any touch-ups next year are included!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Does she do lady garden areas as well? It may be worth a trip across the pond to Colorado! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
Does she do lady garden areas as well? It may be worth a trip across the pond to Colorado! Laughing

LOL I just love that phrase of yours!!!

So much nicer than "hoo-ha," my former name for it. Smile

Yes, she is excellent at manicuring the garden. She tends the entire garden, the front, back, and outlying garden areas.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
rofl omg thanks for my smile....got to love full service!!!! Carpets, drapes and the works!!!
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
heathercolorado wrote:
guapagirl wrote:

LOL I just love that phrase of yours!!!

So much nicer than "hoo-ha," my former name for it. Smile

Yes, she is excellent at manicuring the garden. She tends the entire garden, the front, back, and outlying garden areas.

So no thorny brambles in yer patch then Wink

Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |