Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
:: Review :: Blinc Kiss Me Mascara - TOTAL RAVE!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Geminiwoman
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 8:23 am      Reply with quote
I'd been reading about this on EDS...and thought it sounded very interesting. Just picked up a tube from Sephora (they only had black)...and used it a couple days before posting.

It's amazing!!! I put on two coats...and my eyelashes looked full, long and fabulous!!! It came off as easily as they said (which I was a bit sceptical of...being my cynical self). My 19 year-old niece was visiting and watched me take it off...when I looked down at the cotton pad I used to gently pull off the "tubes", I FREAKED!!! I didn't want to look up, and screamed "Did I just pull off my eyelashes!!!!!" Shock Shock Shock
She just started laughing...and said, "No, they are still there you big silly!"

Thank you so much for EDS providing this forum...where I can hear from real people who experiment w/stuff like I do. I never would have found this, and if I'd heard about it in a magazine, would have thought it was just B.S. It was YOU LADIES who convinced me it wasn't just another scam...and gave me the courage to try it. Now, I've actually read the directions (ran home, washed my face, and put it on immediately!!! Didn't bother with that important step) and I now know that I can just use lots of warm water and they'll come right off...no pulling needed! Thanks again and Big Hugs to you all!!!

The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Blinc Tubing Mascara (5 ml)
Blinc Tubing Mascara (5 ml)

Formerly known as Kiss Me, blinc is the original mascara invented to form tiny water-resistant "tubes" around your lashes rather than painting them like conventional mascaras. Once applied, these beauty tubes bind to your lashes and cannot run, smudge, clump, or flake, even if you cry or rub your eyes. Whether your daily activities take you from the office, to your sweaty workout and then out to dinner, your lashes will look as good in the evening as they did when you first applied blinc in the morning.

nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 10:46 am      Reply with quote
This is my HG mascara! I have oily eyelids (although my face is dry), and ALL mascaras, even waterproof, give me racoon eyes...except this one!! I want to get it in every color!!! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 11:02 am      Reply with quote
I am not a big fan of this mascara--sure it comes off easily, doesn't flake and smear--but it doesn't give my eyes the umpff that they need. Now Kanebo, that's another story..but I don't want to hijack the thread.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
I love Lancome Definicils, BUT hearing about this mascara always intrigues me. However, I sometimes rub my eyes when I get home from work and I'm tired (I KNOW I shouldn't do that!), but would that make the mascara "fall off"? How secure is it on your lashes? Although, I guess with regular mascara, rubbing my eyes causes it to flake off, so maybe there's not much difference. Smile I think maybe I'll give this one a try next order, just to test it out and see how it compares to Definicils.
lifeisbeautiful
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Another vote for BLINC !! All other mascaras / liners smudge on me but not this one. I'm satisfied with the volume it gives since I like natural looks (it gives length instead of volume which is fine with me). It does come off easily with water and a little pressure. I don't think it can be rubbed off so easily.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
Blinc Kiss Me is one of my favorite mascaras as well. I too have oily lids, and all other mascaras - waterproof or otherwise - give me raccoon eyes, especially if I start to sweat.

I recently purchased another "tube" style mascara - Mirenesse Secret Weapon Mascara. So far, I'm not impressed. I have a lot harder time putting it on without clumps, and then it doesn't seem to stay on as well as Kiss Me. I can swim in Kiss Me and as long as I don't rub my eyes, I have no problems. I went swimming today with the Mirenesse and ended up having to go into the bathroom to take it all off ("spider legs" all over your face are even worse than raccoon eyes! Shock ). I bought it because various reviews said it was more thickening than Kiss Me, but I'm not loving it.

I had the Kiss Me mascara on one day when I agreed to let a Mary Kay rep do a "color" visit with me. She kept insisting that the Mary Kay eye makeup remover would remove any type of mascara. I just said "I don't know about that..." Of course, the Kiss Me mascara didn't budge - didn't even leave a smudge on the cotton. She now calls it my "magic" mascara Smile

I've never tried the Kanebo "tube" mascara - will have to try that next...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
lifeisbeautiful wrote:
Another vote for BLINC !! All other mascaras / liners smudge on me but not this one. I'm satisfied with the volume it gives since I like natural looks (it gives length instead of volume which is fine with me). It does come off easily with water and a little pressure. I don't think it can be rubbed off so easily.

Excellent! I'm definitely going to order this with my order tonight. I like more a slightly more natural look as well, so I think this might be worth a try.
michelec
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
This mascara gives me about 4 lashes on each side. It's not that there's an actual clump. It's just that they are so grouped together.

I finally gave up on it even though I wanted so badly to like it. It would have been great for me because I have raccoon issues.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
This pulled out my eyelashes...At first I kept telling myself that it wasn't my eyelashes, as many have reported it just "seems" like your pulling them out. Well, my sparse lashes after two weeks told me otherwise.

I need volume too...this will give you good length, but not the greatest volume.

Just make sure you soak REALLY REALLY WELL and pull gently to remove it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
I tried this too - I liked it because it was super easy to "pull off" my lashes. HOWEVER, it didn't have the volume that I liked. I ended up giving this up to my 14 year old sister who is just starting her foray into makeup! I figured this was nice and natural for her.
Geminiwoman
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
I'm lucky...have pretty good lashes (as a result of a stove blowing up in my face when I was 8...am blonde, and they grew in longer, darker and thicker...but I don't recommend this method!!! Laughing )

I use 2 coats...and don't have any problems w/clumping at all. If I do see a clump...will grab my lash comb right away...don't want to add coats or mess w/them after 2 mins. according to the instructions). It definitely darkens and defines my lashes nicely. I did rub my eyes...and didn't see anything. I was sooooo tired last night, I just fell asleep reading and didn't wash my face. (I know...bad, bad girl!) My mascara was still there...not messed up or anything...but my eyes felt kind of scratchy. So, don't want to do this again.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 29, 2007 6:01 am      Reply with quote
I forgot to add...if you are caught in the rain or go to a sappy movie or something, it'll migrate really easily.
You'll look like you have little spider legs on your face. Laughing Freaked my friend out last summer during monsoon season!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 29, 2007 7:14 am      Reply with quote
I've just recently finished my first tube of this mascara and am really missing not using it! Not so much for the fact that my lashes look amazing with it on, because compared to other mascaras it doesn't. More because I love being able to completely remove it at the end of the day and not having any black residue under my eyes when I wake in the morning.
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 29, 2007 7:20 am      Reply with quote
I have the blue in this. I have never had any problems with my lashes falling out. I even forgot to remove them 'properly' a few nights, and it came off completely on its own with normal face wash or shower.
I have had the 'four eyelash' problem when I try to build up my lashes, but if you quickly comb it out it's fine.
I do hate the fact that it doesn't hold a curl at all. I keep meaning to try some primers (blinc has one, but I hear shiseido has a good one that holds curls)
I purchased the too faced lash extreme, and I think it is a much better investment for building lashes quicker. I just wish it had a navy color.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
Sel wrote:
I've just recently finished my first tube of this mascara and am really missing not using it! Not so much for the fact that my lashes look amazing with it on, because compared to other mascaras it doesn't. More because I love being able to completely remove it at the end of the day and not having any black residue under my eyes when I wake in the morning.

Yes! This is my favorite thing about this mascara. It stays put when it should, and washes off easily when you want it to. With others, I scrub and scrub to get them off, and I STILL have residue in the morning. I can't help thinking that all that scrubbing is causing more wrinkles, LOL!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I received this in my last order. I'm definitely sure it won't replace my beloved Lancome Definicils, but it's not bad. I knew it would have a more natural look (from others comments), but it was nearly too natural and didn't build up enough for me (my lashes are shorter) and even applying a few coats didn't "pump up the volume!". And taking it off, I found I really had to soak my lashes with my remover for a while to get it come off comfortably. I think I like the way my Defincils comes off better.

So ... I think this mascara may become my weekend mascara until I use it up, when I don't mind a much more natural look and I'll keep my Definicils for my weekday makeup. I'm glad I tried it though and it IS pretty neat how it comes off!
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:15 am      Reply with quote
[quote="Moonstarr"]And taking it off, I found I really had to soak my lashes with my remover for a while to get it come off comfortably. I think I like the way my Defincils comes off better. quote]

I think this mascara is best removed with just plain old water. I find I don't need to soak my lashes ... and as someone mentioned, the downside of this is that getting caught in a heavy rain can cause those little tubes to release, too!

Still, this is the only mascara I use, as it's the only one that doesn't end up smearing under my eyes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:21 am      Reply with quote
cathy_jean wrote:
I think this mascara is best removed with just plain old water. I find I don't need to soak my lashes ... and as someone mentioned, the downside of this is that getting caught in a heavy rain can cause those little tubes to release, too!

Still, this is the only mascara I use, as it's the only one that doesn't end up smearing under my eyes.

You're totally right. I had been trying to take it off with my regular eye makeup remover, then yesterday I tried it again and later took it off with a wet washcloth and it worked MUCH better! And really, even the look I got with it yesterday I liked more than my previous attempt. I was actually thinking of coming back here to post another update saying I think I like it better than I had the first time I tried it. Smile It still doesn't beat Lancome Definicils for me, but I now might possibly consider repurchasing it down the road again.
laurieanne

Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:45 am      Reply with quote
I used to love this, til I found another mascara, and cheaper, that did the same thing, minus the cool tubes, but lifted my lashes instead of making them angle down more like the kiss. Just darkening/lengthening, no volume, sweet and natural. But it got discontinued right after I found it. It was a sephora piiiink my babiii mascara. They didn't have any normal colors, and the bright ones were cool, but the one that was supposed to be purple actually looked totally black except on my washcloth, it looked plum. But it was the best ever, and very similar to the kiss me, but better.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |