Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sothys Pore Refiner System Matifying Refiner Solution (30 ml / 1 oz) BDB The Jet Setter (3 items) Bremenn Clinical Upper Eyelid Lifter (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Crest Whitestrips
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 2:29 am      Reply with quote
The result lasted for over a year.
Now, it is the second time I used it. I like it!!
Maria1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 4:52 am      Reply with quote
I like them too. I saw an ad for new Crest strips that only take 5 minutes and I think they are only once a day.
Cuddlebug

Thu May 31, 2007 6:25 am      Reply with quote
I tried these and they caused EXTREME tooth sensitivity (as bad as the gel and trays I got at the dentist). The only whitener that has worked for me with out causing sensitivity is GoSmile.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Please note that I drink approx. 6 coffee a day or more.... However, my teeth are white and in good health.

For those of you who does not want to spend a dime....For teeth whitening, I only use baking soda mix with toothpaste. Gets the best results.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 10:38 am      Reply with quote
iv got the white strips on right this minute Very Happy

i only started last night and i was such a wimp Embarassed cos after 10minutes, two of my upper teeth had this pain and i had to take it out immediately. but i dont know why, but right now, it doesnt feel that bad

i dont really know how white they can whiten your teeth so im planning on only using it once a day

i do have a question though, actually i have two!
1) Does it make your mouth and tongue taste funny? cos i find that it does Embarassed
2) It says on the instructions leaflet that its best not to brush your teeth straight after using it...so when u take the strips off, what do you do? rinse ur mouth?
nikkilici0us
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:

i only started last night and i was such a wimp Embarassed cos after 10minutes, two of my upper teeth had this pain and i had to take it out immediately. but i dont know why, but right now, it doesnt feel that bad

i dont really know how white they can whiten your teeth so im planning on only using it once a day

1) Does it make your mouth and tongue taste funny? cos i find that it does Embarassed
2) It says on the instructions leaflet that its best not to brush your teeth straight after using it...so when u take the strips off, what do you do? rinse ur mouth?

I'm prett sure you can brush the gel off with just water, and rinsing def. helps:) I think they mean no toothpaste

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:

I had a bit uncomfortable feeling when using it. But I am satisfied with the result.

After using it, you could rinse your mouth.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
chorally wrote:
yeahyeah wrote:

I had a bit uncomfortable feeling when using it. But I am satisfied with the result.

how many shades do u think the strips has whitened ur teeth?
even tho its kinda whitening mine, its not as white as i want them to be...although i do use it just once a day, but im moving onto using twice a day now

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Just avoid coffee because coffee stains your teeth or let me say "minimize your coffee drinking" .... Smile Smile Smile then you won't need crest whitestrips Smile Smile Smile

chorally wrote:
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
chorally wrote:
yeahyeah wrote:

how many shades do u think the strips has whitened ur teeth?
even tho its kinda whitening mine, its not as white as i want them to be...although i do use it just once a day, but im moving onto using twice a day now

I used it twice a day.
It is difficult to tell how many shades...
My situation is that I had to take quite a lot of medicine when I was a kid. People said that the medicine might yellowish the teeth.

After using these stripes, I got obvious result. Yet the inner teeth are still yellow. Razz
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
jade-1234 wrote:
Just avoid coffee because coffee stains your teeth or let me say "minimize your coffee drinking" .... Smile Smile Smile then you won't need crest whitestrips Smile Smile Smile

chorally wrote:

Thanks, Jade! But unfortunately, I love coffee and tea! Razz
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:43 am      Reply with quote
Hello. I do love coffee and tea too (mind you, I drink these too much!)!!!

But use my formula, you won't need crest white strips! Smile

chorally wrote:
jade-1234 wrote:

chorally wrote:

Thanks, Jade! But unfortunately, I love coffee and tea! Razz
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
I used the whitestrips a while ago now and was definitely surprised by how effective they were. I was worried as I had heard many people find that it makes their teeth sensitive and that they can be painful afterwards, but I had no problem with this at all.
dsq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
i always wanted to try the crest white strips, but i didn't like the idea of having to put them on twice a day for 30minutes each time so the new strips which are only 5 minute applications intrigue me. However, my teeth are already quite white as i minimize my coffee and smoking to every blue moon. Plus I have been using colgate's total whitening toothpaste for at least 2-3 years which i've found to be quite effective in keeping my pearlies white.
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
It whitened my teeth but they got sooo sensitive. I couldn't finish the box. I stopped halfway through.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
I had improvement with these, to help stop any sensitivity, I also used sensodyne toothpaste at the same time. It worked, I had whiter teeth and no sensitivity. Not sure on how many shades, just noticeably whiter.
hopeful
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
i work for a dentist so i thought i might be able to help all of you with the sensativty, you can use a flouride rinse , for a couple of weeks prior to whitening and that will help with the sensetivty. hth

5% products discount

Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:22 am      Reply with quote
jade-1234 wrote:
Please note that I drink approx. 6 coffee a day or more.... However, my teeth are white and in good health.

For those of you who does not want to spend a dime....For teeth whitening, I only use baking soda mix with toothpaste. Gets the best results.

I was just wondering how you mix the baking soda with the toothpaste? And maybe which toothpaste you'd recommend? Thanks! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
i have finished the pack a few days ago and the results are great.
my teeth arent really that white, but they are glistening Very Happy
and after the initial uncomfortable feeling of the strips on my teeth, after the third day, i didnt feel a thing
will considering buying another pack to whiten my teeth a few more shades...but im worrying whether all this really is ok to do without seeing the dentist first Confused

5% products discount

Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
im just curious, and not the brightest apparently, how do you mix baking soda with toothpaste? do you just squirt some out and then put baking soda on it? :S

Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Viz-1000 Intensive Hydrating Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Repair & Protect Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 (50 ml / 1.7 floz) BDB The Jet Setter (3 items)