Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

review: Avene EMULSION spf 50/20
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
preenie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 6:43 am      Reply with quote
Trying to find an SS that doesn't block pores, turn you white, make you greasy, is compatible with MMU, the list goes on...can be difficult.
Seeing as I'm in Europe and supposedly we have some of the best SS I decided to go with Avene. I ordered from the websitewww.leguidesante.co.uk which is in France.
In England we'd pay approx £18 for one tube, on the above website I got two for £19!! Very Happy
I ordered the spf50 and 20 in the Emulsion form, supposedly this is lighter than the cream. One of my main worries with SS is the thick texture and it leaving a white cast. I'm dark (j-loesque), so a white cast can be very obvious.
I used the spf 20 yesterday, before leaving work (I was eager to try it!) The texture is very light and feels smooth to apply. I didn't have any moisturiser on. It felt as though I was applying a moisturiser, not a SS. I've been using clinique spf30 for ages, the Avene felt MUCH nicer. Afterwards I applied a little MMU (I didn't need to, just to cover imperfections). The MMU went on smoothly. Sometimes the SS takes a while to soak in, or I need to dab with tissue paper, otherwise my kabuki brush feels as though its sticking to the SS and dragging across my face. I didn't have any of these problems with the Avene.
This morning there was no sun, but I thought I'd try the spf 50 anyway. I was slightly dreading it, as I was not looking forward to the prospect of having a tacky face all day.
Firstly I was surprised by the consistency. Just like the spf 20, it was really light and felt more like a moisturiser than an SS. This time I applied it over moisturiser, it still soaked in leaving an irredescent (sp?) sheen, nothing greasy. The only difference between the spf 20 and 50 is that as you apply the 50 there is a slight white cast for a few seconds, but this disappears as you blend. Afterwards i applied my MMU, that went on nicely and hasn't looked so good in ages.
Both products a have a slight perfumey scent, but I couldn't notice this once it had absorbed.
8 hours later and my skin looks how it did this morning! For me that is fab!
I'm on holiday in two weeks, so I'll be able to give it a thorough test then, but for now I'm very happy.
I should add that I have combination skin, a bit dry at mo though, very congested and and very sensitive to pore clogging/oily products.
HTH
Preenie

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Preenie!

Just wanted to add my own experience, for your information--I am NOT prone to clogged pores, but Avene Emulsion certainly clogged mine terribly after 2 weeks of continual day wear. I'm assuming I wasn't removing it well enough, so now my cleansing ritual is a bit more a elaborate and that seems to be working. I am also using the "Cleanance" version of the same Emulsion, which is supposed to be much better for break-out prone skins (which I do not have, but it is less comedogenic in my opinion).

I agree that it does not leave a whitish cast, and it is VERY tenacious and lasts a long, long time, even through sweat. You can certainly feel it on your skin, though, even after 6-8 hours of wear. I'm glad you like it; it is one of the best ss out there at the moment.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:51 am      Reply with quote
I have samples of both the 20 and 50 emulsions. Ive only tried the 20 one so far and really like it. I will purchase full size. Ive been reluctant to use the 50+ thinking it would be greasy but after reading your review i will try it soon.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:21 am      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
Hi Preenie!

Just wanted to add my own experience, for your information--I am NOT prone to clogged pores, but Avene Emulsion certainly clogged mine terribly after 2 weeks of continual day wear. I'm assuming I wasn't removing it well enough, so now my cleansing ritual is a bit more a elaborate and that seems to be working. I am also using the "Cleanance" version of the same Emulsion, which is supposed to be much better for break-out prone skins (which I do not have, but it is less comedogenic in my opinion).

I agree that it does not leave a whitish cast, and it is VERY tenacious and lasts a long, long time, even through sweat. You can certainly feel it on your skin, though, even after 6-8 hours of wear. I'm glad you like it; it is one of the best ss out there at the moment.

--avalange

Hi Avavlange
It was actually after reading some of your posts on Avene that I decided to try it! I wanted to try the cleanance, but couldn't seem to find it, so I went for the normal version. Fingers crossed it won't clog my pores! I've started OCM so I'm hoping that will help keep things under control.
Smile
p

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
Great findings!!! i was gonna order it yesterday... Smile
lovelyjane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:19 am      Reply with quote
Avene sunblocks are good for sensitive skin but always make me shine and turn white.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:45 am      Reply with quote
Id try their newly reformulated one's then lovelyjaneas i dont find them shiny or white at all.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:52 am      Reply with quote
I use the 50 everyday in place of a moisturizer and I' thrilled with it. I am using aha's so i need a high spf and this is the ticket. I use a little mmu over top and i'm out the door. I am really pale so the white cast almost works as a primer for me.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:36 am      Reply with quote
This sounds very promising, but it's difficult to find in the USA. I googled Avene to find the list of ingredients but there are so many products with a similar name I don't know if I found the right one Confused

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Athena -
You can get the Avene Emulsion at skincarecentral based in New Mexico, and their shipping is very fast! I ordered a sample of the SPF 50, and liked it so much that I plan to order a full-size. The Bioderma AKN spray is also a favorite of mine, but I love the Avene because you can apply MMU over it without degrading. I have sensitive skin, prone to clogged pores (I can't use most commercial moisturizers), but I have had no probs with Avene Emulsion.

http://www.skincarecentral.biz/skincare-sun.html

HTH!

Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |