Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
:: Review :: My rave...Obagi (w/Pics)!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:28 am      Reply with quote
As many of you know, I have been on the Obagi system for a while now. I just completed the 18 week regimen that the manufacturer and derms recommend as an intense treatment. My derm and I both agree that this line should only be used for this treatment purpose and not as part of one's every day routine so I will not be continuing with the products except for maybe 1-2 treatments per year as needed.

I went on this system primarily for hyper-pigmentation issues as I've done a lot of tanning in my younger days and as a result have LOTS of damage to undo. Fortunately, Obagi has exceeded my expectations in this area as you will see from my pics.

Before I post the before/after pics, I want to explain a few things about them first. I did slightly enhance each pic using the "slightly sharpen" feature. This was only to help you see the detail on the sunspots/freckles. However, I enhanced the after pics in the exact same manner so that they would be true comparisons. The lighting is also the same but it does intensify brown pigment more than normal lighting which is why I used it on both.

The other point I want to mention is that in a couple of the after pics, some of my deeper lines look deeper than the befores. However believe me when I say this is not the case but a problem of having my neck turned and my mouth slightly cocked which I was completely unaware of. I will say that Obagi didn't appear to do anything for these deeper creases but did greatly minimize fine lines around my eye area. However, these were so fine they didn't show up in either set of pics so I excluded this area altogether.

So, without further ado....here are my hideous befores and much more lovely afters! (I'm still in shock at how bad my skin was before...even my bf is shocked as he never noticed the pigmentation issues before)

Before:
After:

Before:
After:

Before:
After:
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:33 am      Reply with quote
TAMgirl, wow, what great results! Such smoother texture and color in the after pics. You are certainly lovely with beautiful skin -- both before & after in my opinion -- and great Scarlett Johanssen type lips. Thanks for posting! Congratulations.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:37 am      Reply with quote
wow, that is really amazing. Congratulation!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:09 am      Reply with quote
That is totally amazing! I found that using Vivier Vit. C did the exact thing for me.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:15 am      Reply with quote
WOW! I'm truly amazed. I showed my bf the pictures and he was totally impressed as well. Smile I do have some problems with hyperpigmentation due to sunbathing when I was younger and smoking. Now I'm totally interested in this line. Can you tell us what skintype you have? Did the products irritate your skin at all and which products did you use? TIA! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Wow that is amazing,
Tamgirl, did you use retin-A along with the system? Did you peel a ton?
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Wow. Great results. Which of the products did your Derm have you use?
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:45 am      Reply with quote
I followed the Obagi Nu-derm protocol exactly, but made modifications depending on how my skin was reacting. If it would get to red/sore then I'd back off for a day or two until I was comfortable to move forward again.

Here was my exact routine. All are Obagi products with the exception of the retin-a:

AM:
Cleanser
Toner
Clear
Exfoderm (alt days depending on sensitivity)

PM:
Cleanser
Toner
Clear
Blender/Retin-a (.05)

Also, my skin is normal to dry. HTH!
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:51 am      Reply with quote
And thank you all for the compliments! I'm very happy I used this.

BTW Skincare - I've used many vit C products throughout the last few years and they didn't even come close to giving me the results that this has.
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:00 am      Reply with quote
TAM girl - Do you break out at all.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:03 am      Reply with quote
amylola wrote:
TAM girl - Do you break out at all.

Very rarely. I've never had a problem with breakouts and at most would get like 1 pimple a month. Now they are even further between and I think this is primarily due to the addition of the retin-a. I still plan to keep retin-a in my routine, but only twice a week. The rest of the Obagi treatment products are already under my sink as I don't plan to continue with them regularly. My derm recommends a good AHA for maintenance so I've already added my beloved AlphaHydrox souffle and am now using that every night. Super GHK serum has now been added in the a.m. as well.
Racecargirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:05 am      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99, your results are fantastic. Very Happy I also have a lot of pigmentation due to overtanning in my youth. I'm going to have to get some of this product. Now, i have very dry skin with small pores. Is this hydrating enough? It seems that I'm always layering moisturizers. Thanks for the review.

Early 50s, blonde hair (natural) with red streaks (mid-life crisis), blue eyes, fair skin, small pores, very dry skin, some pigmentation (thanks to growing up in Miami), starting to see fine lines. Love my NuFace and Quasar SP and the CPs and Retin A are working as well.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Racecargirl wrote:
TAMgirl99, your results are fantastic. Very Happy I also have a lot of pigmentation due to overtanning in my youth. I'm going to have to get some of this product. Now, i have very dry skin with small pores. Is this hydrating enough? It seems that I'm always layering moisturizers. Thanks for the review.

The hydrating question is a tricky one. When you start using this system, your skin gets dry quickly from the retin-a and mild acids in the products. However, the protocol says to not use a moisturizer as your skin will slowly adjust to these products and not need one. However, on major peely days I definitely used a separate moisturizer. Other days I didn't need one. Again it's really a system that I think each one has to adapt to their skin's own needs. It is recommended to only use this system through a derm, but I felt comfortable enough to do it on my own as I've used many other intense products in the past (i.e. glycolic and TCA peels, retin-a micro).
Racecargirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi. Thanks for the reply. I'm actually going to my derm today to have a mole removed, so I'll ask her about the product line and if she has heard of it. I also think it's time for some Retin-A so I'm going to hit her up for that as well.

Early 50s, blonde hair (natural) with red streaks (mid-life crisis), blue eyes, fair skin, small pores, very dry skin, some pigmentation (thanks to growing up in Miami), starting to see fine lines. Love my NuFace and Quasar SP and the CPs and Retin A are working as well.
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:35 am      Reply with quote
I feel like every time I attempt to use retinA products, I break out in big cyst like pimples. I still try to use it though, but now just under my eyes.
Its frustrating b/c I want the benefits of the retinA but not the pimples.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:40 am      Reply with quote
amylola wrote:
I feel like every time I attempt to use retinA products, I break out in big cyst like pimples. I still try to use it though, but now just under my eyes.
Its frustrating b/c I want the benefits of the retinA but not the pimples.

What does your Doctor say about that? Have you tried any of the others such as Tazorac?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:26 am      Reply with quote
Tamgirl - beautiful results! Very Happy
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:30 am      Reply with quote
I have never asked about TAzorac, is that good for people with breakouts from retin-A - I will have to look into it. My dr. had put me on differin, but I didn't like it, I felt like it gave me clogged pores, if that is possible.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:56 am      Reply with quote
amylola wrote:
I have never asked about TAzorac, is that good for people with breakouts from retin-A - I will have to look into it. My dr. had put me on differin, but I didn't like it, I felt like it gave me clogged pores, if that is possible.

I'm not sure, but it might be worth asking about.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:09 am      Reply with quote
Tamgirl99, these are GREAT RESULTS! Congratulations! It seems Obagi does work. I love being able to see pictures of before and after. Great job!
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Tam, that's amazing! Shock
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:52 am      Reply with quote
Tamgirl, may I ask what are all the Obagi products that complete the system you have used? Also, if you don't mind, how much does it all cost? Thank you.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Shock OMG WOOOOOW!!!

thats so amazing.
congratulations Tamgirl

ever since i came on eds, i was interested in the obagi line but was scared of the hydroquinone (sp?)...do u think that u wouldv got the great results if u hadnt been using the whole kit? e.g. if u had only used the cleanser or the lotion, would it be as effective?
thirtyish
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! TAMgirl, your results are spectacular. So far, I haven't been willing to suffer the Obagi consequences, so I started out with just Clear, and now I am using Blender (but mixed with Avage, not retin-a). I only use it a couple nights a week, because I think the smell of Blender is so horrid, that it truly almost makes me sick every time I use it. Your results make me want to start a more strict regimen. I still have some clear left that I could use in the morning. I don't think I've really seen any results, but I am so lax about the routine...and I moisturize! Your results make me want to really want to go for it, but I also think I am probably due for a break from HQ. Confused
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! That is significant! The pics don't lie!

You are gorgeous, beautiful....and I want your brows....badly!

I am shocked by the noticeable beautification process that took place. Impressive. Thank you for sharing.

I'm walking away now, completely dazed......
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |