Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
:: Review :: My rave...Obagi (w/Pics)!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Can you use tazorac gel .1 instead of retin a .05? I ask b/c I've got the taz on hand, but I'm not sure if 1)the gel constistency wouldn't work w/the blender or 2) it may be too strong? TIA

combo/acne prone skin/naturally tan-nc 42: HG so far: Pure Minerals Mineral Melt cleanser for OCM, JM bioglycolic cleanser, JM bioclear, EII, Sofina Nuance Up, SK-II airtouch fdn, Vincent Longo lip stain in Baby Boo & My Sunshine, Kevyn Aucoin Apricot Tansoleil blush
beeb
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
From what I've heard you CAN use Tazorac in place of Retin-A.
beeb
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
I find that Obagi gives skin a really special glow--everyone I know who uses it has a lovely "peachy" glow.
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:49 am      Reply with quote
hi TAMgirl,
could u tell me whats happen for the first few weeks? I am using obagi for 4th day now, my skin look so dark, and my face feel very hot, will my skin getting darker each day? If I give up now will my skin change back to normal color? Crying or Very sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
beeb wrote:
From what I've heard you CAN use Tazorac in place of Retin-A.

Thanks beeb. I read that you can use .1 if your skin can tolerate it, but I wasn't sure if the gel consistency made any difference.

combo/acne prone skin/naturally tan-nc 42: HG so far: Pure Minerals Mineral Melt cleanser for OCM, JM bioglycolic cleanser, JM bioclear, EII, Sofina Nuance Up, SK-II airtouch fdn, Vincent Longo lip stain in Baby Boo & My Sunshine, Kevyn Aucoin Apricot Tansoleil blush
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
Here is my maintenance plan:

AM: cleanse/tone
Super GHK (copper)
Moisturizer of sorts, nothing very active

PM: cleanse/tone
Alpha Hydrox 12% AHA souffle

Two nights per week I will use retin-a (.05%) and follow with more GHK.

HTH! Very Happy

Hi TAMgirl. I was just wondering how you find the strength of the alpha hydrox souffle as compared to Obagi's exfoderm? I'm trying to decide whether to stay w/JM bioglycolic cream (which I love, but alpha hydrox is SO much cheaper-only $7.50 @ walgreens) or try out the Obagi exfoderm, or Alpha Hydrox souffle.

Does anyone know which is strongest?

TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry leidon but I don't know the strength in any of these except AlphaHydrox which is 12%. AH is definitely stronger than Exfoderm though based on how my skin reacts. I've never tried the JM glycolic cream so I can't help with that one.
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone who is using Obagi have their face flush/go red afternoon to evening time? (This is after doing the normal thing in the morning and then not doing anything else all day and then having flushing late in the day.)
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
Sorry leidon but I don't know the strength in any of these except AlphaHydrox which is 12%. AH is definitely stronger than Exfoderm though based on how my skin reacts. I've never tried the JM glycolic cream so I can't help with that one.

Hiya TamGirl99. I tried the Alpha Hydrox last night & it didn't sting nearly as much as JM's bioglycolic. So maybe the order from strongest goes: 1)JMs bioglycolic 2)Alpha Hydrox 3)Exfoderm?

I am trying to incorporate Obagi w/JM. I've had fantastic results w/JM in clearing my acne (WhooHoo!), but I still have issues with hyperpigmentation that I'm trying to clear up. I'd like to just incorporate Obagi clear & blender since these seem to be the items containing the HQ. But, I dont' know if the exfoderm is essential to achieving results like yours. Plus with the Alpha Hydrox being SO much cheaper, yet effective I was wondering if I could substitute this as the exfoliant (kind of afraid to stray from JM bioglycolic though since it has been working for me)??

TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Leidon - I would think you could use AH instead of Exfoderm. The only problem I see with it is that AH is much stronger so you may not be able to use it as often. AH stings my face now so I can't imagine using JM!

Also, I don't think the Exfoderm is essential in getting results like mine. I hardly used it because I peeled enough on my own. The main goal of Exfoderm is to help lift the dead skin off from the retin-a. HTH!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:21 am      Reply with quote
Tamgirl - are you using the GHK and how is it going?
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:14 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Tamgirl - are you using the GHK and how is it going?

Hi rileygirl! I am using the GHK at least once and sometimes twice a day for about a month now. It's so hard to know what to contribute changes to as I use other things and have recently invested in the large dermaroller but my initial thoughts are that this has really helped to reduce some of my lines. The ones I've noticed the most improvement on are on my neck (2 tree rings). I think with copper you need to be using it at least 6 months to truly see changes, but so far I do really like it and will continue to purchase for now. HTH!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:48 am      Reply with quote
Yes, helps a great deal Tamgirl. Thanks for sharing. I definitely want that product after I am done with the Obagi! Great to hear about reduction of lines (whereever they are!!) Very Happy
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
Leidon - I would think you could use AH instead of Exfoderm. The only problem I see with it is that AH is much stronger so you may not be able to use it as often. AH stings my face now so I can't imagine using JM!

Also, I don't think the Exfoderm is essential in getting results like mine. I hardly used it because I peeled enough on my own. The main goal of Exfoderm is to help lift the dead skin off from the retin-a. HTH!

Thanks TamGirl. I'm using the AH now w/tazorac .1 & I'm not getting much peeling. I am dry around my nostrils though. How long before you noticed peeling? I wonder if this is as bad as it's gonna get for me?

Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
WOW!!! You look so great TAMgirl99.
Thank you for sharing.
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:28 am      Reply with quote
I just got back to this thread - ginnielizz - I have no problems with using the retin-A under my eyes, it actually has helped tons with fine lines. I started out months ago with green cream, and they got real crepey and ugly for a couple of weeks, but since then everything looks fine. I have heard it is OK to use it there as long as you can tolerate it.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:18 am      Reply with quote
leidon wrote:
TAMgirl99 wrote:

Thanks TamGirl. I'm using the AH now w/tazorac .1 & I'm not getting much peeling. I am dry around my nostrils though. How long before you noticed peeling? I wonder if this is as bad as it's gonna get for me?

Everyone is different and some do not peel at all. I can't imagine that as I only used the .05% and peeled a LOT! Just take it a day at a time and if you do start to peel and your skin gets irritated/red, then you can back off a bit. You really just have to learn how your skin reacts and take it from there. Good luck!
hfei

Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:38 am      Reply with quote
Congratulation!!that is totally amazing.I'm on retin-A now,hopefully i can have the same result
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:55 am      Reply with quote
can I have my facial trt when I am using obagi products? (I am in week 5) Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,
How long does ur obagi nu derm clear last?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:48 am      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99, I signed up here mainly becos of your obagi experience and I really want to start on this skincare routine.

I am currently on retin 0.1% right now and I am wanting to add the blender to my routine. I use the mama lotion in AM right now. Not sure if I should just plunge in and get the whole obagi nu-derm kit. I tried calling my local docs that obagi website had listed and most of them no longer carry obagi products and I might have to get them from here.

Are you still on obagi as a maintainance thingy?
Thanks!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:32 am      Reply with quote
yaling, I have read you should be going through the clear every 6 weeks. I am 1/2 way through week 8 and I have not gone through 1 bottle yet, but I am nearing the end, maybe 1-2 more weeks left of use.

mrspiggy - not tamgirl, but it is just my 2 cents worth that you won't get as dramatic results if you are not using all the obagi products, meaning steps 1-5 plus the Retin A. You can substitute for a better sunscreen, most people do that. HTH.
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:13 am      Reply with quote
What sunscreen are you all using with the Obagi program?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:27 am      Reply with quote
I alternate between the Avene and the Bioderma. I tried the Anthelios but I did not care for that one. My favorite of the 2 is the Bioderma.
mrspiggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:09 am      Reply with quote
amylola wrote:
I just got back to this thread - ginnielizz - I have no problems with using the retin-A under my eyes, it actually has helped tons with fine lines. I started out months ago with green cream, and they got real crepey and ugly for a couple of weeks, but since then everything looks fine. I have heard it is OK to use it there as long as you can tolerate it.

Thanks for the tip, I am using retin a under my eyes right now.
Overall, I am not having much peeling - think my face is immuned already..

I have been reading that I should not moisturise my face? And just let it continue peeling?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |