Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Kate Somerville Quench Hydrating Serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Caspers Mum

Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
I tried a little sample, and fell in-love! I have combo. skin, and am prone to occasional break-outs. However, this lightweight hydrating serum has NOT caused any blemishes, plumps-up my skin, leaves it feeling silky-smooth, and a little goes a long way!

I've worn it under my Murad tinted sunblock, and have received numerous compliments about my skin Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
Isn't it like magic? When I first put some on my hand, I though no way could my oily acne prone skin use this. But when I put it on...it just disappeared into my skin...my skin was matte and glowy.

liz

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
abejita wrote:
I though no way could my oily acne prone skin use this. But when I put it on...it just disappeared into my skin...my skin was matte and glowy.

liz

so ud say this serum was suitable for oily acneic skin?
is there any other serums/lotions that u can compare this quench with?
cos id love to try out this serum too...along with kiaj and the goats milk cream
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
I'd ordered this and just received it today (along with a ton of other KS stuff), but when I'd asked the KS rep over email about using it on my tzone (which is prone to clogged pores) ... she wrote back this comment (she commented on some of the other stuff I'd ordered as well).

Quote:
Quench is a great product to help lock in extra moisture for your face. However, I would most definitely avoid any acne prone areas. If you tend to breakout in your t-zone, I would not use Quench here. You want to use our Total Vitamin in the morning before your moisturizer. This product has a high amount of Vitamin C, so if you have never used a product with Vitamin C, please try a test spot on the side of your cheek. Next, you want to follow with your Nourish Daily moisturizer and lastly, use your Quench. If you choose to use Quench in the evening, use it over the Deep Tissue Repair. By using it over your moisturizer, your face is able to get more hydration.

I'm going to use it on my cheek area for now where I might feel dry. I think this will be better in the winter than in the summer, although I say not having having used it yet. Tonight is my first night using these products ... I know I should introduce them gradually, but I can't wait! If I react, then I'll cut back and add them in one at a time.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:42 am      Reply with quote
Moonstarr wrote:
I'd ordered this and just received it today (along with a ton of other KS stuff), but when I'd asked the KS rep over email about using it on my tzone (which is prone to clogged pores) ... she wrote back this comment (she commented on some of the other stuff I'd ordered as well).

Quote:
Quench is a great product to help lock in extra moisture for your face. However, I would most definitely avoid any acne prone areas. If you tend to breakout in your t-zone, I would not use Quench here. You want to use our Total Vitamin in the morning before your moisturizer. This product has a high amount of Vitamin C, so if you have never used a product with Vitamin C, please try a test spot on the side of your cheek. Next, you want to follow with your Nourish Daily moisturizer and lastly, use your Quench. If you choose to use Quench in the evening, use it over the Deep Tissue Repair. By using it over your moisturizer, your face is able to get more hydration.

I'm going to use it on my cheek area for now where I might feel dry. I think this will be better in the winter than in the summer, although I say not having having used it yet. Tonight is my first night using these products ... I know I should introduce them gradually, but I can't wait! If I react, then I'll cut back and add them in one at a time.

Oh wow! I was advised the same also and me need it more during dry season. I think that I would use it on my neck.

I can't wait to get a sample of Quench to give it a try.
I am surprised to read that Vitamin product would be better. The thing is, I absolutely love Vivier Vitamin C and would hate to stop using it. I would really love to know what is the stability and the strength of KS Vitamin cream.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:08 am      Reply with quote
thanks very much moonstarr for sharing that info with us...that put me off from buying the Quench

but im still VERY interested in KS other things- kiaj and goats milk!
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:36 am      Reply with quote
The texture of the Quench is very nice.
Although at first it might feel greasy it definitely sinks right into the skin leaving a very matte finish.
I didn't find it as hydrating for my skin as I had hoped but I think for all you ladies with combo complexions this might be a great moisturizer!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:38 am      Reply with quote
mishie wrote:
The texture of the Quench is very nice.
Although at first it might feel greasy it definitely sinks right into the skin leaving a very matte finish.
I didn't find it as hydrating for my skin as I had hoped but I think for all you ladies with combo complexions this might be a great moisturizer!

Mishie, You how long have you used Quench? I can't help but wonder what is the long term affects on your skin. I want to try Quench now, but I was also advised it may not be for me. I may have to use it in the winter only but my skin on my neck is dry that I could just purchase Quench to be used on that area only.
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare I have been using Quench since the middle of March and KIAJ and Deep Tissue Repair since April, I didn't realize how long it had been!!

The Quench I use under my moisturizer and as I mentioned I really like the texture. I really don't think there is any long term effect with this or many others.
They give hydration for the day but I find there has been no difference in my skin since using all of the products.

I am really thinking now that the entire KS line seems to be more for people who are under 40 and have combo skin.

My skin is 53 with some soft lines and is slightly dehydrated and there are much better lines out there for my skin than KS.

I have ventured into IS Clinical, Vivier and Cellcosmet. I am also waiting for the NCN Pumpkin Peel to arrive and see how it compares with KIAJ for exfoliation.

I guess it's more trial and error to see what works best for our skin.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
It's possible mishie. In LA the weather is a lot warmer compared to where I live. KS may only be good for the summer season. But I have read that it is not the quantity of lotion you put on your dry skin but how often you reapply it.
I would have to agree with that.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:17 am      Reply with quote
With Quench you only need one pump and it will cover you entire face.

Skincare do you mean the number of times a day to reapply versus quantity for one application?

I followed the same regime of twice a day with Quench and Deep Tissue, and sadly no change after 2 months!
meggiequn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Sounds magic, I'll definitely have a try, any other star products of this brand?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
mishie wrote:
With Quench you only need one pump and it will cover you entire face.

Skincare do you mean the number of times a day to reapply versus quantity for one application?

I followed the same regime of twice a day with Quench and Deep Tissue, and sadly no change after 2 months!

Yes. That is what I read but with Cellcosmet, I did not have to do that except when my mouth and nose got very dry and peeling in the winter.

I think that maybe it is better to keep reapplying every time you feel dry then to put on one thick layer.

Maybe for you mishie, Quench and Goat Milk or Nourish is not enough for your skin.
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:42 am      Reply with quote
mishie wrote:
Skincare I have been using Quench since the middle of March and KIAJ and Deep Tissue Repair since April, I didn't realize how long it had been!!

The Quench I use under my moisturizer and as I mentioned I really like the texture. I really don't think there is any long term effect with this or many others.
They give hydration for the day but I find there has been no difference in my skin since using all of the products.

I am really thinking now that the entire KS line seems to be more for people who are under 40 and have combo skin.

My skin is 53 with some soft lines and is slightly dehydrated and there are much better lines out there for my skin than KS.

I have ventured into IS Clinical, Vivier and Cellcosmet. I am also waiting for the NCN Pumpkin Peel to arrive and see how it compares with KIAJ for exfoliation.

I guess it's more trial and error to see what works best for our skin.

Thanks for the heads up mishie as I am also very interested in this line. I'm 51 so I guess this line is probably not for me.

I've also just ordered the NCN pumpkin peel. Please let us know how it compares with KIAJ.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:15 am      Reply with quote
Ninetynie if you could get samples of KS and try it you might be of a different opinion.

I have just found after using it for a few months that it is not a line that targets my age or problem areas. Again you might love it!

I am really looking forward to receiving the pumpkin peel, unfortunately everything coming into Canada takes longer to go through customs but hopefully it will be here any day now!
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:37 am      Reply with quote
I think that most of you are on to something. I do think that this line is probably more geared to younger, oilier, acne prone skin. For me, that is a nice change of pace because it seems like every good line is geared toward older dry aging skin. Since I fall into the former catagory, this line has been a God send to me.

I am going to sit down shortly and review everything that I am currently using (a lot of which is KS) I am so happy with my current products...a lot happier than I have been in a long while.

liz

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:58 am      Reply with quote
In the future, kindly refrain from using 'aging' regarding skin..'mature'is acceptable. I read 'dry, aging' and I feel like an old bat. I've just hit the post 50 mark, and am still quite sensitive. Thank you Laughing
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
In the future, kindly refrain from using 'aging' regarding skin..'mature'is acceptable. I read 'dry, aging' and I feel like an old bat. I've just hit the post 50 mark, and am still quite sensitive. Thank you Laughing

Duely noted! Laughing Maybe we should make a list of politically correct skin care terms!

liz

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
I had never heard of the Kate Somerville line before joining EDS, but with all of the rave reviews for so many of her products I can't wait to try some out!
samanthalow
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
I am still undecided about this product. Have almost finished my bottle of Quench and I THINK my skin tone has improved. I have run out of my deep tissue repair and so I have been using this as a moisturiser alone. Considering I have acne prone skin and this does not break me out, I'm still quite impressed.
However, the serum can feel quite greasy when u first apply it. It absorbs very quickly afterwards leaving behind soft skin. BTW, my dermatologist recommends using vit c for my problem skin so I will keep using it. I think I read somewhere that it prevents phyto damage as well, which I take to mean sun damage, so that's really good. I use it both in the day and night. I wouldn't recommend using it alone without moisturiser though because it will not be hydrating enough. I'm just waiting for my kate somerville nourish to arrive and not mess ard my skin with other brands.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
samanthalow wrote:
I am still undecided about this product. Have almost finished my bottle of Quench and I THINK my skin tone has improved. I have run out of my deep tissue repair and so I have been using this as a moisturiser alone. Considering I have acne prone skin and this does not break me out, I'm still quite impressed.
However, the serum can feel quite greasy when u first apply it. It absorbs very quickly afterwards leaving behind soft skin. BTW, my dermatologist recommends using vit c for my problem skin so I will keep using it. I think I read somewhere that it prevents phyto damage as well, which I take to mean sun damage, so that's really good. I use it both in the day and night. I wouldn't recommend using it alone without moisturiser though because it will not be hydrating enough. I'm just waiting for my kate somerville nourish to arrive and not mess ard my skin with other brands.

I'm surprised that it is okay to use Quench if you are acne prone. I was told not to purchase it.
jag
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:21 am      Reply with quote
I used the quench for a few days when I first purchased it but I think it was causing me to breakout so I stopped. I haven't used it since. I have oily skin that can sometimes be dry.
samanthalow
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
That's weird. I read on the website that it is suitable for all skin types including combination skin, which is my skin type, bordering on oily depending on the season. It contains vitamin A and C which is known to help acne prone skin and scarring.
carforum
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
I have dry skin and love this serum, going to get my 2nd tube

Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |