Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What to use for puffy eyes, dark cercles and enlarged pores?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mozaik
5% products discount

Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
I am 54 and suddenly i realized that i changed!Allot!! Can you help me ?What to use to reduce the enlarged pores due to aging? And what to use for puffy eyes and dark cercles?
TIA Idea
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:02 am      Reply with quote
Juvena Renewing Eye Serum is really great for puffy eyes I've found. I've also recently started using Garden Of Wisdoms GoAway Dark Circles Eye Serum followed by their Majik Eye Cream and after a few weeks of use I am definitely seeing some good results.
Sweet_Angel
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mozaik

I'm in my twenties and battling the same issues as u r.

For me pore size is temporarily reduced a bit when I use masks like cellex c skin toning mask. But these masks also dry out my skin a bit. One more problem I have is sensitive skin, so most "harsh" products like TCA peels may not work for me. But they may work very well for you. see members' advice on peels: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=23481&highlight=

Dark circles: I guess it depends on what is the cause. IF it is just lack of sleep, stress, etc. you can use teamine or other eye creams with vit K. I think many forum members had success with teamine. But if they are deep and hereditary like mine, these products will only minimize the dark circles a bit. I am looking into laser treatment for dark circles although I may not be a good candidate at this point. See http://www.beverlyhillsmakeover.com/BeverlyHills_Botox_Skin_Laser_Before_After.htm#Dark_Circles (my dark circles are worse than the guy's in the pic).

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:33 am      Reply with quote
If you haven't read these threads already -

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=1937&highlight=dark+circles

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=23209&highlight=dark+circles

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=23498&highlight=dark+circles

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=22608&highlight=dark+circles

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=2988&highlight=dark+circles

5% products discount

Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:13 am      Reply with quote
Sweet_Angel, my dark circle are not hereditary, are due to aging, is something that comes wit .....the experience. So you have to take really care, cause will only accentuate in the future. Thanks for the tips and links you posted!
Sel, where can i look for Juvena and garden of wisdoms?I would be curious to read more abot them, but is encouraging that you had success with their use. Thanks alot for your suggestions. Smile
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:51 am      Reply with quote
You can find Juvena here on EDS, or Ebay sometimes has the Juvena Renewing Serum. There are a few reviews on the Juvena on this forum so you should have a read.
Just wanted to say that I have tried the PTR Vit K Eye Cream and unfourtunately I didn't see any improvement in my dark circles, but I know many others. Though I am interested in trying Revision Teamine Eye Cream since I've heard good things about this too.

You can find Garden of Wisdom products herewww.gardenofwisdom.com they are under the finished products header. HTH.
mozaik
5% products discount

Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks! It is really so much outhere, that is easy to get confused. And there are so many places where for DIY. But these things are not for me, as i never touched this subject. However i am overwhelmed when i see how much informed can someone get from the info on this forum. I cant say never, but i dont think i will ever touch the store staff. BTW, any suggestion for enlarged pores. TIA. Very Happy
Sakana
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hylexin is supposed to be v good for dark circles. I used products with AHA and PHA for an extended period of time and I find that my pores have diminished. I have VERY oily skin in the the nose area. When I say diminished, I mean it's not like so small you can't see it, but it is noticeably smaller. Someone also wrote a thread on a something called oil pulling in this forum which is supposed to diminish dark circles. It's a method involving swishing around a olive oil and sunflower oil method in your mouth.
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
Different things are obviously going to work for everyone, but my pores have noticeably decreased, they haven't disappeared but they are much less noticeable than they were. I can't pinpoint an actual product, but I found that finding a great cleanser that works for your skin type, and keeps your pores clean works wonders. I'm using Osea Ocean Cleanser at the moment and alternating it with Osea Cleansing Mudd. The Cleansing Mudd is amazing, my pores look almost non existant after using it. Eve Lom do a great cleanser aswell.
I recently began to use an asprin mask a couple of times a week too, and this type of exfoliation again seems to have helped minimize the appearance of pores for me.

There are so many products, but it really is a case of trial and error. I used products in the past that others have given great reviews on, only to find that they didn't work for me, and in some cases made my skin worse.

Mozaik, I personally don't make my own DIY products, but have bought finished products from small DIY based companies and i'm so pleased that I did. I have had better results with many of those products than branded ones.
You should do a search on the reviews section of the forum, because as you mentioned there is an overwhelming amount of information on the forum!
mozaik
5% products discount

Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you!I've heard about the aspirin mask but i didnt know the reason for it. I will read more, but is good to have some suggestions to start with. Before 2 weeks ago, i had no idea that this forum existed! I even dont remember how i found it, but I'm soooo glad i did! Very Happy
havana8

Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
A suggestion from Kimberly Sayer's website which, surprisingly, is effective:

Puffy Eye Treatment: This is so simple to make and can be done so in about 1-2 minutes. Very simply grate a potato and collect the juice from the grated potato. Apply the potato juice to damp cotton pads and leave on the eye area for 15 minutes. Very restorative and takes away puffiness. For extreme problems leave on for 30 minutes. Alternative is using chamomile tea bags.

http://www.kimberlysayer.com/recipes.html
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |