Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pillow face ?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
Do you wake up with compression wrinkles? Although they usually go away, I am getting worried about the cumulative effect. What do you do about it?
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
Sometimes I do, but those incidences are few and far in between.

I've heard people suggesting using silk/satin pillowcases. I tried it once but it was too slippery for me, I couldn't get comfortable!
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:30 am      Reply with quote
Use a silk pillow I have one for years and it really works as I always sleep on my side but with the silk pillow one would not know what side. They are expensive so if you can buy two they do last for years and they are not that slippery as a forum writer said.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:44 am      Reply with quote
Does it matter so much how good quality silk pillow cases are? Or any silk will do? There are lots of silk pillow cases and bedsheets here, but price varies so much.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:58 am      Reply with quote
Oh man! somedays it takes a couple of hors for the creases to fall out! Laughing I try to spend my last half hour in bed lying on my back as it helps them go much faster.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:14 am      Reply with quote
I have pillow face right now. I think it's VERY becoming. Laughing
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:23 am      Reply with quote
Silk/satin pillowcases are also good for the hair - especially if you are a restless sleeper. Before I got them, I thought I would find them too slippery, but I didn't.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:47 am      Reply with quote
violetanne wrote:
I have pillow face right now. I think it's VERY becoming. Laughing

I woke up with pillow face this morning too! I keep wanting to buy some silk pillowcases, but I never seem to get around it. I find the older I get, the more those pillow creases take to disappear after I wake! Shock
sharons123
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:24 am      Reply with quote
A bit like my clothes. I wear them, and wait for them to fall out. Laughing

No seriously, I wouldn't worry about it. At my age I've had quite a few pillow creases on my face during the years (nuff said) and they have never left a permanent wrinkle.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:03 am      Reply with quote
I believe serious damage can be done from "pillow face" or sleeping on your side. My dermotologist could instantly tell this spring which side I sleep on based on the nasolabial line being MUCH deeper on 1 side of my face. I try really hard to sleep on my back and if I wake up on my side, I switch to my back. When he pointed out the problem - it seemed so obvious, I just didn't realize before the damage that could be done.
Cautious newbie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:22 am      Reply with quote
I DEFINITELY know that fine lines were formed by my previous habit of sleeping on my stomach on the right side of my face.

In my late 20s I started to notice fine line around my right eye only. My left eye was perfect. I couldn't figure out the reason why, until I hit age 30...I woke up one morning and noticed that my eye wrinkles were really deep due to pillow face...in the EXACT same places that I had the fine lines. The deep wrinkles eventally did go away, but I really freaked out.

I guess because I was getting older, the elasticity was decreasing and so my skin wasn't "bouncing back" as quickly which allowed me to see this...but it was then OBVIOUS to me that the fine lines on my right eye was caused by the way I sleep.

I immediately started training myself to sleep on my back...it took about 1 month of crappy sleep, but it was all worth it.

I'm now 32...my left eye is still completely like a babies butt Very Happy not a single fine line...my right eye doesn't seem to have progressed too much, but there are still mornings I catch myself sleeping on my side (but never anymore on my stomach which creates major face squashing)...and on those mornings, the lines do appear more scrunched up...which thankfully go away.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:30 am      Reply with quote
When I wake up with "pillow face" I know I have had a great sound sleep and didn't move from one position.

A good night's sleep is sometimes hard to come by after 50 so if I do wake up with lines from my pillow I just over hydrate that day with lots of water and moisturizer, but at least I'm well rested!!
4sons
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:53 am      Reply with quote
mishie wrote:
When I wake up with "pillow face" I know I have had a great sound sleep and didn't move from one position.

A good night's sleep is sometimes hard to come by after 50 so if I do wake up with lines from my pillow I just over hydrate that day with lots of water and moisturizer, but at least I'm well rested!!

LOL ... I hear you! I do recommend satin pillow cases for that reason those. I have MANY fewer lines from "pillow face" now!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:54 am      Reply with quote
I treid silk pillow cases before and didn't find them helpful for me. They are stained very easily (or more noticable for stains)from my face creams Smile
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Try the "savemyface" pillow. Written about here some time ago, if you do a search. Or google it. Works pretty well.
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:05 am      Reply with quote
hm. Too bad pillow face is nothing like bedroom hair.!
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:08 am      Reply with quote
Yup, you can tell what side I sleep on! I do have some permanent creases on my left side. I try to sleep on my back, but some mornings I wake up to find myself face down with my face mooshed between two pillows! I hate that!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:09 am      Reply with quote
Me in the morning

http://www.tyrolimports.com/images/tollund_man.jpg

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:54 am      Reply with quote
I bought a Save My Face Pillow over the winter - it's wonderful!

One of the best things I learned about on this forum.

You can still wake up with creases on occasion, but this helps a lot.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:33 am      Reply with quote
[quote="Girlzmommie"]I bought a Save My Face Pillow over the winter - it's wonderful!

One of the best things I learned about on this forum.

You can still wake up with creases on occasion, but this helps a lot.[/quote]

From the website I can tell its distinct shape, but can you tell me what is this made of? Cotten, gel or memory foam inside the pillow?
Girlzmommie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:52 am      Reply with quote
Probably cotton I guess - not memory foam or gel.

Like a normal pillow, it's the shape that makes it unique.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
I try to sleep on my back but somehow when I wake I’m always on my side. And ... I often wear one of those sleep masks to keep out the light as mostly I sleep during the day and I wake up looking like Zorro with a perfect mask imprint around my eyes! This is not a good look unless you’re actually wearing a mask and your name is Antonio Banderras!
Sakana
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
I don't usu wake up with creases EXCEPT when I am bloated, eg had alcohol the night before.
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
I'm thinking you must be pretty young then!
Sakana
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Haha! Don't I wish! I'm about 40.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |