Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What Are Your Beauty Secrets!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:17 am      Reply with quote
Everyone has their own beauty secrets. what are yours, plz share with us Very Happy

Havin a peel when i have pimples, have a facial once every two weeks when my skin is clear.
Use masks once a week. And most of the time use MDF products to maintain my skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
Great idea for a thread!!! I can't wait to hear the rest of the replies. Here are mine:
- Apply a golden highlighter in a c-shape around the outer corner of the eyes. It draws light to the eye area and enhances the bone structure.
- I am very pale, and always feel better after applying the Rodial self tan which only contains natural colur pigments (derived from caramel) and treats the skin with moisturizing avocado and coconut oils while the tan develops. (Lovely scent too of coconut...)
- Using Hair Mayonnaise on my highlighted, brittle hair along with Mane N'Tail shampoo and conditioner.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
OK, I would have to say copper peptides and emu oil have made the biggest difference. I still wear makeup but not as much and only really out of habit. Even mini-me says I look better without foundation.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
I use a lengthening AND a volumizing mascara to get the look I want (and have never gotten with even the most expensive mascaras).

Cover Girl Lash Exact and then Cover Girl Volume Exact on top. Do one eye at a time, start from outer corner and go in, 2 coats lengthening and then immediately 1 or 2 coats volumizing. No clumps, no smears, no spider look, just long, lush lashes. I get tons of compliments and 2 tubes of the Cover Girl (on sale or BOGO) is still way less than DiorShow!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:30 am      Reply with quote
CrazyForClooney wrote:
I use a lengthening AND a volumizing mascara to get the look I want (and have never gotten with even the most expensive mascaras).

Cover Girl Lash Exact and then Cover Girl Volume Exact on top. Do one eye at a time, start from outer corner and go in, 2 coats lengthening and then immediately 1 or 2 coats volumizing. No clumps, no smears, no spider look, just long, lush lashes. I get tons of compliments and 2 tubes of the Cover Girl (on sale or BOGO) is still way less than DiorShow!

Have you tried Yves Saint Laurent False Lash Mascara? I have found it to be the very best and it gives length, volume and curl.
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:17 am      Reply with quote
I agree with guapagirl. Copper peptides and emu oil! Very Happy

My skin is still nowhere near perfect, but I think I look better bare-faced than with foundation.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:57 am      Reply with quote
Smoothskin, thanks for the YSL rec. If I get tired of my little routine, I'll give it a try! Very Happy My only YSL exp. is I had tried the YSL Parfait Teint in Apricot primer awhile back, and although nice, the fragrance made it really impossible for me use.

I've tried Diorshow, Prescrpitives, Lancome & other mascaras (all $16 to over $20) and didn't get what I'm getting with my two tubes of Cover Girl (total for 2 tubes $8 on sale, $10-11 if not on sale) and No Clumps!

5% products discount

Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
I have been using Tazarac, the retin-a's, mini peels, really the works - and everything in between... I am very interested in copper peptides and emu oil!!

I just did some research and can't wait to try. Can you give me the best recommendations on strenth/value. My skin is pretty good, but it hasn't 'improved' in quite a while - really only thought my next step would be a super deep peel or lazor...hahaha...
Anyway, can't wait to try...

Please suggest some brands/formulas...
Thanks

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:43 am      Reply with quote
I recommend that you take a look at the NCN website and/or contact Nanci @ NCN Professional Skin Care.
They have the best products and she is more than willing and able to answer any and all questions. Probably some of the best customer service ever.

NCN has different strength CP's and she can guide you on where and how to start and then build up. If you look on EDS re: CP's you'll see that she is highly regarded.

I didn't know a thing and followed the recommendation to contact NCN and it's been great!

Good luck and I'd like to hear how it turns out. Very Happy
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:21 am      Reply with quote
A simple routine without too many actives. I find that whenever I try to fit too many products into my routine, my skin goes crazy and I'm always left with dry parched blotchy skin.

I try to stay away from SLS as I have very sensitive skin and it makes my skin so itchy, red, and irritated.

And of course, always wash my face before going to bed no matter how tired, drunk or s**t faced I am. LOL Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:23 am      Reply with quote
SLS?
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:29 am      Reply with quote
kd wrote:
SLS?

Sodium Laureth Sulfate. It's a surfactant found in most cleansing products.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:29 am      Reply with quote
I am over 40, so this may explain my response:

The biggest difference for me has come from adding sunscreen to my regimin, along with Retin A...

Also, a very effective undereye concealer. It's worth it to keep trying until you find the right one for you. This one thing took 10 years off my face.

The right shade of foundation. It's worth taking the time to get the right one - you need a good match.

Teeth whitening and overall good hygiene and health.

Now, if I could just find the same kind of magic for my eyelashes!

Thanks, BF
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Yoga
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:36 am      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:
Yoga

I am very interested in yoga at the moment and I am currently looking for a place where they do beginners classes, so I would like to hear about the benefits you have noticed.
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:20 am      Reply with quote
kd wrote:
I recommend that you take a look at the NCN website and/or contact Nanci @ NCN Professional Skin Care.
They have the best products and she is more than willing and able to answer any and all questions. Probably some of the best customer service ever.

NCN has different strength CP's and she can guide you on where and how to start and then build up. If you look on EDS re: CP's you'll see that she is highly regarded.

I didn't know a thing and followed the recommendation to contact NCN and it's been great!

Good luck and I'd like to hear how it turns out. Very Happy

Although I haven't personally purchased from NCN, I agree with kd's recommendation based on feedback from other members, and perusing their website http://www.ncnproskincare.com/

I purchase directly from skinbio, but their website can be overwhelming and confusing for a newbie. I had a very knowledgeable friend helping me through the maze. Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:49 am      Reply with quote
Smoothskin wrote:
yogi wrote:
Yoga

I am very interested in yoga at the moment and I am currently looking for a place where they do beginners classes, so I would like to hear about the benefits you have noticed.

Your body and skin benefit from the detoxification, strengthening and flexibility. In yoga you learn to be present while remaining calm. Really, yoga is a breathing exercise. As you breathe in a calm, slow deep breath - ujjayi pranayama - the poses are there to challenge your ability to remain calm and centered, thereby strengthening that ability. hth
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
yaling111 wrote:

Havin a peel when i have pimples, have a facial once every two weeks when my skin is clear.

I also find that doing a peel speeds up the healing of the blemishes. Which peels do you use? I alternate between the Neutrogena Acne Peel and Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:
Smoothskin wrote:
yogi wrote:
Yoga

Your body and skin benefit from the detoxification, strengthening and flexibility. In yoga you learn to be present while remaining calm. Really, yoga is a breathing exercise. As you breathe in a calm, slow deep breath - ujjayi pranayama - the poses are there to challenge your ability to remain calm and centered, thereby strengthening that ability. hth

Thanks, I am really happy to hear about the added benefit you notice on your skin as well as physical and mental wellbeing. I am especially interested in kundalini yoga and will start to search for a teacher now.
SnowWhite
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
I have been doing yoga for years and have really seen an improvement in my strength and flexibility. It also helps with concentration. However, you need to be careful about bacteria that can end up on your face from some of the poses that require your face to meet the mat (where your feet have just been). It was causing me to break out when I first started, but now I just use an anti-bacterial mask. Just wanted to point that out!
SnowWhite
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
I have been doing yoga for years and have really seen an improvement in my strength and flexibility. It also helps with concentration. However, you need to be careful about bacteria that can end up on your face from some of the poses that require your face to meet the mat (where your feet have just been). It was causing me to break out when I first started, but now I just use an anti-bacterial mask. Just wanted to point that out!
Chloelee
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
I have been doing hot yoga only for two months and seen great improvement- I lost about 5 pounds without serious diet. Btw, I was 118 pounds at a height of 163cm. Also my skin looked so supple and healthy.

Back to the topic, my beauty secret is to clean skin well. I use Shu umura cleansing oil at night and Clarins cleansing gel in the morning. Also during weekend when I am home, I wear masks to do housework or surfing internet and tried not to wear any make up one day in a week.

A lot of fruits will definitely help skin to look fruity! Razz
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Jan Marini eyelash intervention, radiesse to plump up nasal lines, Frownies to smooth away wrinkles over night. TNS recovery complex to build up collagen,drink lot of lemon water.Take Jan marini vitamins to keep skin plumped up and young looking. Best beauty secret?No drinking alcohol and always stay out of the sun.
missmia
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry to be square but it really does come down to the basics for me. Lots of lemon water first thing and ALL day. Eat light and often but not after six and exercise which i don't do enough of,i know....

Skincare wise its exfoliating,masking often and lots of beauty sleep.

Oh yeah n gotta BE HAPPY Laughing
dancar3
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
My skin is looking pretty good these days and have copper serum, pearl paste, emu oil, matrixyl 3000, and retin a to thank for that.

However, ultimately the biggest beauty secret is really no secret.........it is to be happy. Our skin can be perfect and our makeup just so, but w/o it, it can make us look older. If you are happy in your life, it will shine through your face and radiate through your eyes and that is the key to what really makes us beautiful.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |