Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Skin Care Amateur needs help . . .
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lapcas

Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
I'm new to the forum. I've been reading all of these posts about so different products and strategies and I am totally overwhelmed. I am not even sure what different products are supposed to be doing or how many I should be using, so I thought I would ask you guys what I should be doing and what I need in terms of creams, serums, treatments, and vitamins. I am 27, with mild to medium melasma on my forehead and lip that has not responded to pretty much anything (TCA peels, retin-A, Cosmalen), lots of freckles and sun damage all over my face, and I'm starting to get some mild lines. As of right now, I use DDF brightening cleanser, Neutrogena 55 Helio sunscreen, take prenatal vitamins, and a DDF eye cream; alas, my skin just never looks great! Anyways, I'd really appreciate any tips or ideas you guys have; what does someone my age need to be doing? Thank you!
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there Smile

I think the first thing to remember is be realistic about your aims (unless you really do have a bottomless purse) and also that your skin is probably not as bad as you think it is. what one person may see as a problem another may not. For example I never actually thought I had melanasma until some one very kindly pointed out that I did. Either way it hasn't got worse and I have a pretty basic regimen now.

If you want to even your skintone, then vit C serums are good. The cellularskinRx one is very good and stable and a good price. PSF also do one which lots of people rate highly. Keep on with the sunblock and give it time. Sun damage takes a while to get and much longer to get rid of so have patience grasshopper!

Liz Cool

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
Well the first thing is to stay out of the sun. No matter what SPF block you are using, if you are going to be in the sun extensively, it's not going to help. When I was your age, or actually even younger, my dermatologist would tell me, if you see sun on one side of the street, cross over and walk on the other side. Now that I have kids, I can't help but play with them in the sun, but in addition to sunblock, I have a huge hat and huge sunglasses and I limit the in-the-sun time to 10 minutes at a go. Then I go in the shade for 10 minutes and maybe back out for another 10.

I also drink 3 litres of water a day. I think 2 litres is a must. Remember good skin starts from within.

Good luck! Wink
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
Just adding onto what Sakana said, it is possible that all the peels, retins and cosmelan have actually made matters worse. Yo are perhaps more prone to sun damage now so avoiding the sun maybe a good idea. I would avoid heavy peels in future, just a bit of gentle exfoliation to lift off dead skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
You might want to consult with a dermatologist to identify your problems first before just buying random stuff to try out. Like, do you still break out? trying to treat scars doesn't deal with the problem if you still break out. Is the discolouration from the sun or other internal problems? If you can stay out of the sun, I think AHA and PHA products will be helpful in eliminating acne, acne scars and colourations, and fine lines. You need to find a line that suits you.
Sakana
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
Wait, just read that you are taking pre-natal vitamins. Are you pregnant? You need to be really careful if you are. I wouldn't start anything dramatic.

If you are not pregnant, I would say a course of IPL would be very effective for your freckles. Like a course of 6 treatments, spaced 3 weeks apart each. Would help with the fine lines too.
lapcas

Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, I am not pregnant. I am taking the prenatals to help my hair grow. I've also been reading about taking zinc, sulfur, and Ester- C for the pigment. I have never had acne and almost never even have blackheads. More than anything (aside from the ever-maddening pigment), I just feel like my skin looks like old. Thanks for all your input!
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
lapcas wrote:
Actually, I am not pregnant. I am taking the prenatals to help my hair grow. I've also been reading about taking zinc, sulfur, and Ester- C for the pigment. I have never had acne and almost never even have blackheads. More than anything (aside from the ever-maddening pigment), I just feel like my skin looks like old. Thanks for all your input!

The formula in prenatal vitamins contains extra iron, etc that is not needed if you are not pregnant. Hair seems to grow faster if you are pregnant.

Many people have had good success with Biotin vitamins. It is a B vitamin. Do a board search here and also on makeupalley.com (hair board). It is reported that it does help; but it does make all your hair everywhere grow faster. (So you might be shaving more.)
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |