Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Boots 7 refine and rewind sold out!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
Its sold out in all the targets here,I tried it once and wasnt that impressed but marketing must have initiated a run on it.........I am waiting for reviews on amatokin...there was 15 years of research behind that product.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
I thought the new one is called Protect and Perfect? There is some confusion and people may have been buying the other one by mistake. They are not the same product.
missmia
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
I'm confused too!! I thought all the hype was about Refine & Rewind which contains "peptides" but then i read in a magazine today about a Protect & Perfect serum,so which is the miracle wonder serum???
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
Protect and Perfect is the newest one, that was featured by the BBC. Some people thought the other one was the same thing named differently for overseas markets and it's also sold out in many places, but a person on another forum phoned up Boots and they apparently confirmed that it's not the same product. The Refine and Rewind serum also has good reviews. The Protect and Perfect should be even better. But someone had posted the ingredients up and it does have some silicones so those who are sensitive should beware.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
Just to add more confusion, apparently this article from Boots claims that an equivalent product named Restore and Renew is sold in the US. But the ingredients are not listed, so we can't make objective comparison.

http://bootsus.bri-global.com/main.asp?pid=4114&rnd=1473
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
m1rox wrote:
Just to add more confusion, apparently this article from Boots claims that an equivalent product named Restore and Renew is sold in the US. But the ingredients are not listed, so we can't make objective comparison.

http://bootsus.bri-global.com/main.asp?pid=4114&rnd=1473

Candy posted the ingredients in another thread as follows:

Refine & Rewind - Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone crosspolymer, Cyclohexsiloxane, Arabinogalactan, Glycerin, Arabinogalacatan, Sodium Ascorbyl phosphate, Magnesium sulphate, dimethicone copolyol, phenoxyethanol, sodium PCS, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, hexyl laurate, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, retinyl palmitate, medicago sativa (alfalfa) extract, methylparaben, propylene glycol, lupinus albus seed extract, butylparaben, ethylparaben, carbomer, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, polysorbate 20, panax ginseng root extract, morus alba leaf extract, tocopherol, palmitoyl oligopeptide, palmitoyl tetrapeptide-3

Restore & Renew - Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone crosspolymer, Cyclohexsiloxane, Glycerin, dimethicone copolyol, sodium ascorbyl phosphate, polysorbate 20, magnesium sulfate, phenoxyethanol, sodium PCA, retinyl palmitate, methylparaben, propylene glycol, Lupinus albus seed extract, carbomer, butylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, panax ginseng root extract, morus alba leaf extract, tocopherol, palmitoyloligopeptide, palmitoyl tetrapeptide-3
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:48 am      Reply with quote
The ingredients for Protect and Perfect are very similar, except that the last ingredient is listed as a pentapeptide. It probably will make little difference. If those other two products are cheaper and available (in stock), then you should consider buying them as substitutes. I think there's may be some over-hype on the Protect and Perfect.
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:10 am      Reply with quote
The new one that all the hype is about is Protect and Perfect but its impossible to get so the boots sales ladies are recommending their other serums naturally. I managed to get Protect and Perfect just arrived at store when it came in and it really leaves a feeling of silk on my skin it was 23euro so one can't go wrong.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:19 am      Reply with quote
I was told refine and rewind was the equivlenet of the sought after product in england. Why so many different products? Just come out with 1 that works not 5 that confuse.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:29 am      Reply with quote
m1rox wrote:
I think there's may be some over-hype on the Protect and Perfect.

Beautiful bit of understatement there! I have a time delay serum which has almost identical active ingredients. It is a nice enough cosmetic product but doesn't really shake my world

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:35 am      Reply with quote
Not sure why women would blindly go nuts over this product. It doesn't seem to work. I really am surprised that their PR is doing such a great job that it is causing a sold-out in stores, and the products get sold on ebay for a high price. I already returned mine to Target.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:41 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
Not sure why women would blindly go nuts over this product. It doesn't seem to work. I really am surprised that their PR is doing such a great job that it is causing a sold-out in stores, and the products get sold on ebay for a high price. I already returned mine to Target.

It's because there was a programme on UK tv about skincare cosmetics. They didn't name the Boots product, but they did show the packaging and said it was better than all the top end brands and as effective as retinol. The labs which carried out the analysis though have since backtracked.

What you have to remember is all these women heard about it but didn't actually see the programme or read up on it. A classic and true case of lemming Laughing

Someone after complimenting me on my skin actually asked me if I used it. I told them no, I used CPs and emu and immediately regretted it!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:15 am      Reply with quote
I think the BBC programme actually said that whereas other products reduced wrinkles by, say, 3 to 7%, the Boots product showed 112 or 15% reduction. Or sthg like that. Anyway, the point is at these numbers, the changes are not visible to the naked eye.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:38 am      Reply with quote
I'm in Canada. Neither of the Boots' serums inspired nearly the mayhem they inspired overseas. I was going to buy one of them ---but I forgot about it Laughing; an indication of the hypelessness of the product in my neck of the woods! (yes, I made up the word, "hypelessness" Laughing ) I think that the Boots' serums have inspired the same "gotta have it" sizzle that we've probably all fallen victim to..Remember all the craziness that followed the Strivectin SD release? There was absolute mayhem in Canada - I couldn't find it anywhere....When i finally did get my hands on it I went crazy!! But not because I was tee'd off by all the hype and subsequent uselessness of the product...I was in heaven!! This is still one of my all-time fave, most beloved products! (sorry for kind of straying from topic..)..Anyways, gotta go....The Kate Somerville Marching Band is passing by my house and "Kate In a Jar" is calling my name! Laughing I am not going to be able to resist this product (thank heavens EDS carries it!)..I'll let you when/if the air goes out of all my "gotta have it sizzle" party balloons!
puds
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
still waiting to hear about results from amatokin; it took 15 yrs to develop it I have heard very little about it except its hard to get and damned expensive.
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:34 am      Reply with quote
We have amatokin in our Bloomingdales...for 173.00. It is on the higher end but not as high as Valmont glaciers. After the Kate Summerville stir, I am steering away from products used by "celebrities".

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:14 am      Reply with quote
I'm going to have to checkout the feedback on the Boots products at my Shoppers Drug Mart counter. There has been a bit of promo in their flyers as this is a new line here, but I'm not sure if they carry that particular product here in Canada.
hopemelody
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:19 am      Reply with quote
funny, I just returned a boots serum not long ago. I think it was Retore and Renew. it left a very uncomfortable filmy feeling on my face.
I was so excited about boots coming to my local SDM, I went and bought a bouch. then after a week of testing, I have to say, as far as I am concerned, boots skincare is very overly rated.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:50 am      Reply with quote
I think that film is due to the silicones in the product. Someone posted a list of the ingredients.
nnovikova

Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased Amatokin in Bloomingdales. I use it for a month and don't see any difference. Waste of money.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
luvyourskin wrote:
I'm going to have to checkout the feedback on the Boots products at my Shoppers Drug Mart counter. There has been a bit of promo in their flyers as this is a new line here, but I'm not sure if they carry that particular product here in Canada.

Yes they do. They carry both the Refine& Rewind and Restore & Renew.
skinmelon
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Pursuant to my everlasting quest for anti aging skincare, I bought IT : BOOTS no.7 Refind and Rewind last night on ebay. They are well stocked for these, so called hard to find products. But, I have some reservations, are they authentic??? anyone here ever buy these hard to find on ebay? any comments?
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
skinmelon wrote:
Pursuant to my everlasting quest for anti aging skincare, I bought IT : BOOTS no.7 Refind and Rewind last night on ebay. They are well stocked for these, so called hard to find products. But, I have some reservations, are they authentic??? anyone here ever buy these hard to find on ebay? any comments?

I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but Refine and Rewind is not the serum that is sold out everywhere. Boots being somewhat silly named two of their serums with similar names. The one that is flying off shelves is the Restore and Renew.

Restore and Renew is going upwards of 50 dollars on ebay right now. I managed to find the last bottle in a local Target store (if you are in the States and go to Target.com they will show you where this serum is available. It'll probably say "limited availability" but it is up to date).

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
The serum is featured on "today's show", here is the link:

http://video.msn.com/v/us/msnbc.htm?g=4b738709-c44d-488f-9b69-12da199329e7&f=00&fg=
skinmelon
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your info, gals. Now, I am very confused as to which one is "the one" that claims so much raves?

- REWIND & REFIND or
- PROTECT & PERFECT or
- Restore & Renew
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |