Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
UK girls! I'm going to London tues....what to buy at Boots?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
steffers
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hey ladies,
I live in Canada (Vancouver) and our largest drugstore chain has just stared carrying certain items from Boots at select locations, but now that I will be able to shop at Boots myself, i'm wondering what the most popular products are, the best buys, etc.

I am actually looking for a good sunscreen that doubles as a moisturizer, and a good eye cream, and the list goes on.

Thanks!

SKIN: 33,fair.My work env't is skin hell! (flight attend. = dryness&eye circles!) AM: Lavantine Cleansing Oil, squalane, ISOMERS carnosine complex (250x more pow'ful than Idebenone), eye cream varies, JuiceBeauty Antiox Serum, Anthelios SS. PM: Lavantine, squalane, Remergent DNA Repair. Want: Silk Dust
missmia
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Steffers!

Boots No7 Refine & Rewind intense perfecting serum is the hottest item at the moment!!! Since an independent study proved that this product which contains peptides the same as other tres expensive anti aging products,people have been queing outside stores to buy this and there were waitlists and so on. All the UK mags are ranting and raving about it......

I actually live in Bangkok where Boots stock this product so i've been using it for a couple of weeks now and so far so good. I believe it's £16.99 for 30ml in the UK.

Happy Shopping Smile
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
missmia wrote:
Hi Steffers!

Boots No7 Refine & Rewind intense perfecting serum is the hottest item at the moment!!! Since an independent study proved that this product which contains peptides the same as other tres expensive anti aging products,people have been queing outside stores to buy this and there were waitlists and so on. All the UK mags are ranting and raving about it......

I actually live in Bangkok where Boots stock this product so i've been using it for a couple of weeks now and so far so good. I believe it's £16.99 for 30ml in the UK.

Happy Shopping Smile

I live in BKK too, but I've never seen this product around anywhere. Where did you get it from and how much was it in baht?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
correction ..... after reading another thread,i realise it's the No7 Protect & Perfect that's the one to get!!!!
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
missmia wrote:
correction ..... after reading another thread,i realise it's the No7 Protect & Perfect that's the one to get!!!!

Is this one available in Thailand?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
Here's the link for the Boots No. 7 Protect and Perfect serum. Do review if you manage to get hold of it.

http://bootsus.bri-global.com/main.asp?pid=4114&rnd=1473

Boots also make good sunscreens. If you are not avoiding avobenzone, the Boots Soltan range have stabilized avobenzone with Tinosorb M and S, rumours are that the PPD of the SPF50 version is 25. They also do a Kid's version but I forgot to check if that is avobenzone free. The Soltan SPF50 Faces sunscreen is not bad. It's lighter texture than the Avene emulsion. It's also very cheap as they have a buy one get one free offer on at the moment. Boots No. 7 also have an SPF50 sunscreen with similar formulation, but it contains some alcohol and it may be even lighter in texture, but I haven't tried that one.
steffers
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
thanks! those are great suggestions. I will look into that cream that is getting rave reviews.

I've looked everywhere, but what is PPD? It keeps coming up in posts, and i am lost on that one.

Thanks everyone, and keep the suggestions coming!
steffers

SKIN: 33,fair.My work env't is skin hell! (flight attend. = dryness&eye circles!) AM: Lavantine Cleansing Oil, squalane, ISOMERS carnosine complex (250x more pow'ful than Idebenone), eye cream varies, JuiceBeauty Antiox Serum, Anthelios SS. PM: Lavantine, squalane, Remergent DNA Repair. Want: Silk Dust
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:42 am      Reply with quote
PPD stands for Persistent Pigment Darkening. It's a measure of protection from UVA rays that cause Ageing. SPF is a measure of protection from UVB rays that cause Burning. We should be more concerned about UVA protection than UVB as it penetrates deeper in the skin and can cause more long term damage. Generally most people would aim for PPD of at least 10. Very few sunscreens have PPD above 20, these include Avene, La Roche Posay, Bioderma, possibly RoC and this Boots sunscreen. But note that sunscreens containing avobenzone should ideally not be used with mineral make up as the minerals tend to degrade the avobenzone. So if you use mineral make up, you should go for a pure physical sunscreen (containing Zinc Oxide / Titanium dioxide - but these rarely achieve PPDs higher than 10) or Avene, which does not contain Avobenzone.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:29 am      Reply with quote
I was gonna say the boots sunscreens, they really are very good. We always have a range from the 25spf upto 60.

There is a lot of hype about protect and perfect because of a tv programme here, but the guy who actually did the research seemed to be saying afterwards that it wasn't actually anything special. Personally I don't like No7 formulas. To many fillers.

m1rox, thanks for the heads up on MMU and avobenzone. Didn't know that so I'll be careful not to mix them in future.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |