Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

not red
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Obagivirgin
5% products discount

Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:25 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone, I have been on Obagi nu derm for 8 days now and I keep reading how people are red or pink however I have not gotten those results. I am using tretinoin 0.1% twice a day. I have oily skin and the only difference I see in my face is I am more oily. Am I doing something wrong? I talked to the derm the other day and she said to keep doing the same.
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:11 am      Reply with quote
Count your blessings! Laughing Realize not everyone reacts the same.

Your Derm. may have you on a less agressive program.
Geminiwoman
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
Yes! Be glad you're not red...it's not a very pleasant sight Shock (thankfully it's summer and it just looks like I was in the sun). I'm on .05% tretinoin, but have very fair, dry, sensitive skin. So, I turned red right away. I'm guessing it depends on your coloring and skin type. The fact that you have oily skin may be why you aren't red. Keep following the instructions you received...and keep in touch with your derm. I'm seeing really great results after just over 4 weeks. And, as the previous post said, people do react differently.

5% products discount

Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:06 am      Reply with quote
OMG i'm on day 8 and woke up this morning with sunburn on my neck,My face was not hurting at all when I was in the shower however as I started to put on the applications all I can say is HELP!! My face is burning sooooo bad.
I have never experienced sunburn in my life. Im 29 years old hispanic and omg I don't ever want to feel this again, im sticking my face in the freezer it hurts Sad
Geminiwoman
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
You might want to call your derm! I've never experienced burning...just some itching. Did you wash really hard or use an exfoliator when you washed??? If I get really bad itching, I just back off on the products a bit...especially on my neck.

5% products discount

Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Yes I did use my scrubber but the soft part not the bristle feeling on my face. kind of like a power puff on my face when I was in the shower.
Geminiwoman
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Obagivirgin wrote:
Yes I did use my scrubber but the soft part not the bristle feeling on my face. kind of like a power puff on my face when I was in the shower.

Hmmm... perhaps that scraped off too much skin? I use a washcloth on my face only when it has flakes. I also just got a microdermabrasion today...so I expect my skin to be a bit more sensitive. I was told not to use the Tretonin for 3 days before and after, because it will be more sensitive. (It feels and looks great now. Got off a lot of the dead skin that was waiting to come off.) On Thursday, I will have been using Obagi for 5 weeks. I can really see a difference in my skin. Good luck to you! Very Happy

5% products discount

Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:04 am      Reply with quote
[quote="Geminiwoman"][quote="Obagivirgin"]Yes I did use my scrubber but the soft part not the bristle feeling on my face. kind of like a power puff on my face when I was in the shower.[/quote]

Hmmm... perhaps that scraped off too much skin? I use a washcloth on my face only when it has flakes. I also just got a microdermabrasion today...so I expect my skin to be a bit more sensitive. I was told not to use the Tretonin for 3 days before and after, because it will be more sensitive. (It feels and looks great now. Got off a lot of the dead skin that was waiting to come off.) On Thursday, I will have been using Obagi for 5 weeks. I can really see a difference in my skin. Good luck to you! Very Happy[/quote]

I believe you are correct I will not do that again. Wow 5 weeks I cant wait till I make the 5 weeks mark.
Geminiwoman
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
Obagivirgin...

My face still looks great! If you have access and the opportunity...getting a microderm might be helpful. It really got the dead skin off my face fast and effectively. (I had a discount coupon for one for $90). Or, perhaps one of those at home microderm machines might be good too. I may check one of them out...because microderms are expensive!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
Obagivirgin, good luck to you!
please keep posting your progress.

I have been using Obagi for more than 2 years. And I am really satisfied with my skin condition now.
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:48 am      Reply with quote
eek... posts like this are what make me scared to use Obagi. That and lines that have a lot of hype never live up for me. I used the ISC line and Naturderm line and neither did much. I am worried about spending tons of $ on Obagi and getting no improvement or even worse, my skin getting the uglies.

5% products discount

Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:06 am      Reply with quote
[quote="Geminiwoman"]Obagivirgin...

My face still looks great! If you have access and the opportunity...getting a microderm might be helpful. It really got the dead skin off my face fast and effectively. (I had a discount coupon for one for $90). Or, perhaps one of those at home microderm machines might be good too. I may check one of them out...because microderms are expensive![/quote]

Good idea I have an appointment today with my Obagi lady so I will talk to her. The only thing pealing on me is my neck.
kd
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:38 am      Reply with quote
skim wrote:
eek... posts like this are what make me scared to use Obagi. That and lines that have a lot of hype never live up for me. I used the ISC line and Naturderm line and neither did much. I am worried about spending tons of $ on Obagi and getting no improvement or even worse, my skin getting the uglies.

trying new lines can be both exciting and worrisome, especially since there are so many things out there that don't work. However, I've had a couple of plastic surgeons and dermatologists recommend Obagi.
I starting using Obagi about two years ago and get great results. It takes about 1 month to see some difference and 3 months to see a big difference. When you look at your face everyday it's hard to see all of the transformation so you might want to take a before and after photo and some in between photos for comparison.
During the summer I don't use Obagi since the California sun is pretty intense and even with sunscreen I get a little tan. Then during the year I go on for 3 months, maintain for 3 months and repeat the cycle. Every time I go back on my skin improves.
Hope this helps. Cool
Obagivirgin
5% products discount

Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
I went today for my 2 week follow up and the lady had me show her how much I am using and it turns out I am not using enough so I will start using more and see what happens.
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for kd's reply. It made me more confident on using Obagi, coz we don't have an Obagi's agent here.
I could only buy Obagi products from EDS without any consultations from
dermatologists.
kd
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
chorally wrote:
Thanks for kd's reply. It made me more confident on using Obagi, coz we don't have an Obagi's agent here.
dermatologists.

Well thank you chorally.
Surprised
I am currently getting ready for some deep microdermabrasion around my mouth (icky, deep lines) and the plastic surgeon has me using Blender and Retin A .10% and Clear in the evening along with CP's and stuff I purchased from NCN and in the morning Clear and Exfoderm (again along with NCN stuff). My skin is starting to slough and the bleaching is terrific. Basically, just a reminder, that sometimes when we get a bit aggressive for extreme circumstance, we have to get a bit yucky before we get the results we want. Idea
Obagivirgin
5% products discount

Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:25 am      Reply with quote
I'm on day 13 and I woke up this morning with no difference. My neck is fine now no flaking and my face still isn't red. I am using alot of the .01 trention 2x a day im rubbing it in so much that my hands get tired. I don't even have a little flake on my face. Can someone tell me what then experienced the first few days on Obagi nu derm?
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:52 am      Reply with quote
kd wrote:
chorally wrote:
dermatologists.

Well thank you chorally.
Surprised
I am currently getting ready for some deep microdermabrasion around my mouth (icky, deep lines) and the plastic surgeon has me using Blender and Retin A .10% and Clear in the evening along with CP's and stuff I purchased from NCN and in the morning Clear and Exfoderm (again along with NCN stuff). My skin is starting to slough and the bleaching is terrific. Basically, just a reminder, that sometimes when we get a bit aggressive for extreme circumstance, we have to get a bit yucky before we get the results we want. Idea

Kd, would you mind telling me what all you're using from NCN. When summer's over, I want to try some Obagi products for the bleaching effect, but I'm not sure I want to commit to the whole system. TIA!
Obagivirgin
5% products discount

Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:56 am      Reply with quote
[quote="Obagivirgin"][quote="Geminiwoman"]Obagivirgin...

My face still looks great! If you have access and the opportunity...getting a microderm might be helpful. It really got the dead skin off my face fast and effectively. (I had a discount coupon for one for $90). Or, perhaps one of those at home microderm machines might be good too. I may check one of them out...because microderms are expensive![/quote]

Good idea I have an appointment today with my Obagi lady so I will talk to her. The only thing pealing on me is my neck.[/quote]

My face stings when I put the medicine on and my face is RED now can you tell me is it suppose to stink bad?
kd
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:26 am      Reply with quote
Tosca wrote:
kd wrote:
chorally wrote:
dermatologists.

Well thank you chorally.
Surprised

Kd, would you mind telling me what all you're using from NCN. When summer's over, I want to try some Obagi products for the bleaching effect, but I'm not sure I want to commit to the whole system. TIA!

I'm using the microfiber cloth (this is the greatest - leaves my skin smooooooooooth), CP serum and CP accelerator, Squalane (great for moisture), and have a couple of samples of her Botox alternative SPF 30 (which I like), Foaming Cleanser l (which I also like quite a bit and use that when I have a ton of makeup on), and her toner (which I also like and will definitely order a large size when the sample runs out).

I use the CP stuff after I use Clear and either Exfoderm in the AM and after Clean, Blender and Retin A in the evening. I just went through a deep peel on my chinny, chin, chin and after it heals will back off of the Obagi for the summer and use all of the CP stuff in addition to some stuff I use from Anna Bellina (serums, hydrosols and moisturizer).

Other than my chin looking pretty nasty right now from the major scrape off, the rest of my skin is looking better and better - lines around my eyes are disappearing, the big old honkin' pores around my nose are shrinking and I'm happy, happy, happy -- now if someone would just hand me a blank check ...................... Pray
havana8

Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Obagivirgin wrote:
Can someone tell me what then experienced the first few days on Obagi nu derm?

Obagivirgin, these might be helpful...

from EDS member wenrwdy@aol.com: The owner of this website wrote in her journal her exp of Obagi over 42 days. Just to give you an idea of how it goes. She has pics all the way through it til the end. Informative and entertaining!
http://www.yestheyrefake.net/obagi_marianne.htm

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5361&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=13021
Obagivirgin
5% products discount

Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:28 am      Reply with quote
My face hurts and Pimples forming on cheeks and my chin is covered with flakes. I feel so yucky and want to cry.I'm on day 15 and im getting so depressed.
kd
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:59 am      Reply with quote
Obagivirgin wrote:
My face hurts and Pimples forming on cheeks and my chin is covered with flakes. I feel so yucky and want to cry.I'm on day 15 and im getting so depressed.

Just a recommendation, but you might want cut back on the product and give you face a little break. My sister found that she had to ease off a little (as advised by her dermatologist), while my skin is tougher and was able to handle it. It made my sisters skin break out a bit and so on the areas that were breaking out the dermatologist told her to ease off and decrease the amount on the surrounding areas. As her skin calmed down, they started adding back in ... however, she has a tendency toward rosacea on her cheeks and is currently not using any Retin A/Blender on her cheeks.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:37 am      Reply with quote
maybe you are using too much of retin-A? please use only pea-size, not too much...

Obagivirgin wrote:
Hello everyone, I have been on Obagi nu derm for 8 days now and I keep reading how people are red or pink however I have not gotten those results. I am using tretinoin 0.1% twice a day. I have oily skin and the only difference I see in my face is I am more oily. Am I doing something wrong? I talked to the derm the other day and she said to keep doing the same.
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:11 am      Reply with quote
more pimples? flakes? scare me... I am waiting for my obagi (parcel). Confused

Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |