Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Frownies take wrinkles away
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:25 am      Reply with quote
These things are great.I am going to start using them every night.They are very cheap like 12 at walgreens or u can buy on the net. You can use them everywhere you have a line.I put them on the corners of my mouth, forehead and crows feet and when I woke up and took them off I looked 10 years younger.It of course wears off after awhile but with regular use is supposed to really help.Make sure to sleep on your back.Sleeping on the stomach or side is what really gives you wrinkles. Muscles movement gives you wrinkles and this keeps your muscles somewhat still. I heard about a man that was in an accident and the left side of his face was paralyzed.When he was 60 his right side looked like a 60 yr old ma and the left side that was paralyzed looked like he was 16. So keeping muscles still at night will help prevent wrinkles.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:23 am      Reply with quote
These are one of my all-time favorite beauty aids. They've made more of a difference in my skin than anything else I've ever tried.
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:50 am      Reply with quote
I have had the same success with them on 11's and on my forehead. Better than any cream or product I've tried - it completely smooths the skin out - and for a lot less money than Botox!
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Silly question - can I wear my nighttime actives (serums) under these ?
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:55 am      Reply with quote
How long did you use (how many bottles or packages) before you start to see results. I want to buy some for my DH next time we go down to States. Thanks.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Silly question - can I wear my nighttime actives (serums) under these ?

Some people say they have a problem getting them to stay on when they're using their activees. I myself have never had that problem at all.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:03 am      Reply with quote
iaimei wrote:
How long did you use (how many bottles or packages) before you start to see results. I want to buy some for my DH next time we go down to States. Thanks.

Visable results are there the next morning, but they fade out over the day. You will start seeing permanent results within a week or two, depending on how bad the wrinkles are and how observant you are.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Tosca wrote:
iaimei wrote:

Visable results are there the next morning, but they fade out over the day. You will start seeing permanent results within a week or two, depending on how bad the wrinkles are and how observant you are.

Thanks Tosca.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
I have never had a problem with getting them to stick: put all your "night junk" on first and give it plenty of time to sink in.Then moisten the frownie and press down firmly over the area you want the frownie on-I put very firm pressure on for a few seconds and it sticks with no problem.A very wet warm wash cloth pressed on it in the morning and they will peel off easily. I really wish i could get in the habit of using these-it makes a huge difference.When u think of the hundreds of dollars we blow on botox etc these are a just a few cents pr night and no painful injections and swelling and bruising.
Cautious newbie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Can you only buy these in the States? Do we have some sort of equivalent sold in Canada or something else that has the same effect that I can buy in Canada?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Cautious newbie,

I couldn't find them in Canada, so I ordered them from Ebay. I haven't received them yet, so I'll let you know how they work for me.
Chloelee
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, have no idea of what brownies are? Can you guys tell me a bit? Brick wall
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
they are small pieces of brown paper with glue on the back in various sizes ,you glue them on your face at night and you wake up in the morning without wrinkles,or lessened wrinkles. Just google it you can find their website and various websites sell them., they are cheap.I paid like $20 for a whole boxful. i HEARD THEY WERE 12 AT wALGREENS.
Chloelee
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Lucyluc! Gonna find it! Angel
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered these from drugstore.com. They have a box of 144 on sale for $12 something! I have never used the frownies before, but for something that cheap, I am definitely ready to try it!
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:20 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the great tip!!! I live in Vancouver, and have seen them at Save-on (Overwaite). I know that Frownies have been kicking around for years and years, but figured they were probably outdated... apparently I was wrong. I appreciate the tips you've given for application, and because I have a big party coming up, I am going to pick up a pack and try them! Very Happy
rebelgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:41 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
Make sure to sleep on your back.Sleeping on the stomach or side is what really gives you wrinkles.

I try sleeping on my back but I just can't settle Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:38 am      Reply with quote
Debster1000 wrote:
Cautious newbie,

I couldn't find them in Canada, so I ordered them from Ebay. I haven't received them yet, so I'll let you know how they work for me.

Yes, please do let me know if it worth ordering on Ebay!! Can you please tell me your seller's name?

thanks.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Cautious newbie,

I'm a little hesitant to recommend the Ebay seller because I just ordered them and have not received them yet. Just go into Ebay and type in the search "frownies". Only a few sellers are listing these. I got them for about $15.00 Canadian. HTH
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Do they have any sort of active or moisturizer in them, or is their function purely physical/mechanical?
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
melanie haber wrote:
Do they have any sort of active or moisturizer in them, or is their function purely physical/mechanical?

They're purely physical. I'm pretty certain that there aren't any actives in the adhesive, and I know there aren't any moisturizers.
seabliss
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
I use Frownies off and on when I can't afford Botox. They are great for the 11s between the brows. You just need to carefully soak them off in the morning or over time you may get a little discoloration there, or at least I did!

About the Ebay seller--don't know if it's the same one, but I bought Frownies from one and they took over 2 months to arrive. The seller said after I ordered and paid that they were on backorder. By the time I got them it was too late to give negative feedback. I wish I would have bought them elsewhere! One of the only times I've had a bad experience with eBay.
Cautious newbie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:22 am      Reply with quote
Debster1000 wrote:
Cautious newbie,

I'm a little hesitant to recommend the Ebay seller because I just ordered them and have not received them yet. Just go into Ebay and type in the search "frownies". Only a few sellers are listing these. I got them for about $15.00 Canadian. HTH

Thanks. I'll wait for your review.

I wonder if using any sort of tape (that sticks to the skin of course) would accomplish the same thing..

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know what the active ingredients are, or how they work biochemically or physically? This just seems a little freaky to me, and I am also very cautious and a newbie to wrinkle treatment ideas. Any more scientific info y'all have would be oh so welcome - or even info from the packaging!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I wonder if using any sort of tape (that sticks to the skin of course) would accomplish the same thing..

In a word...yes! Although I haven't tried Frownies, I have mentioned on other threads, that 3M's Transpore tape gives the same results. Costs around CDN$6 in the drugstore.

HTH
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |