Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

lips lost color from a drying lipcolor?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rubicon
5% products discount

Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
weeks ago i used a lipcolor, which i never do because of my once-chemically-burned sensitive lips. they were already losing color fast from the edge inward, from the damage to the border years ago.

so my lips got very dry after using this lipcolor, to the point that they developed cut-like lines that go vertically across the whole bottom lip. one even cut through and bled. it's almost healed. so now the normally-small whitish area on the bottom lips (perhaps from chewing them) is a lot larger. it makes the bottom lip look puffy but not in a healthy way, just from the glare of the whitish.

is there any way to remedy this? i'm starting to think maybe i just had an allergic reaction and should've gone to the derm. it just didn't cross my mind, since usually steroid creams are for that and i doubt i could tolerate them. i already had a lot of them on my lips from the initial chemical burn/reaction years ago. i'm trying to save what color i have. there must be some way to restore pigment besides tattooing, but i guess it hasn't been invented yet. (my derm says not to do permanent makeup since i'm so sensitive.)

anyhow, i considered avocado oil, which i read about on this forum. i don't know if anyone knows where to order from to get the unrefined, and a good price if possible. i can't find the unrefined kind in stores. any ideas for this problem would be much appreciated!

thanks.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
Try Garden of Wisdom.. they sell really good stuff for a really good price!!

http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/catalog/item/3987807/3777605.htm

http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/catalog/item/3987807/3777612.htm
rubicon
5% products discount

Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
[edited]
thanks lisey. great price! (and tons of stuff on the site.) and apparently the oil comes from the avocado seed/pit?? wow, i assumed it came from the fruit. is this ok? on many other sites, i read the oil comes from the "pulp" or "flesh". plus it says to use 10 to 20% as a base oil. can i use it full-strength on lips?

also, for anyone who'd know.. maybe steroid creams *would* help? if it's from an allergic reaction?

btw, they look better now that i've been up a few hours. i think upon waking, the swelling just makes the white look much worse. they still need help, though. i've got castor oil on them so far.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Lips2Kiss spa system for about 4 months now and so far my lips have improved by a lot. They are hydrated and more rosy looking. A lot of people on EDS have had great results with it. Although, not everything works the same on everyone. Here's are the raves on it:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=18021&highlight=lips2kiss
rubicon
5% products discount

Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
this woman is a genius! i hope it works for me. i'll have to email her about this because i'm very sensitive.

one thing though - the last photo in Denise's example looks like her top lip is orange. :/
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
Where do you find Denise's photo? I went to Lips2kiss website and couldn't find it. It's probably the camera's lighting that made her lips look orange.
rubicon
5% products discount

Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
[i thought i posted this earlier but it's not here. if a double post happens, i'm sorry!]

this won't let me post the link after all, because i'm "new" (lost my old password so re-registered).

go to Spa LipCare System heading on the left, Why It Works in the list there. you will see the pictures on the right.

also, i notice in Tangal's 2nd photo, the lips seem paler. however, i maybe it's from plumping making the pale more noticeable. i see that later the color filled in. (this isn't letting me post that link either, so if you want to see i can explain how to get the thread.)

i'm still so excited to try this. i have emailed Kandis with questions. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:48 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |