Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Questions about Clarisonic Brush Head
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

After reading Clarisonic Skin Care on EDS can anyone confirm if I got this right? The Delicate Brush Head can be use on the face and body?

Why can't the other two brush heads be used on the body?
LilLoco
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
I believe all three brush heads may be used anywhere you like. As a matter of fact, I would only use the firmer ones on the body. I prefer the softest ("delicate") brush for my face.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, thank you. I'm still thinking about getting one.
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:31 am      Reply with quote
For those of you using this system, is it really worth it??? Over $200.00 for a rotating brush seems excessive...especially when there are much, much cheaper versions on the market.
What makes this so special?? I am intrigued!! Question
lcegelski

Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
I am the inside sales and service supervisor at Clarisonic. The Clarisonic Skin Care Brush is designed for use on all skin types. A choice of brush heads is available to suit different skin types and sensitivities. The Normal brush head is ideal for normal skin and for use on the body. The Sensitive brush is for sensitive skin and the delicate brush head for ultra sensitive skin. All can be used on the face or body.

In regards to the cost of the Clarisonic, the Clarisonic is made by the primary inventor of the Sonicare toothbrush and is the first skin care brush to apply sonic technology. It is not a rotating brush, which has a tendency to pull the skin in one direction and can be abrasive to the skin. The Clarisonic oscillates 10 degrees in either direction and works with the skin’s natural elasticity. For more detailed information, animations and clinical information, visit us at our website.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
I've heard that after a week, the brush can smell. Any advice on how to avoid that?
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
I've heard that after a week, the brush can smell. Any advice on how to avoid that?

I've had my brush since last summer and no problems with the brush head smelling or anything like that. I change the brush head about every three months (as suggested) and after using it each night, just make sure to rinse the head well under the tap. I like the regular brush head the most. For some reason the sensitive brush head felt more rough on my face than the regular ... weird, I know! Smile Anyway, I love how clean this brush makes my skin feel (and I LOVE using it with the Kate Somerville Gentle Daily Wash .. that stuff works awesome with this brush) and it does help with some exfoliation. I haven't noticed it help clear my blackheads though. Sad But nothing has helped alot for that yet.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Moonstarr, do you eat a lot of red meat? My doctor told me to eat less red meat and eat more fish.

I think regular exfoliation would be good for you because in time, the blackheads will come out. If not, you may need vitamin A cream to help your skin out.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
Moonstarr, do you eat a lot of red meat? My doctor told me to eat less red meat and eat more fish.

I think regular exfoliation would be good for you because in time, the blackheads will come out. If not, you may need vitamin A cream to help your skin out.

Does eating more red meat help contribute to blackheads? I do eat alot of red meat, well not every day, but atleast probably 4-5 times a week. Ok, well, maybe that IS alot now that I think about it. Laughing
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info on the technology of the brush.
I used to use a Sonic care toothbrush, so I am familiar with how it works!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Moonstarr wrote:
Skincare wrote:

Does eating more red meat help contribute to blackheads? I do eat alot of red meat, well not every day, but atleast probably 4-5 times a week. Ok, well, maybe that IS alot now that I think about it. Laughing

It was something my dermo told me. He said the fat is harder to digest and if you do suffer from acne and blackheads, to eat more digestable fat like fish.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
I love my Clarisonic! and highly recommend it to my friends and others. The initial investment may be "high" but I think it's worth it. Plug the word "Clarisonic" into the search engine on this forum and you can read many testimonials. Check out some of the before and after pictures on the Clarisonic site as well.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Interesting to know about this product that as you say how amazing its work ...

lunarmm wrote:
I love my Clarisonic! and highly recommend it to my friends and others. The initial investment may be "high" but I think it's worth it. Plug the word "Clarisonic" into the search engine on this forum and you can read many testimonials. Check out some of the before and after pictures on the Clarisonic site as well.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Shoba,

I have definitely seen pore refinement, clearer skin, and even diminished crow's feet aned ll lines when I started to use this product consistently daily. There are a lot of posts on EDS about the Clarisonic so a search would give you feedback from a lot more people. Now, I usually only use it once a day (morning) but am thinking of increasing to twice a day.

This twice a day idea is recent as I recently got Burt's Bees Orange Cleanser and started using it 2 days ago (after reading the raves here on EDS). So far I like using it instead of the cleanser that came with the Clarisonic (which I'm not so hot on but I was using up because I got a full size and travel size with my Clarisonic as part of the purchase).

With the Burt's Bees orange cleanser, I put it on a dry face (1st time I did it on wet skin and didn't feel the massaging in worked as good). I massage it for a while - minutes for OCM. Then I leave it on a bit. Then after a few minutes, I massage the oil again with my hands. Then I wet the Clarisonic brush, use it for 2 minutes. Then rinse. Super clean skin that is not dry!

The Burt's Bees oil mix does seems to help pull plugs out of the pores as people have raved about. And somehow it dried out some pimples that were starting as well...

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
I've had my Clarisonic since April and I love it. Depending on what shape my skin is in will determine what brush head I use but usually I use the sensitive one. Haven't had any problems with odor from the brush head.

Moonstar have you tried NCN Pumpkin Peel for the blackheads, I discovered this product just this past week and it is amazing, did so much more for my skin in 2 applications than KIAJ did in 2 months. Certainly worth a try!
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
mishie wrote:
]Moonstar have you tried NCN Pumpkin Peel for the blackheads, I discovered this product just this past week and it is amazing, did so much more for my skin in 2 applications than KIAJ did in 2 months. Certainly worth a try!

I haven't tried that one. I did have the PSF Pumpkin Peel, but didn't like to use it too much because it always felt like it stung too much (and I don't usually consider my face to be sensitive). Currently I just started using KIAJ. I will keep the NCN Pumpkin Peel in mind if the KIAJ doesn't do much for me (too soon to tell right now). Thanks for the rec! Smile
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:58 am      Reply with quote
Moonstar hope the KIAJ works out for you.
I started using it in April and in the very beginning I was fine with it and then a few weeks later my skin would turn fire red. I guess there was something in it that I couldn't tolerate.
If KIAJ does not work for you definitely try the PP.
Good luck!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |