Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Kate In A Jar or Juice Green Apple peel?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Poll :: Kate In A Jar or Juice Green Apple Peel?

Kate In A Jar
53%
 53%  [ 7 ]
Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel
46%
 46%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 13

FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:20 am      Reply with quote
Which one would you pick for hyper sensitive, combination, breakout prone skin?
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:00 am      Reply with quote
I haven't used the Kate In a Jar, though I have gone through at least 4 jars of the Juice Beauty Peel and I've gone from loving it to realising that apart from being an effective peel it wasn't really doing that much for my skin. My skin sounds similar to yours and the Juice Beauty Peel wasn't helping with my breakouts and if you're prone to redness then the peel may not be the right thing for you.
I recently began to use an aspirin mask instead and I really wished I'd started to use it before. I've had such a problem with continual cystic type bumps appearing under my skin and since I've been using the aspirin mask I haven't had one 'proper' one appear.
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:04 am      Reply with quote
If you have reactive skin KIAJ will turn it fire red and then will calm down in about 30 minutes.

Initially it was fine for my skin and then for no reason I would turn very red after using it.
There were no lasting effects of the redness but I guess I just had some sensitivity to it!
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:19 am      Reply with quote
I actually like Kate in a Jar, and I do have sensitive skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe if KIAJ is too strong, I think Juice Beauty would be better. In fact, I decided if KIAJ did not work for me, I was going to purchase Juice Beauty. The reviews are really good.
KIAJ is working for me so I will stick with that for now. Who knows? Maybe in the winter KIAJ would be too strong and then I can get Juice Beauty.

BTW, I read in this Spa magazine that both lines are very good.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried Kate In A Jar. I'm currently alternating between Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel and Neutrogena Acne Mark Fading Peel.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
So everyone's opinoin is KIAJ is stronger that JB's green apple peel?
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:12 am      Reply with quote
I LOVE the Juice Beauty Line, and use the Green Apple peel. I am extremely happy with it, and use the regular strength peel. There is however, a sensitive version as well which may be better for you.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:52 am      Reply with quote
I've never tried neither one of the peels as I have very sensitive skin. If you have hyper sensitive skin, why not go for a more gentle peel like Pevonia Enzymo-Spheride Peeling Cream? It's very gentle and has never caused me problems unless I leave it on for too long.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
i havent used kate in a jar...yet! but i have used juice beauty's green apple peel and i dont find it that amazing.
long time ago, i used the sensitive one- no good at all, didnt see ANY improvements. then cos everyone here was raving about the full strength one, i decided to give it a try...and yes, it smoothed out my skin but it wasnt WOW, i see better results with psf pumpkin peel.
however, i am definately gonna try kate in a jar tho, probably sometime next month tho

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe I need to try Pumpkin Peel also! Very Happy
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare I ordered it Laughing

I am just waiting for it to arrive and will let you know how it compares to KIAJ!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
mishie wrote:
Skincare I ordered it Laughing

I am just waiting for it to arrive and will let you know how it compares to KIAJ!

That is great! I can't wait for you to update us. Very Happy
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
i havent used kate in a jar...yet! but i have used juice beauty's green apple peel and i dont find it that amazing.
long time ago, i used the sensitive one- no good at all, didnt see ANY improvements. then cos everyone here was raving about the full strength one, i decided to give it a try...and yes, it smoothed out my skin but it wasnt WOW, i see better results with psf pumpkin peel.
however, i am definately gonna try kate in a jar tho, probably sometime next month tho

I heard NCN pumpkin peel is a lot better and stronger than PSF pumpkin peel. Have you tried it?
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
Lisey wrote:
yeahyeah wrote:

I heard NCN pumpkin peel is a lot better and stronger than PSF pumpkin peel. Have you tried it?

i have looked at thier website and read some great stuff here, but it sounds a bit too strong for my skin. i got really tough skin but 30% sounds too much

5% products discount

Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
I have used KIAJ but not the Juice beauty but love the Kate one..you can really feel the enzymes working and it says that if you get a little redness, which I didn't, it will disappear shortly as it is from rubbing the product around...it took away any blackheads and overall made my skin feel clean and very smooth!
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
FaithTruth wrote:
Which one would you pick for hyper sensitive, combination, breakout prone skin?
My skin is sensitive, on the dry side and breakout prone. I loved KIAJ, but it dried my skin even more. I have switched to KS Enzyme Mask, which is supposed to be for dry/sensitive skin. This is a better fit for me. I didn't love the JB Green Apple Peel -- I missed the granules that KS Enzyme Mask has.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:

I'm dying to buy KIAJ..the order is sitting in my file waiting for me to "push the order button" so to speak...I'd HATE to dish out the dollars for KIAJ only to find out that it isn't more effective than the PSF pumpkin peel...What is it exactly that sets the KIAJ apart from everything else? Yeah Yeah, I'll be waiting like a puppy for you to compare KIAJ with PSF pumpkin peel!!
puds
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:27 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
yeahyeah wrote:

I'm dying to buy KIAJ..the order is sitting in my file waiting for me to "push the order button" so to speak...I'd HATE to dish out the dollars for KIAJ only to find out that it isn't more effective than the PSF pumpkin peel...What is it exactly that sets the KIAJ apart from everything else? Yeah Yeah, I'll be waiting like a puppy for you to compare KIAJ with PSF pumpkin peel!!
puds

Laughing i was waiting for someone to compare them too!
but i wont be ordering mine til prob the end of this month or next month...but it is really expensive, nearly £43...im trying not to spend more than £35 on any one product!
hmm im really not sure why KIAJ is so sought after but as always... i wanna try it! i know that skincare loves it and did a great review on it in the product review forum

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:25 am      Reply with quote
If you have sensitive skin, I would recommend that if you go the juice beauty route, that you try the green apple peel sensitive version.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
I cannot comment on Juice Beauty's Apple Peel b/c I have never used it but having tried KIAJ and NCN Pumpkin Peel I would without a doubt recommend the Pumpkin Peel over KIAJ.

My skin was not only softer with greater clarity but the pores on my nose disappeared and no redness after!
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
To be fair this poll should have all three - Juice has two peels, the sensitive and the regular. I'd recommend you their sensitive one. Or just don't peel at all if you're sensitive! Smile

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Yeahyeah. I hope it works for everyone and if not, I'm sure there is something else out there for the most sensitive.
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:39 am      Reply with quote
i just tried a sample of KIAJ last night and i love it! i tried juice beauty green apple peel for sensitive skin and it always felt like burning and was always red and i didnt see much exfoliation with it.. but this morning when i woke up after using KIAJ last night my skin is very smooth and even! i really like the grain texture and that it is so quick i didnt have to wait 10+ min for it to get to work
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't like that the Juice Apple Peel always left my face red afterwards, but the KIAJ sounds like a good alternative.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |