Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

C + E serums
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
snowie_bunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:12 am      Reply with quote
LJ604 wrote:
snowie_bunny wrote:
I really want to try C + E ferulic, but I am afraid to get hook on it. It is pricy for a small bottle.

I personally did not think it was worth the money. If you are prone to breakouts I wouldn't suggest it. For myself, it caused me to breakout after a week and a 1/2 of using it.

Thank you for sharing. I might have to ask for a sample first. Problem is I never see they giving out any sample.
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:56 am      Reply with quote
snowie_bunny,

Many sellers on Ebay sell samples of this serum.
I agree, it's always good to try samples first to see how your skin responds.
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Wow those are all so expensive! Do serums really need to be that pricey?

I bought a trial size of Candescence's C+E ferulic. I don't know how much affect it had, I only used it for a couple weeks. Vit C serums don't really do a whole lot for me in general though.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
I think the Skinceuticals C+E Ferulic is a great product, if your skin can handle it. I too, experienced breakouts and areas of congestion whilst using it. I then went onto using the Skinceuticals AOX 20, which I actually purchased by mistake, but I really like it. It seems to suit my skin much more than the C+E Ferulic.
Snowie Bunny you may find that once you find a serum you like that you'll find it more convenient to just purchase a whole sample pack if you can find a seller. The contents don't seem to go off as quickly that way and you don't end up throwing away half the bottle because it's turned.
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
Why would vit C cause breakouts or clogged pores? I thought it helps clear skin up?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:43 am      Reply with quote
Because I have skin that is prone to clogging, I found that Vivier C+ E is best for enjoying the benefits of Vit C and avoiding any breakouts or congestion that some of these serums can cause as it is non-comedogenic. Although admittedly, I cant really see any visible effects of having used Vit C for the past couple of years. I have photo-sensitive skin so continue to have freckles and pigmentation, although the consolation is they have not really darkened. I am just hoping th longer term benefits of Vit C will come through in slowing the ageing process in time.
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:23 am      Reply with quote
mojocat wrote:
Because I have skin that is prone to clogging, I found that Vivier C+ E is best for enjoying the benefits of Vit C and avoiding any breakouts or congestion that some of these serums can cause as it is non-comedogenic. Although admittedly, I cant really see any visible effects of having used Vit C for the past couple of years. I have photo-sensitive skin so continue to have freckles and pigmentation, although the consolation is they have not really darkened. I am just hoping th longer term benefits of Vit C will come through in slowing the ageing process in time.

mojocat, can you tell me more about this serum and your benefits? I'm using the Vivier 10 and loving it and was considering to buy the c20% next. I also looked at the c+e but couldn't find reviews or list of ingredients (including the % of the E vit in it). I really want to try and get the benefits of the E too but so many say it breaks them out.
mojocat
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi Ibianca, i believe Viver C+E is 10% potent-C. While it does not seem to get much coverage on this forum, i was drawn to it because its labelling specifies it as non comodogenic and that is pretty much my magic word. And for me, it really does not clog pores whereas other Vit C havent really been as well-accepted by my skin. Like I said though, I am still a sceptic of Vit C becos Im not very sensitive to picking up subtle improvements in my complexion and Im only sticking to it bcos the benefits are so well-advertised (very naive, yes!) and perhaps longer-term such that you will appreciate having regularly used it only in 10yrs time sort of thing (overly hopeful?). Well, thing is, combined with the rest of my skincare routine, it keeps the condition of my skin relatively stable, ie no darkening of pigmentation, no breakouts, relatively smooth bar clogs but again, nature of my skin that I cant change, can only control. I dont get a glow like many lucky members here, but like i said, im not good at picking that up, unless my face went flourescent, i couldn't tell. Perhaps my freckled skin just doesnt allow glow to come through? I dont know. But on a more optimistic note, I am going to try SkinMedica 15%. Perhaps a higher % Vit C helps? I dont know if it will clog me, but I cant find any other 15% out there that says non comodogenic.
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
mojocat wrote:
Hi Ibianca, i believe Viver C+E is 10% potent-C. While it does not seem to get much coverage on this forum, i was drawn to it because its labelling specifies it as non comodogenic and that is pretty much my magic word. And for me, it really does not clog pores whereas other Vit C havent really been as well-accepted by my skin. Like I said though, I am still a sceptic of Vit C becos Im not very sensitive to picking up subtle improvements in my complexion and Im only sticking to it bcos the benefits are so well-advertised (very naive, yes!) and perhaps longer-term such that you will appreciate having regularly used it only in 10yrs time sort of thing (overly hopeful?). Well, thing is, combined with the rest of my skincare routine, it keeps the condition of my skin relatively stable, ie no darkening of pigmentation, no breakouts, relatively smooth bar clogs but again, nature of my skin that I cant change, can only control. I dont get a glow like many lucky members here, but like i said, im not good at picking that up, unless my face went flourescent, i couldn't tell. Perhaps my freckled skin just doesnt allow glow to come through? I dont know. But on a more optimistic note, I am going to try SkinMedica 15%. Perhaps a higher % Vit C helps? I dont know if it will clog me, but I cant find any other 15% out there that says non comodogenic.

Thanks mojocat. I have the Vivier 20% and the C+E on my list both. It's just that I'd like to know I'm not paying a bundle and get zits as extra, lol. Very Happy
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:01 am      Reply with quote
If you have reactive/sensitive skin, use with care. I got a terrible, terrible rash from Vivier C/E. Spread all over, even though I just used a little. Only went away with a strong prescription steroid cream. Get a sample.
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:23 am      Reply with quote
jakee wrote:
If you have reactive/sensitive skin, use with care. I got a terrible, terrible rash from Vivier C/E. Spread all over, even though I just used a little. Only went away with a strong prescription steroid cream. Get a sample.

god, you're scaring me Shock

I have a sample of the SC ce ferulic and I've tried it a few times - no zits at all so far.

I don't know what to think Embarassed
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:28 am      Reply with quote
lbianca wrote:
jakee wrote:

god, you're scaring me Shock

I have a sample of the SC ce ferulic and I've tried it a few times - no zits at all so far.

I don't know what to think Embarassed

Sounds like you don't have the problem/reaction I did.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Don't be scared! I think it depends on the individual. my mom has super sensitive skin and has never reacted to skinceuticals c + e. it is pricey though, so i would definitely try a sample before buying.

skim--i think you don't see any results with c serums because you're still young. it's mainly preventative for younger skin.

i am on the fence about home-made/small business c serums. i am not sure if they are as effective, i am using a small business serum alternating with my SC c + e but i am not sure if i would repurchase the home made serum. i need to do more research.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Cadia wrote:
Discount Code
OT777
Have a great evening.
Katrina"

Thank you so much for posting the discount code! I just used it and it still works!!! Smile The free shipping + no tax/duties are definitely a big plus!!
Tea
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried this product and/or have an opinion? I want to try a CE serum and am wondering about this one. I notice it's Ascorbic rather than L-Ascorbic with a note about it being water soluble vit C. Will it be effective? I wonder if SC CE is the same? Not sure of the % of vit C either. Thanks!

Diana Yvonne Spin Trap C & E Serum
From the web site:
Spin Trap contains a unique blend of water soluble vitamin C (protects the cytoplasm) and oil soluble vitamin E (protects the cell membranes) which can help turn back the clock on aging.

The combination digests free radicals:

Stimulates new collagen
Increases skin's elasticity
Improves the firmness and tone; thus, reducing the fine lines of aging.
Lightens the skin, improves blemished or blotchy complexion
Reduces the risk of sunburn*
Spin Trap can reduce your sunburn risk by stopping the free radicals from spinning during ultraviolet light exposure. The free radicals attach themselves to Vitamins C and E instead of attaching to your skin (causing cell damage).

Ingredients: SD Alcohol 40, Purified Water, Propylene Glycol, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lactic Acid Glycine, Insoitol, Fructose, Niacinamide, Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA, Urea, Hydroxylpropylcellulose, Sodium Benzoate.
LionQueen
5% products discount

Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:51 am      Reply with quote
I'm using Spin Trap as well ... it's actually a Vivant product, but DY has been selling it for awhile.

I'm using it in conjunction with mandelic acid and SuperCop 2x for skin remodeling. Things are going well so far, but I'm only 3 weeks into my new routine, so it's way too early to make a call.

That said ... I do like Spin Trap so far. My skin has a nice healthy glow, and I've had no troubles with irritation.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |