Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

dry patch of skin... what is it?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:32 am      Reply with quote
I have a dry patch of skin behind my neck. It is small, dry, turns red and lasts for a long time. Some days it is more irritating and red than others, some other days it is not really even noticeable.

lately these past couple of days i see a new one forming on the front of my neck. I'm not sure what this is. It is just a patch of dry skin it looks like, but no matter what creams i put on it, it doesnt go away. It looks kind of leathery, reddish, flaky

Anybody know what this might be?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:35 am      Reply with quote
been wearing some new jewellery? change of washing powder or shampoo? Could also be a food allergy maybe.

could also be a skin fungus. If you have any Canesten creme you could try that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:48 am      Reply with quote
nope, no new shampoo or jewelery

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Could it be eczema?
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
BCgirl I can' believe your timing in posting this as I too have the same patch but as well as behing my ear I have them on my stomach and back, at first I thought they may be small excema or phyriosis due to my system being down.
I have started Vitamin A/Fish Oil supplements B vitamins, Zinc (I have been on a supplement break) and am trying to get some sun to the afflicted areas.
Also dairy, wheat and yeast foods do aggrivate I have oticed.
It is just frustrating as these tiny patches take ages to clear, I am still searching for what they actually are.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
When I was younger I had a patch on my neck that sounds similar to what your describing. Quickly mine spread around my entire neck and my face. Mine turned out to be seborrheic dermatitis. If it carries on then if you can get yourself to a dermatologist. You may want to think about having an allergy test aswell.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
This sounds like eczema... I just bought oil of oregano to see if it'll help my eczema. You can get it at http://www.bio-alternatives.net/buyoregano.htm.
SnowWhite
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
I've also found that a gel form of baby oil works well. Might be a little easier to get if you are in a pinch Smile
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Lisey wrote:
This sounds like eczema... I just bought oil of oregano to see if it'll help my eczema. You can get it at http://www.bio-alternatives.net/buyoregano.htm.

Do you take it internally or apply it externally to the irritated area?

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
Lisey wrote:

Do you take it internally or apply it externally to the irritated area?

It can be used both ways. I should get mine sometime this week. Will let you know how it goes. I got the strongest one, carvacrol of 93%.
http://www.carvacrol-ex.com/
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:58 am      Reply with quote
I have eczema and my doctor prescribed Diprobase Cream (also available OTC, I believe) for such a patch on my stomach. It helped over a period of time and cleared it up.

But I found that Proderm Dermatological Mousse (I bought mine in Boots a couple of years ago), although more expensive, worked faster and was much more effective.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:59 am      Reply with quote
what causes eczema?
this is what i initially thought to.
My newest dry spot seemed to have occured over-night. I was out in the sun, and got a bit burnt. The next day i was scratching my neck because it was irritated from the sun burn. And now i have this reddish dry spot that wouldnt go away no matter how much i put cream on it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
I had a patch (about the size of the end of a pencil) on my upper arm. It was slightly red and had a dry feel to it. I assumed it was some sort of fungal infection and applied Nizoral to it for a few minutes every day. It has now completely gone. I have no idea why it appeared in that particular area, particularly as I haven't tried on any clothes in shops or been swimming or anything. Just glad that it has gone. Regarding the fish oils, I had been taking an antioxidant combined with fish oils when I got this, I'm not sure if it's a coincidence.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
right now im applying canesten yeast infection cream onto the spot in hopes that maybe this will work

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:00 am      Reply with quote
According to this website, "Eczema cannot be cured, but you can prevent some types of eczema by avoiding irritants, stress and the things you are allergic to."

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/eczema.html
ritas
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hey,
It happened to me also but on my cheeks and chin area.
Are you using any product having glycolic acid in it. Cos for me that was the case.

Just check all lotions or cremes for this ingredient that u might be applying on ur problematic area.

For some of the area it aggravates the peeling so much and skin becomes very sensitive to sun and cause itching and redness and even indoor also.

I used lippu oil on it and it healed.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
I had a couple of patches like that on my neck at one stage and thought it was caused by a reaction to a product I had used. I tried a few different creams over a couple of days and nothing worked. Then I used Remergent Barrier Repair on my neck and the patches disappeared.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:49 am      Reply with quote
i've heard that zinc will help--why don't you put an excellent zinc oxide physical sunscreen there, take zinc supplements, and see what happens?

there are really expensive eczema treatments with zinc in them, but i don't see why you can't use something like a ss that has a high concentration of it as its active ingredient.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |