Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lips 2 Kiss Color Systems
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Geminiwoman
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone used the "penetrable lip color" from Lips 2 Kiss? I am interested in the Spa system...and thought I might as well buy some lip color while I'm at it. Does it last on your lips? I really don't like to keep putting on lipstick all day.

How is the lip gloss? How long does it last?

Thanks much for sharing your experiences Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried the penetrable colour because the colours are all too dark for me. I have tried the Sexy Mama gloss which I love the colour, but it doesn't last long. I've been doing the system for 2-1/2 months and I guess since my lips aren't fully rejuvenated, the gloss absorbs too quickly.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:57 am      Reply with quote
Heres a post I made on the Lips2kiss thread-

I do use the Lip2Kiss Lip Gloss often, but not daily. I also have some of the Penitratable lip colors, but use them less often.

When I first started "working" on my lips with this system, they were not "moist" enough to use the Penetratable colors effectively, so they did not work as well.

I was always able to easily use the glosses however. Their (gloss) color fades faster, but you should be reapplying them every 20/30 minutes anyway - especially while you are new to the system.

But now my lips are fully "repaired" and the Penetratable colors work much better, look better, however I still have difficulty finding a "perfect" color match that suits me well.

I am very warm toned, fair, pale lips, hazel eyed, currently red/copper hair, and use sunless tanners. So warmer colors suit me best.

In the P Color line I can use the Sonoma Sun if applied lightly. Applied thick it is to orange on me.
I sometimes top it with a VERY light coat of the Pearl, as I want a softer look, but not the frost effect. That can help some if applyed to darkly. But the Pearl is a frost, which I don't like. So a light coat is ok, a heavy coat is not, on me.

I also have the Napa Wine which is to purple cool for me, and the Palm Desert Pink one which it to pink, though it works fine if I use it as a faint wash of color. Still playing with it, as I only recently received it.

I don't wear them often, maybe once or twice a week at most, when I need a "long wearing" type color. But they can be worn more often.

They (Penitratable Colors)are more like a watercolor paint sort of effect, that you then top with a clear color gloss coat. Simular in feel to a long wearing two step comercial paint on product or lip stain, but without the damaging ingrediant base. (I understand Kandis is experimenting with some "other" colored top coats and glazes as well, incluiding some with shimmer - yeah!)

But unlike commercial products they will not prevent moisture penetration of the lips, nor hamper your lip repair process.

The glosses are much like the Night Glase in feel and texture - with added color.
I like both colors, but the Sexy Mama is my favorite. However I wear both, sometimes together.

I do not wear colors daily, however I certainly can if needed. Depending on where you are at in the rejuvenation process would dictate your product choices.

The glosses will work better for those early in the process, but you are currently limited on colors. The Sexy Mama does work well with most skin types, and I sometimes wear it over the P. Colors which looks nice also. Though your Peniratable colors will fade faster that way.

You can wear the P colors early also, but you may need to apply them on lips after applying your L2K products, which will cause them to fade faster. But will give a "softer" color effect. So this is also one way to soften the color if needed.

The colors are not like a typicial lipstick in waxy creamy feel. The gloss is like a regular non sticky gloss, but will only last about 20-30 minutes. (less if lips are still not retaining moisture well) But that is what it is supposed to do, as you should be reapplying every 20-30 minutes durning the repair process. You can apply more often. As lips repair more they will hold moisture better, and either color product will wear better/longer. It gets better. Wink

The P colors last longer, and you reapply the clear color coat on top every 20-30 minutes. But before lips are well rejuvinated, the P color may not look as nice on lips, looking to "dry"
linda123
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi

I wear the penetrable colors everyday and it takes time to master the way to put them on and it takes the time to get your lips in good condition so they go on relatively smoothly. In my opinion, lipstick is much easier to apply, but the effort is worth using this system. The color will last all day, your lips look bigger, puffier and healthier - so be patient, it's worth it.

Linda
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
Linda,
How do you remove the colour at the end of the day?
I used the lip colour only once (Pacific Pearl), and I had a really hard time removing it at the end of the day.
(So I guess the answer to the first question is - yes, the colour will last you the whole day, through all the drinks and meals you have).
R.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
linda123
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:08 am      Reply with quote
Try using some oil or eye make up remover or sometimes I will use a pumice implement that they make for feet and it comes right off.

Linda
Geminiwoman
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
Just got my L2K kit... when you use this...do you have to use only their products for lipstick? I got some colored Night Glaze (were running a special)...and will use that during the day. But, I'm wondering if I should pitch all of my other lip stick/tint???

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
I'd say get rid of 'em. Once you are used to the feel of the system. You'll have nothing less. Kandis recommends you don't use any other lip products, ie., lipstick, lip gloss, lip tint or manual pulling of the lips, for this to work more effectively (although others have strayed from L2K with some results). If you are looking for plumpness, Kandis recommends you use the tint over the creme for the first month, but the gloss you can use alone if needed. You won't get the same effect, either, as using the system straight up. The colored Night glaze's are just as effective as the clear, from what I understand. Kandis recommends you use the clear NG for your nightly routine. The blow dry step can be done in the am, as well. Kandis says that it must be done every 24 hrs. HTHs.
You will love your lips if you stick with it. Even when you forget to apply regularly.

Edit: I forgot to answer your original question. As for me, the tint lasted until I tried to wash it off. I must add that before my colored NG's - I didn't apply my glaze as recommended, which I think made the tint last longer. And, for me, the lip gloss was useless. It absorbed faster and made my lips feel dryer.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks ladies!!! I just finished my first week on L2K...and while I don't really see any difference in my lips yet...they are definitely going through a rejuvination process. They got fairly dry after about 3 days...and I've been using my NG incessantly! I've also been in contact with Kandis at least 6 times with questions. She's fantastic! I've never had such personalised attention! I'm now also alternating days w/LG and LC...and my lips are starting to become moister...can't wait to see if the lines on them go away and they get plumper. I have such skinny little lips Crying or Very sad I know their natural color has faded over time too...when I was in college people would ask me what color lipstick I had on...and I never used lipstick, only clear gloss or a chapstick-like product. Now, they are pretty pale...so hopefully they'll get some natural color back. Thanks so much for all the info and sharing your experiences w/me. Gives me the incentive to stick to it...not even minding the blowdrying nightly. Hugs!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Bumping this thread up for any new input.

Are any of you using the coloured night glazes during the day?
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:33 am      Reply with quote
I use the colored nigh glazes in the vivid/rich colors daily. I love them.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:43 am      Reply with quote
ah! that's what I was hoping to hear, Tangal!

And you can wear them straight away, at the start of the system, yes?
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:46 am      Reply with quote
yes you can wear them from day one. They are sheer colors, like a commercial gloss. So if you want more depth, ask Kandis to give you a vivid/rich color version of the shade you want. That is still sheer - not opaque, but a richer color. I really like them, they have a bit of shimmer, but not chunks or pieces of glitter in them (or at least mine do)
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:55 am      Reply with quote
This is is fantastic news for me, about to start the system and not ready to face the world without coloured lips!
Thanks Tangal.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:56 am      Reply with quote
I understand. Good Luck to you. I have had nice results with the system, and glad I stuck with it.
Geminiwoman
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
I too have had really good results! Have been using it about 2 1/2 months so far...and I use the colored NG's during the day...I would suggest ordering them in the richer/darker version (just type that is the kind you want in the comment section).

Kandis is great too! Her customer service is outstanding, and she will give you all the support you could ever need.

Enjoy your fabulous new lips!

Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |