Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Anyone tried Mona Vie or Via Viente (antioxidant drinks)?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
rcascone
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:17 am      Reply with quote
I've recently learned of both of these antioxidant drinks and am wondering if anyone has tried either of them and if so, has it had any effect on their skin?

Could you take something like this and make a mask or something with it to get the effects on your skin from the outside? Just curious!

Both are sold through MLM, but if they work, then I don't really care!

Thanks!
Renee
www.viaviente.com www.monavie.com

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting that you would bring up Mona Vie. My son introduced me to to Mona Vie. I was a bit skeptical. I'm in the health and fitness field and have been for over 30 years and have seen a ton of products that report all sorts of great results (in fact, if you want to know the magic bullet I do have the secret ... just ask). In addition, I have had some serious health concerns and have taken all sorts of products.
Confused
Then my sister emailed me that she started using Mona Vie and had some amazing results. Her intent was to feel healthier and more energetic, but she found that some knee issues started to dissipate and her skin looks more vibrant.
I have some in my fridge and couldn't figure out why I had so much energy the other day ... it was the one time I tried the product. Coincidence??????? Not sure ... but now I'm going to find out Neutral and will let you know.

I'm on a mission.
rcascone
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
kd wrote:
Interesting that you would bring up Mona Vie. My son introduced me to to Mona Vie. I was a bit skeptical. I'm in the health and fitness field and have been for over 30 years and have seen a ton of products that report all sorts of great results (in fact, if you want to know the magic bullet I do have the secret ... just ask). In addition, I have had some serious health concerns and have taken all sorts of products.
Confused
Then my sister emailed me that she started using Mona Vie and had some amazing results. Her intent was to feel healthier and more energetic, but she found that some knee issues started to dissipate and her skin looks more vibrant.
I have some in my fridge and couldn't figure out why I had so much energy the other day ... it was the one time I tried the product. Coincidence??????? Not sure ... but now I'm going to find out Neutral and will let you know.

I'm on a mission.

Magic bullet? Do tell....

I bought a bottle of the Mova Vie but realized it only lasts a week! If it does something amazing, then I guess it's worth it, but it sure is pricey!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:15 am      Reply with quote
You may not like this, but exercise and diet is the magic bullet.

Here's the prescription:
Your shape is determined by what you do ...
Your size is determined by what you eat ...
exercise and eat to create the shape and size you feel comfortable with.

Sorry ... no magic pill.
11vie

Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:04 am      Reply with quote
i agree there is no such thing as quick fix..
if you want to get it right do it the hardway.
sounds scary?
carmina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:28 am      Reply with quote
I am thinking, drinking some fruit juice, or just eating more fruit maybe an alternate choice Very Happy
Some natural fruit and vegetable, such as pomegranate, carrot, contains a lot of antioxidants.
Is that a healthier way?
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Mona vie is way overpriced for fruit juice. Also, the MLM just turns me off.

Get a Vita-Mix and make your own juice fresh. It keeps the fiber unlike other juicers.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
If you read the stats about the antioxidant ratings on the various foods, you would realize that the Acai berry is untouchable! You can't make your own juice, the amount you would have to drink would make you gain weight from all of the Carbs. Monavie only has 10Grams per serving.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:39 am      Reply with quote
I agree that its overpriced for what you get.
DH tried and didnt notice any benefit from it.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Here are some articles for anyone considering this:

Quote:
Is $40 ‘super fruit’ juice really good for you?
Business claims drink offers immunity boost — but hasn’t proven it

A lab test arranged by The Associated Press found its antioxidant power to be on par with other fruit juices.
An independent lab test performed for The Associated Press shows XanGo's antioxidant strength is no better than other readily available fruit juices, yet it costs nearly $40 a bottle. XanGo insists mangosteen contains other beneficial chemicals.

"My big concern with XanGo is that the business has gone a long way without showing any benefit in human trials," said Wayne Askew, director of the Division of Nutrition of the University of Utah's College of Health.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23071982

Quote:

A Drink’s Purple Reign
Devotees claim MonaVie cures their ills and makes them millionaires. But is it just hype in a bottle?

Flanked by a Ferrari, a Maserati, a Bentley, a Rolls-Royce and a Lamborghini, Dallin Larsen paced the stage, swigging deeply from a bottle in his hand. "I'll tell you what," said the tanned 49-year-old, opening his arms to the 4,000-person crowd, people are "looking for something they can count on, they can depend on, that's constant." The stirring scene would not be out of place at a megachurch revival—except Larsen's event, organized this June in Orlando, Fla., was bent on earning sales rather than salvation. The object of hope was not God but a dark purple fruit juice called MonaVie.
Larsen, for his part, realizes that his sales team can get him in hot water with the Feds. A 20-year-veteran of the multi-level marketing industry, he left a senior post at another juice company in 2002, a year before the FDA destroyed the company's "bogus products" that were being falsely promoted to treat "cancer, arthritis and attention deficit disorder."

http://www.newsweek.com/id/150499

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
bugaboo wrote:
If you read the stats about the antioxidant ratings on the various foods, you would realize that the Acai berry is untouchable! You can't make your own juice, the amount you would have to drink would make you gain weight from all of the Carbs. Monavie only has 10Grams per serving.

The fiber in the Vita-Mix juice offsets the carbs, as per Weight Watchers research. Cheaper, fresher and more fiber than Mona Vie. Plus no pushy sales people!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
bugaboo wrote:

The fiber in the Vita-Mix juice offsets the carbs, as per Weight Watchers research. Cheaper, fresher and more fiber than Mona Vie. Plus no pushy sales people!

Never heard of eating fibre to offset carbs, thats a new one. As someone who competes in Fitness, I am aware of how carbs, especially simple carbs are damaging to the physique.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
bugaboo wrote:
fawnie wrote:
bugaboo wrote:

Never heard of eating fibre to offset carbs, thats a new one. As someone who competes in Fitness, I am aware of how carbs, especially simple carbs are damaging to the physique.

Fiber slows the absorption of the carbs, therefore limiting the blood sugar spikes, etc.

But you would need a lot of fiber to offset the carbs in any kind of fruit juice...I personally avoid all juices myself for that reason.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:42 am      Reply with quote
It's funny how people are also looking to lose weight have more energy and feel healthier and complain about the price of products that do work and think nothing about spending money on a bottle of wine that does nothing but make you gain weight! Monavie works! I had digestive problems and couldn't eat dairy or eggs, those products severly consipated me and I had to abuse laxatives just to get it out of my system. I have taken Monavie only 1/4 cup per day and I can eat all the eggs and dairy I want and I am totally regular! That got rid of my bloated gut. No, I don't sell Monavie.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
I tried monavie all I got was major heartburn.

You can get a really good acai juice at walmart or sam's club and its only 5 bucks. Its by Genesis Today.They have a resveratrol juice also.

On the bottle it states

Supports Healthy: Skin, Hair and Nails*, Weight Control*, Energy and Endurance*, & Again and Longevity*. Every 8 Oz Serving Contains: 24,000 Mg of Acai, Liquid Vitamins, Liquid Minerals & Essential Fatty Acids. *These Statements Have Not Been Evaluated By The ...
twittermonavie

Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
I am taking MonaVie drinks and found good results.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:49 am      Reply with quote
twittermonavie wrote:

With a name like twittermonavie are we supposed to take that as an unbiased opinion? I suppose you aren't selling monavie???

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
twittermonavie wrote:

With a name like twittermonavie are we supposed to take that as an unbiased opinion? I suppose you aren't selling monavie???

Neither are any of the other one-post wonders, lol. Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
twittermonavie wrote:

Neither are any of the other one-post wonders, lol. Rolling Eyes

Of course not, they are all just genuine posts and truly love this product and just had to join and share! Bad Grin Rolling Eyes Bad Grin

Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
I drink Mona Vie..so does my hubby..and the kids...Yes, I was unsure of this product at first. I knew of the results an elderly friend of mine had with her arthitis. I figured, what the heck and I tried a bottle. I noticed right away how my complexion cleared up. At 40 it's embarassing to have blotches and zits still.

Mona Vie is so easy to sneak some health into the kids day. They like my "smoothies". Hopefully it will help with the kids complexion too as they go into their teen years.

I signed up as a rep to get the added benefit of the money factor. Why not..who knows...
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |