Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Products to help heal bad reactions?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kwells

Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi everybody, I'm new just signed up here. However I've lurked on here for a long time. I'm overall unhappy with my skin, and am looking to revamp my current routine. I only use products from IE at the moment, because they're the only products I've ever found that hasn't sent my sensitivity into overdrive.

There's products I've read about on here, that I want to try, however I'm worried about being sensitive to them. So I was just wondering for those with sensitive skin, what helps your skin heal from a bad reaction?

Since I'm looking to add new products in, and possibly go with products that are rougher on the skin than I'm currently using, I'm really just looking for a product that can help either cut the sensitivity down, or help heal it after it occurs.

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed, however I did do a search and couldn't find anything on it. Title wise, anyways. Most were about acne, and/or product reviews of products that are ok for sensitive skin.
siriusalien
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:49 am      Reply with quote
I too have sensative/reactive skin and always keep a cortisone cream handy. Some are available OTC.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:52 am      Reply with quote
I keep Obagi Active (has cortisone in it) for help. Also Decleor Harmonie Soothing Cream is a dream. I just back off and use Purpose gentle face wash or Cetaphil, give it a few days with a non-irritating cream and see how it reacts.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi Kwells and welcome Smile

For me copper peptideds and emu oil is my save all. When I have been stupid and burned my self (and I'm talking sun, cooker and acid peels!) copper peps and emu have seen me through. For general everyday skin use you need to start slowly on copper peptides though.

Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:59 am      Reply with quote
OK thanks Smile. I've heard lots of good things about Cetaphil, but never gotten around to getting it. I'll have to get some whenever I send in my order for drugstore. Can I get the Obagi Active/Decleor here from EDS? I'd rather buy everything in one place rather than from many different websites.

Thank you, guapagirl Smile. I haven't read much about copper peptides, what do they help with? Just overall healing of the skin? I've heard great things about Emu Oil, as well. But I have this thing with oils, where I always feel like it's going to break me out (since pretty much everything under the sun does!) Where would I be able to find copper peptides and emu oil? Preferably one that wasn't gotten in an inhumane way.
Maureenall
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Elemis SOS if you can get it. My daughter has very sensitive, reactive skin and swears by this.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:50 am      Reply with quote
you can get copper peptides and emu oil from the skinbio site, but it is a nightmare to navigate. I get mine from dianayvonne.com but NCN professional skincare also sells CPs. I'm afraid there is no humane way of getting emu oil. They aren't lipo'ed I'm afraid! Squalene is a good alternative though apparantly.

CPs are used in wound healing and emu is a good anti inflammatory. I think some people get break outs but most find it pretty helpful

Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:02 am      Reply with quote
When I got a chemical burn on my face, I mixed aloe vera gel and emu oil and applied 3 times a day until it healed.

Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all of the suggestions Smile.

I'll have to pass on the Emu Oil, however. I prefer to use products that aren't tested on animals, nor gotten in an inhumane way.

I do currently use the Squalane from IE, and it really is wonderful.

I'll definitely look into CP's, as well as the Elemis SOS. I've found a few things that have said they do not test on animals. Bit on the expensive side however, so that one may take a little convincing to the fiance, lol.
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:59 am      Reply with quote
I also agree about the cp's and emu. Just wonderful Smile
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
kwells, are you a vegetarian?

If not, then you will probably consider some sources of emu oil to be humane.

Also, to the emu users: are you committed to one particular brand of it? Is fo, what is the reason?
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
melanie haber wrote:

Also, to the emu users: are you committed to one particular brand of it? Is fo, what is the reason?

The emu oil is taken after the emu is killed as the oil comes from a deeper fatty layer. They don't take emu oil while the animal is still alive. Emu is eaten in some societies and raised as livestock so its not just killed for the oil, but I don't know about all producers though.

ETA:
Humane emu oil would come from a humane emu farm, i.e. raising emus in a humane way (like free range chickens).

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
kwells, if you are not sold on Emu oil, you can consider Aloe Vera gel or cream. Aloe vera is well known for its healing properties.
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
melanie haber wrote:

The emu oil is taken after the emu is killed as the oil comes from a deeper fatty layer. They don't take emu oil while the animal is still alive. Emu is eaten in some societies and raised as livestock so its not just killed for the oil, but I don't know about all producers though.

ETA:
Humane emu oil would come from a humane emu farm, i.e. raising emus in a humane way (like free range chickens).

ParisT,
I'm in agreement with you. Perhaps guapa is against killing animals for any purpose, and that's why she calls it not-humane, but as she uses the oil herself, my guess is that she was using the word humane in a way that you or I would not -- hence my question to kwells, who might end up depriving herself unnecessarily.

This raises an interesting (to me) side issue of whether, in a developed country, vanity (like our concern for our skin)is any less noble than eating meat (the absolute necessity of which is debateable). If it's not OK to slaughter an emu just for its oil, or a mink just for its pelt -- how much more justifiable is it to slaughter a cow, pig, or chicken fir the benefit of a person who is already well fed?

I sometimes wonder about the supermodels who take part in activism against fur -- or even just take a stand against it. What are they implying about their own chosen profession? That it's fluff in comparison with hot-dog production? Then again, inconsistent though it may be, I completely understand The Body Shop's boss in desiring to make all animal-product-free products...
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Of everything I have used and concoted, the following is the best I have come up with for everything from burns to breakouts to rashes. I mix a tsp. of calendula oil with a bit (about a half tsp.) of Neem oil (it smell bad but it is amazing), and a half tsp.of emu oil. Then I add about 4 drops of Lavender oil. Works for everything!
kwells

Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:52 am      Reply with quote
I'm actually not a Vegan.

Quote:
If it's not OK to slaughter an emu just for its oil, or a mink just for its pelt -- how much more justifiable is it to slaughter a cow, pig, or chicken fir the benefit of a person who is already well fed?

While I'm not a vegan, I do have, I guess you could call them, opinions of Vegans. I don't wear fur, I don't wear leather, of any kind. I never really have. I don't buy products from companies that test on animals (or companies that don't test on products but have distributors who do... ie Johnson and Johnson, Unilever etc). I don't support petstores, etc. Stuff like that. But that is solely because of what the poor animals have to go through.

But I do eat meat. But I eat completely free range organic meat, as opposed to ones that were confined their entire lives. We are lucky enough to only live 10 miles away from free range farms.
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:55 am      Reply with quote
OK, since you are not even a vegetarian (forget Vegan) -- If you want to try it (I do!), I am sure you will be able to find a source of emu oil that was derived from animals well treated in their lifetimes and then slaughtered humanely (for those who, like me, believe such a thing is possible).

It would probably be good for all of us to renew our interest in consuming only animal products that guarantee a certain level of treatment of the animals.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:07 am      Reply with quote
Kwells-Obagi Active is found here at EDS. I also use their Gentle Cleanser and it is a great alternative to Cetaphil.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:40 am      Reply with quote
I'll be honest, I don't use emu because I can't get past what it is. I smelled an emu oil once (I know there are many out there that don't smell) and it was so horrible, looked icky, and it made my stomach turn...hence it kind of ruined it for me. (Like I said I realize there are better quality emu oils out there...but it was a done deal after that!)

And I eat meat (love my steaks!), etc. Weird. I don't know why it creeps me out, but it does. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:04 am      Reply with quote
The first emu oil I bought was from Longview. It was ok but it did have a smell that turned me off. It wasn't bad per se.. just slightly unpleasant and I didn't like putting it on my face. It was a while before I tried it again, this time from LB processors. This one was odorless. Emu oil isn't as fabulous for my skin as it is for others-- it doesn't really sink in well. Camellia seed oil seems to work better for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:54 am      Reply with quote
I also love Ultra Emu Oil from LB Processors. Very healing without causing any breakouts.

HTH,
Lucy.

Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:51 am      Reply with quote
I work with decleor products and can recommend the harmonie/rose d`orient system for your sensitive skin. I think the prolagene gel would really help heal any bad reactions you may suffer from. The cleansing water is a gentle alternative to a foaming or lotion cleanser.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
I have not been using Copper Peptides long enough to comment on healing however, I do like what they are doing for my skin. The process is slow but working.

As far as healing I love Dremu Oil. I have used several Emu Oils but find Dremu superior. EDS has a whole line of Dremu products. I would suggest the pure oil for healing. Besides healing it helps other products work better. Emu oil is praised for many things.

My daughter-in-law was visiting. My infant grandson had an awful diaper rash. By the next morning (after using Dremu) his rash was 50% better and within 3 days gone. My daughter always used Emu on her infants. Great stuff!!! IMO Emu oil should be in every home. For cosmetic purposes I prefer Dremu.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/dremu-oil.htm
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |