Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Anyone tried "fit flop" shoe for calves/thigh/butt
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
CrazyForClooney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
Saw a little piece on this flip flop sandal on the local news, supposed to exercise entire leg and buttocks, anyone heard of it or tried it? $45 US, sold out in US,need to order from UK!
www.thefitflop.com

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
Bliss will have them in July for 45 bucks...but the UK price is 36 GBP which is around 70 US dollars...why not save some money and pre-order?

I'm going to pre-order them now Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
Pretty expensive for a flip flop. What about Dr. Scholl's wooden ones - aren't those supposed to exercise your feet as well?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
I thought the Dr. Scholl's ones were most uncomfy...but that's just me.

Bliss also has shoes that apparently do the same thing.

If you thought 45 was expensive for a sandal...try 245 for the shoe!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:55 am      Reply with quote
I thought these looked interesting too. Similar to the MBT's, but apparently a slightly different physical principal.

Dr. Scholl's exercise sandals are uncomfortable AND gave me callouses!!!
lcd
5% products discount

Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
If every time you take a step the flip flop will "exercise" those muscles, then think of how awful each step will feel after a few hours of walking around in those things. Just saying...
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Fitsugar has a blurb about them...it says they might have some left at select Bath and Body Works.

http://fitsugar.com/298058
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:03 am      Reply with quote
I'm going to check those fit flops out. I have a couple pairs of Dr. Scholl's and I like them. The break-in period can be challening, but worth it for me. I may be in the minority that find them comfortable after broken in.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:53 am      Reply with quote
I ordered mine from Bliss...in black. They won't be shipped until July, but there aren't any BBW stores listed that are near me that might have some left in stock.

I need new flip flops anyways Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:01 am      Reply with quote
marci65 you are so right about the breaking in period of the Dr. Scholl's but once you do they are amazing.

I think the principle of the flip flop is very similar to the Scholl's and the MBT shoe that sells for $200 and up.
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:38 am      Reply with quote
$45. for flip flops?
how bout: wear regular ones and go to the gym.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:40 am      Reply with quote
jakee wrote:
$45. for flip flops?

I go to the gym at least 3 times a week, amongst other things.

Some people spend 85 dollars on an exfoliating mask or 130 on eyelash serum, while others spend 45 dollars on flip flops. My husband wouldn't hesitate to drop 100 on a good bottle of whiskey.
To each his/her own Smile (though I might like the whiskey too Laughing )

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:18 am      Reply with quote
Walking around in special shoes is more time and money efficient than going to the gym. Depends on what body results one wants...
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:36 am      Reply with quote
The thing I don't get about these flip flops -and I might be wrong in my understanding - but the reason it works is that the sole is a mini-balance board so it uses your muscles that way. But, might not that lead to accidents due to an unstable sole? I walk in the city and I have enough to watch for with cracks and potholes in the sidewalk - I don't need to fall down! Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know how heavy these are. I'm thinking about them as house shoes but not if they are so heavy that I'm clip cloppin around.

Michele

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:18 am      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
The thing I don't get about these flip flops -and I might be wrong in my understanding - but the reason it works is that the sole is a mini-balance board so it uses your muscles that way. But, might not that lead to accidents due to an unstable sole? I walk in the city and I have enough to watch for with cracks and potholes in the sidewalk - I don't need to fall down! Laughing

This has been one nightmare scenario I have imagined with the MBTs if i ever got them: losing my balance and falling under a train! Shock
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:51 am      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:

Haha...I never thought of that...I trip over air!!!
Oh dear...what did I just do in purchasing these?!?! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:59 am      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
jakee wrote:
$45. for flip flops?

Some people spend 85 dollars on an exfoliating mask or 130 on eyelash serum, while others spend 45 dollars on flip flops. My husband wouldn't hesitate to drop 100 on a good bottle of whiskey.

very true. point taken.
but do you think wearing these shoes is going to really give you a work out? i bought those mbts (for a lot of money!) and sure they exercise your calves at first, cause of the negative heel, but that's about it, far as i could tell. and the bliss catalogue tauts them as cellulite reducers, which is (separate topic) really silly.
hope they work for you. i'm always delighted to be proven wrong.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
jakee wrote:
ParisTroika wrote:
jakee wrote:
$45. for flip flops?

very true. point taken.
but do you think wearing these shoes is going to really give you a work out? i bought those mbts (for a lot of money!) and sure they exercise your calves at first, cause of the negative heel, but that's about it, far as i could tell. and the bliss catalogue tauts them as cellulite reducers, which is (separate topic) really silly.
hope they work for you. i'm always delighted to be proven wrong.

I always thought that nothing could get rid of cellulite except removal (i.e. sucking it out) but creams could do the ol' "reduce the appearance".

My goal isn't to lose weight or anything with these. I KNOW I'm not getting those legs in the picture on the site...just giving me a bit extra when I walk is fine. Every little bit counts!

shoes can't do miracles, unless they cook, clean, and take out the trash Laughing and for 45 bucks they'd better add some extra oompf in every step. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Jw.. but has anyone tried Avon curves scandals?

They look hideous though.
http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.asp?pf_id=31334&from=search&find_spec=&camp=200713&dir_delivery=1&rep_delivery=1

They fitflips in black actually look okay.. I'm going to pre-order me a pair!
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
I wish someone out there had these so I could find out whether or not the sizes are true or they run big or small.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
They look a lot like the MBT shoes (google for more info) technology and philosophy.
I tried the MBT's on and they are a quite wobbly and take a real adjustment.
If you have bad balance, I wouldn't recommend them, or you could end up with a broken body part or two!!!
I went onto quite a few sites which had reviews on the MBT's, and overall the reviews were not very favorable, so I didn't get them. I should add though that they are incredibly expensive...these flipflops are dirt cheap by comparison!
fidget-jones
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
I'm such a lemming... I've ordered some!
Cuddles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
I have the MBT's--great for walking and correcting posture. I just ordered the Fitflops for short walks/shopping, etc. I let you know what I think after they arrive. I am a sucker for a new product.
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
There is an article about this product in the newspaper here today. But I think it is too expensive, I'd rather do excercises. Razz
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |