Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Is anyone watching "The Starter Wife"?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
It stars Debra Messing, and so far it has been funny and touching at the same time! I am hooked.

Overview:
If having it all in Hollywood means being married to an ambitious movie studio exec, having an adorable daughter, owning a flawlessly decorated McMansion in Brentwood, belonging to the most exclusive clubs and always getting the best table in the hottest restaurants, then Molly Kagan has it all.

Until she gets the one phone call that changes everything.

With that call, not only does Molly's husband Kenny inform her of his intentions to divorce just shy of their ten year anniversary (coincidentally before their pre-nup expires), but also he revokes her status as "Wife Of," instantly transforming her into a "Starter Wife"—a decided step down, if not out—in the Hollywood pecking order.

http://www.usanetwork.com/series/starterwife/thescene/overview.html

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Oh dear ... I'm hooked as well. This just may be my summer "show."

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:04 am      Reply with quote
What fantastic smut! One of my neighbors is going to DVR the next episode, so a bunch of us can get together and enjoy it! Kids and sports- we have to plan out time just to watch. Rolling Eyes
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Ruth, this is definitely my summer show! It came along just in time to help me recover from my "Ugly Betty" withdrawal. Very Happy

kyplantjunkie - smut indeed! Something silly and frivolous is just what I need in the summertime. Rolling Eyes

But have you noticed the subliminal adverts for Pond's products during the show? Sometimes it's quite blatant, like when they spend a few seconds just pointing the camera at her moisturizer sitting on the bathroom counter.

I know they're a sponsor, but it's a little wierd, and for me a turnoff. First of all, I just can't see a Hollywood wife using drugstore products...oh, right, she's an ex... Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
LOL, Nadine! Even us "ex" wives don't necessarily use drugstore products! Sometimes it's not UNTIL we're ex's that we realize our true worth and splurge on the good stuff!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
OMG, Ruth, I did not mean it like that! Embarassed
I'm so embarrassed. I meant she's an ex-HOLLYWOOD wife, and therefore resorting to drugstore products. She doesn't know any better, cuz she doesn't hang out at EDS!

BTW, I am someone's ex, too. Wink And I totally agree, sometimes divorce allows you to shed the old baggage and "find" your best self. I can remember the last time I talked to my ex, I felt like time was standing still for him...he was calling me to whine about his second wife! Wink He got no sympathy from me, because he was just repeating the same mistakes he made with me!! I told him not to call me anymore.

I think that's why I like the show...even though I am remarried now, I feel so much empathy for the character! It doesn't matter if your married to someone rich, poor, or in-between, the angst is the same. I was married to a poor guy, LOL!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
hmm, i read the book, but didn't know it was now a tv show...

liz

Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Bioelements Calmitude Hydrating Solution (118 ml / 4 floz) Osea Ocean Lotion (180 ml / 6 floz) Sothys Pore Refiner System Matifying Refiner Solution (30 ml / 1 oz)