Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Actives + Mail + Heat =
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Sundew
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Just got my order of Jan Marini Bioclear Cream and PSF Berry Beneficial Serum. I was so excited and tore into the box and I noticed how warm the containers felt. They stayed warm for quite awhile so I'm guessing they were probably cooking in the back of the post office van all day. I was just wondering if the heat probably zapped all the actives (specially in the berry beneficial serum)?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:50 am      Reply with quote
I think the only way to find this out is to contact the companies concerned or do some searches on the internet re the ingredients and how they react with temperature variations although this could take some time and the answers may also depend on how the ingredients are mixed. I sympathise with your problem but most of us have to deal with the same situation and a lot of times we don't even know if the parcels have been exposed to extremes of temperature.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:52 am      Reply with quote
i actually try not to order stuff in the summer. I have a box on the way, and we had a couple hot days. I'm hoping my stuff is all right! I also don't like ordering stuff in the dead of winter. I've gotten a frozen lipgloss in the mail before... Confused
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:57 am      Reply with quote
That's such a good point. I always worry about it too, esp when I order things with Vit a and Vit c in them. the only way as I see it is either have them shipped express or order only when it's not hot outside (which means no summer orders).
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:56 am      Reply with quote
violetanne wrote:
i actually try not to order stuff in the summer. I have a box on the way, and we had a couple hot days. I'm hoping my stuff is all right! I also don't like ordering stuff in the dead of winter. I've gotten a frozen lipgloss in the mail before... Confused

I had same thought - avoiding ordering in Summer. By the time I got home to get mail, the stuff I ordered could be sitting under the sun for hours. Yuck.
Sundew
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:57 am      Reply with quote
violetanne wrote:

It was still pretty mild here when I placed my order and it just happened to heat up in the past few days..go figure Cool. I emailed PSF anyway because I'm still curious how sensitive the actives are. Will let you all know what they say.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:11 am      Reply with quote
I've been curious about that also. We have a mailbox at the end of our driveway and our mailperson puts our parcels in there also so they sit in there all day. Being in Canada, the summers are really hot and the winters really cold, so I guess I can only order in the spring or fall. Smile I wonder if it's possible to get EDS to write on the outside of the box "not to be left outside" or something like that.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
I wonder if it's possible to get EDS to write on the outside of the box "not to be left outside" or something like that.

Last time I ordered from EDS, I asked them if I could pick it up instead since I live in Vancouver but that wasn't an option at the end.
Sundew
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Good news! (at least for PSF customers)

This is the response I got from their chemist:
"All of our products undergo product failure testing, which includes
cycles of freezing & rethawing and exposure to conditions of extreme heat. The actives in the Berry Beneficial Antioxidant Serum appear to be stable
up to 172*F, which is certainly well above how warm they would become in
normal shipping during the summer months."

Smile Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
Sundew wrote:
Good news! (at least for PSF customers)

This is the response I got from their chemist:
"All of our products undergo product failure testing, which includes
cycles of freezing & rethawing and exposure to conditions of extreme heat. The actives in the Berry Beneficial Antioxidant Serum appear to be stable
up to 172*F, which is certainly well above how warm they would become in
normal shipping during the summer months."

Smile Smile

That's good news indeed. I never knew such a testing in place - definitely gives you more assurance now. Sundew, thanks for contacting PSF and sharing the answer with us.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:44 am      Reply with quote
Good to know that at least PSF has been tested to remain stable in temperature extremes. For other types of Vit. C serum, is it practical to order enough to last for 1 year so you don't have to worry about exposing your order to temperature extremes like heat/cold, or would the actives expire by a given amount of time?

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:57 am      Reply with quote
i always worry about the heat too. so i try to scramble to order before the real heat hits, but i think products are shipped in extreme temperature before they reach store shelves or retailers anyway.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:31 am      Reply with quote
athena123 wrote:
Good to know that at least PSF has been tested to remain stable in temperature extremes. For other types of Vit. C serum, is it practical to order enough to last for 1 year so you don't have to worry about exposing your order to temperature extremes like heat/cold, or would the actives expire by a given amount of time?

I don't think there would be too many Vit C products designed to last 12 months. Depending on where you purchase it from, it may already have been sitting around on the shelf for quite some time. I have always found the stock from EDS to be fresh. So it probably would be better for you to use the product soon after receiving it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:50 am      Reply with quote
Yes, you should use vit c product immediately after you open it. I think EDS is carry only new and fresh product. They have free gift for member to distribute the product that nearly expire (at least 1 year) to us for free.

Thanks EDS
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
Whenever I have an order coming in, I am in tenderhooks waiting for it to come so I can swoop in so it doesn't sit in the heat too long.

I've been waiting for my EDS order for the past week.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
This is a very good thread! I just got another EDS order today and it is hot right now. I found my products that I ordered was at normal temperature. In fact, I've never had a problem with EDS sending me a product that is boiling.

I also think it would be safe to say that since EDS is in a very specialized business, they would invest on good property maintenance so that the products are cared for properly.

I really love the excellent points you have made about storage before you get your products. Maybe someone who works for EDS can help answer this question?

Oh, just a thought. Maybe it was Canada Post with their delivery vans.
Cautious newbie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
eeeeh...now another thing to worry about. i never thought of this.

i was just going to place an order of vit c. i hope i'm not just going to receive a useless product at the end of the day.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |