Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Vit C Serums vs Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
I am currently using Vivier Kine-C serum and would love to start using Copper Peptides.

With all the reading I have been doing on the forum I am still not certain if the benefits are the same from both.

I have read they both target fine lines and wrinkles, improve clarity, etc.

I would love to hear any recommendations especially those of you that have been using NCN CPs. I love NCN PP and would love to stay with that line.

TIA!!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
I used Vit C for years. Several months ago I starting using CP's. I use CP's in the evening and Vit C in the AM. I am thrilled that I added CP's to my routine. I have mature skin and I think my skin seems a tad thicker. My results might be a little slower then you youngins. Wink For approximate three months I have used the CP Serum. I just order the next level of CP's. Looking forward to more results. Smile
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
Aren't they exactly like skinbio's cp's?
Anyway, I use them both and love both. of course, remember not to use them at the same time because they cancel each other. Very Happy
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you both for the suggestions!

Winnie I have mature skin as well and although not too many lines and wrinkles at this time I would love to just improve the overall clairty and texture.

Can I make life simpler by just using either Vit C or CP twice a day, will the end result be the same?

Thanks again!
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
NCN CPs are skinbio's. I used to use C in the AM and CP in the PM but I'm just using CPs now. Got fed up with using so many products Shock

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
I don't understand. You mean using each twice a day, alternating days for cp and c serum?
Or using just one of them?
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
lbianca I mean just using either the Vit C twice a day or the CP twice a day.
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Of course you can. Nobody forces you to use cp's of course but I think they are VERY effective. They actually seem to do what they claim and it seems to me it'd be a pity to give up on them. From what I read, they work differently to prevent againg or skin damage.

But, yes, you can definitely use only one of them twice a day Very Happy
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl that is exactly what I am trying to do as well. Instead of adding more products to my regime I would really love to simplify it and this was the reason for my question.

I am not familiar with Skinbios is this a company?

Sorry for so many questions but I am a newbie to CPs!
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
yeah mishie, here's the link to their site:
http://www.skinbiology.com/
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
lbianca that is terrific, so I can get the same product from Nanci and drive her crazy with all my questions LOL!!
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
Enjoy Very Happy
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Mishie,

I also use both CPs at night and vit c serum in the am. I have noticed an improvement in my skin since adding CPs about 8 months ago. My skin is more firm and the clarity has improved. I'm almost 52.
If you want to simplify things, Dr. Picard (skinbiology) says that you can take 1000 mg vit c internally while using cps which would eliminate the serum.
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
Debster1000 thanks for sharing your experience with CPs.
I am currently getting 500mg daily of Vit C in my vitmains so I guess I could just increase that.

Ideally I would love to streamline my skincare and possibly buy from one company and make it very simple.

At almost 53 I am tired of spending $100-$200 on each cream and serum and get absolutely no results, and believe me I have tried them all in the past 15 years!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
mishie wrote:
lbianca that is terrific, so I can get the same product from Nanci and drive her crazy with all my questions LOL!!

I am not lbianca LOL. I get my CP's from NCN. I like the fact that Nanci is a professional and has steered me in the right direction with CP's and correct usage. She doesn't seem to mind all my questions. Laughing

I also agree that you can use just CP's and take your daily dose of 1000 mgs. of C. In my case I am still hooked on my AlphaDerma products which have C in them. They have done so well for me I will not give them up. Using CP's at night lets me continue my JB products.
dokusan
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie, are you applying a Vit C serum in addition to the C that is already in ADCE?
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie after seeing such wonderful results from NCN Pumpkin Peel and receiving great customer service from Nanci I have started to think about revamping my entire skincare regime and start using effective products. That's great that the CPs are working out for you in conjunction with your other products!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
dokusan wrote:
Winnie, are you applying a Vit C serum in addition to the C that is already in ADCE?

Yes, I do apply Vit C. I use the whole Janson Beckett line. I use their Mineral Prep, C&C then AlphaDerma every morning.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:08 am      Reply with quote
I allergic to vivier vit C.
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:07 am      Reply with quote
nickieygirl what strength serum are you using?

Do people who use CP always at some point get the "uglies" or is it a case where someone has used too much without letting their skin get use to it??

TIA!
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:02 am      Reply with quote
mishie wrote:

Do people who use CP always at some point get the "uglies" or is it a case where someone has used too much without letting their skin get use to it??

TIA!

Depends, if you go slow you can avoid the uglies especially if you exfoliate regularly and deeply. But some people just never get them!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:25 am      Reply with quote
I never got the uglies and I almost didn't dilute it except for the first few days. First 4-5 months I used the cp's 5 times a week or so.
The improvement came very fast - less than two weeks. Very Happy
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:26 am      Reply with quote
I haven't used any CPs myself, but I just ordered some Skinbiology Super GHK Serum from Diana Yvonne (same stuff as from NCN or Skinbiology website). I'm new to this to, so I asked a few more "experienced" CP users for advice. They have all recommended me to start with Super GHK, rather than normal CP, as so far there's been no report of the uglies from using GHK. Also, it's supposed to be the mildest one (though not least effective) out of all the CPs.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:53 am      Reply with quote
I use PSF Vitamin C/w booster in the AM and Super CP serum in the PM. Occasionally I use Super Cop on specific areas. I love the CPs but have to say that for me the Vitamin C REALLY gave my skin a glow!

I'm 52 ...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:16 am      Reply with quote
4Sons I am also 52, do you think if I stick to Vivier Kine C (10% with kinetin) in the am and start CP in the pm I will see results?

I have not seen any change since starting the Vivier Kine C for the past month, maybe I should move on to 20% or will adding the CP help with results??

This has become such an arduous task not only trying to find the right products but tweaking the percentages to come up with the best combo!!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |