Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Loss Of Eyelashes ::Dermatological/Dermatitis Issue:: Advice
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
S1ckenin.Vendetta

Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi, This is my first post & in much need of some advice having just got back from seeing a dermatologist regarding my Dermatitis issue. It was suggested the dermatitis could revolve around falling or loss of eyelashes that lay on the skin (which mine is hyper-sensitive) without me knowing & causing the dermatitis from the bacteria present on the eyelash just under the circles of the eyes.

This is where I need some advice from you guys. I'm a male & I'm thinking about totally getting rid of my eyelashes altogether to avoid this dermatitis related issue flaring back up in the future.

What I need to know is please, Will getting rid of my eyelashes altogether make me look any different from having a full set of lashes???... (I don't want to look like a freak but I need to have peace of mind when I go out that I don't have an eyelash reacting & flaring my skin up).

And also, Are there any beauty accessories available which deal with getting rid of eyelashes you would advise on me purchasing.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as many of you know, skin problems cause a whole host of mental issues.

Kind Regards.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Do not know if my info would help you, since you might have something different altogether.

I used to have very red sore flaking skin right in the area where my lashes grow. Plus the eye lids were sort of sore. It lasted a while and creams did not help. I started using castor oil on these areas, at night, before I went to bed. And it did help tremendously. I have been using castor oil ever since, for years, and I practically do not have any fine lines around my eyes, I attribute it to using castor oil. The oil is very thick; you need just a little drop of it.

Another friend of mine had similar condition only with eye brows, and I recommended her to use castor oil on that area. She had the same outcome, both of us are happy campers.

Maybe you do not to remove the eyelashes if this is similar to the condition I described.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:59 am      Reply with quote
…. another thought…. I just want to try to preserve your eye lashes if it is possible.

In addition (or instead) of castor oil you can try emu oil. Emu oil has great skin healing properties. It helps with eczema, psoriasis, and other skin conditions. You can do a search on it and find info along with pictures. My husband used it and it helped him with skin problems.

Regarding removing eye lashes. You probably would look different without those from your usual look. However if it indeed helps you from health perspective this is definitely something to consider. You can try to remove just lower eye lashes first and see how it goes, weather it helps the problem or not. The eye lashes will grow back eventually, but at least you’ll know if they are the cause. Regarding the tools: good tweezers is the simplest option as painful as it sounds…

Hopefully someone on this forum can provide you more feedback
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |