Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Eyelash Extension in Vancouver
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Anyone know a good place for eyelash extension in Vancouver? I would like to get them done and forget about applying mascara. Thanks! Very Happy
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
Stardust,
I don't live in Vancouver sorry but I would strongly advise against doing this to your lashes. The process destroys your lashes. Why not try a lash lengthening process instead with Revitalash/vaseline/castor oil etc? They are long term and take patience but better than extensions. There are several threads here on the drawbacks of extensions. Do read them before you decide to go for it.
Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
Blacklace, thank you for the warning. Smile I didn't know it will damage your lashes in the long run. I guess applying mascara isn't that bad. Btw, do u somehow noticed that your lashes are longer (even without mascara) if u apply mascara on a daily basis? Not just me, but my frd noticed that as well.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Stardustdy, maybe you could do a search here to find a thread talk about wedding makeup stuff. I recall one poster rave about a lady does the eyelash extension in Vancouver. Maybe you could PM her?
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks iaimei! But like what Blacklace said, I'm afraid it'll do damage in the long run.

Tara, u noticed that your lashes are growing too? My frd noticed that too. I don't use mascara everyday, about twice a week usually. When I removed my mascara at night, I noticed they seem to be longer and darker. It's the most obvious when I curled my lashes. Anyone experienced eyelash growth from using mascara too? Confused
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
You could try Wink Beauty Lounge on Robson St.www.winkbeautylounge.com Here's what they say about their extensions:
What is the difference between Eyelash Extensions and traditional false lashes?
The major differences are the following: adhesive formula; lash type, application technique, lash appearance and lasting duration. Traditional false lashes are usually made with a strip or with multiple lashes knotted together and are applied directly on the eyelid using adhesive formulas that dry hard on the eyelid and lashes. They often cause discomfort to the eyes and may cause your natural lashes to fall out prematurely.

Traditional false lashes usually last only a day to a few days, often looking unnatural and feeling heavy on your eyes.

Eyelash Extensions are made to look identical to human lashes and are crimp resistant; the adhesive is formulated for a permanent bond and dries soft on lashes. The polypeptide bond allows lashes to remain flexible and bouncy. Each eyelash extension is applied directly to the individual lash, one lash at the time via a state-of-the-art technique.

------------------------------------------------
I haven't tried this but my friends have, and I've heard nothing but positive feedback. hth!
Snake
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:25 am      Reply with quote
Stardust,

My recommendation: Don't try it. I have lost almost half of my eyelashes after the eyelash extension Sad

Snake
Leana
5% products discount

Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:04 am      Reply with quote
I have heard such awful things about eyelash extensions. I would NEVER even consider it now.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Tara, well all they've said was that they lost a few (nothing out of the ordinary). Then again they've only gotten extensions on the outer part of the lashes...so just a few strands at the end, but it looks really pretty and natural. For those who are afraid of getting extensions for the whole lashline, maybe just try putting them in the outer corners.
Snake
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:31 am      Reply with quote
Yup, my eyes look really really beautiful after the extension. Maybe the glue they put... was somehow too strong for my eyelashes... and so... my real lashes, together with the fake ones began to fall off after a week or so. Crying or Very sad
amber23
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Don't have lash extensions - they just wreck your eyelashes. I had only 3 lots of extensions done, first one was just on the outer corners but I thought it looked a bit odd so I then had a half set done. They are an absolute nightmare to keep clean and sometimes go wonky and really irritate your eyes. I ended up absolutely hating them. Have since been using RL and tinting my lashes and after 4 months they look fantastic.
Snake
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:19 am      Reply with quote
i ve done twice... a total nightmare Confused Confused Confused i ll never do it again!!! Mad Mad Mad
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:
You could try Wink Beauty Lounge on Robson St.www.winkbeautylounge.com Here's what they say about their extensions:
What is the difference between Eyelash Extensions and traditional false lashes?
The major differences are the following: adhesive formula; lash type, application technique, lash appearance and lasting duration. Traditional false lashes are usually made with a strip or with multiple lashes knotted together and are applied directly on the eyelid using adhesive formulas that dry hard on the eyelid and lashes. They often cause discomfort to the eyes and may cause your natural lashes to fall out prematurely.

Traditional false lashes usually last only a day to a few days, often looking unnatural and feeling heavy on your eyes.

Eyelash Extensions are made to look identical to human lashes and are crimp resistant; the adhesive is formulated for a permanent bond and dries soft on lashes. The polypeptide bond allows lashes to remain flexible and bouncy. Each eyelash extension is applied directly to the individual lash, one lash at the time via a state-of-the-art technique.

------------------------------------------------
I haven't tried this but my friends have, and I've heard nothing but positive feedback. hth!

I have written about this before on eyelash extension threads here. The summary is that my lashes were teeny tiny ones and I used eyelash extensions for one year - yes state of the art japanese technicians that took one and a half hours and 90 pounds a pop. Yes they look fantastic and did not make my eyelashes bald but they are not worth long term damage. The extensions are heavier than your natural lashes and when they come off (pray they do not get into your eye!) so does the lash it is glued to. Absolutely, extensions in my experience will damage your lashes in the long run. It is so much better to use conditioning serums, have patience while they grow, use a little vaseline or castor oil to condition and find a killer mascara. For special occasions a well applied false lash (on the lashline, NOT attached to the natural lash) can look very glam.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Blacklace is right ... as each one falls off, it takes the lash it was next to. The technicians will tell you that they don't damage your natural lashes, but I had extensions for five months and gave them up after I woke up with conjunctivitis in both eyes the day after an appointment. (I'm not sure that I got the conjunctivitis from the technician, because truthfully, I wasn't washing my eyelashes as well because I was always so worried about losing my expensive lashes!)

It has taken my eyelashes months to recover from the extensions.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
Stardusty:

I am not sure what type of lashes you have. I am blonde and my lashes are very blonde. I get tinted at a spa with a tint that is safe for lashes/brows. Many spas in Canada do this service. It is vegetable based and safe even if it gets into eyes.

For those that DIY; you can purchase Combinal tint. I do my own brows with this tint. (It is easier to have someone do lashes.) Many have also used 1000 hour tint.

Anyhow, just a suggestion that if your lashes are light that a lash tint will make a huge difference.

I also agree with the others on lash conditioning. Caster oil is cheap from the drugstore. It is also a main ingredient in Ardell lash treatment.
Poussin

Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
I have had eyelash extensions for over a year. Contrary to what other people say, they don't destroy your lashes. The lashes with extensions just naturally fall off like lashes that don't have extensions. Ever notice your lashes in the sink after washing your face? Ialso find them in my sink, only they are longer and thicker!

I tried Latisse and Lash MD,and they didn't make my lashes noticeably different. They could never make my lashes look like they do now.

I have been going to Elan Beauty Clinic in Vancouver for my extensions. They do such a great job, and I especially like the fact that they are a "clinic" and only use medically approved products. The glue they use in non-toxic and it keeps my lashes on for over a month.
I don't use mascara, so I never get "raccoon eyes". I don't even have to curl my lashes. It's amazing.The only down side is that once you do it, you'll never want to stop. Google Elan Beauty in Vancouver and check out the pics. I think my pic is still on their site.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |