Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Vitamin C serum?Why can't you just rub a lemon on your face?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Pippi_Plum
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone used real lemon slices on their face?
What were the results?

If this is bad for your skin please tell me why?

Pips
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Because of concentration of acid and PH level, if you are not using the right amount, you may end up burning your face rather than doing any good. If you do want to use lemon juice, make sure you dilute it first. Use directly could lead to serious irritations.
Pippi_Plum
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
I know that sounds rational, but many people use TCA and different acid peels that actually cause a severe peel and their skin looks great. Shock

Wouldn't a lemon just impart Vitamin C and exfoliate? Confused Which is good for the skin?

I guess I should try it. LOL
Pips
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
NO... lemon isn't anything similar to TCA acid peel...

I can't use 100% lemon juice on my skin at all. My skin would turn really red and itchy.
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
If it hurts you, then you would need lemon-aid.

Very Happy
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
HAHAHA! Laughing

I have wondered the same thing too. But I am afraid to try it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Pippi, much of the acid from lemon is citric acid as opposed to ascorbic. Citric doesn't do the same things for the skin that ascorbic does in the same amount of acid exposure. It's partly a question of what it is you want to accomplish with the C.

One might be intersted in lemon for its toning effect, but with it one would get a bit of sticky sugar or whatever other things naturally occur in a lemon.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:13 am      Reply with quote
cedar wrote:

Very Happy

PMSL! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:47 am      Reply with quote
very funny! Smile Smile Smile

cedar wrote:

Very Happy
snowie_bunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Maybe Lemon Yogut. I used stawberry Yogut on my face as mask before, result was not bad.
Pippi_Plum
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:54 am      Reply with quote
I cut up a cold Lemon and rubbed it around on my face. At first it just felt cold, then a little tingling, then Holy Mother of the Hidden Grail!!!!! Bad Grin

Just joking!!!!

Seriously it did burn after a while but this was with it on there a few minutes with rubbing. I have hyperpigmentation issues and I heard lemon helps lighten these.

Okay, the next day I did have a slight "rosey" flush to my cheeks, my pores were tighter and it did slightly lighten my little pigmentation.

Oh and I had this big honking zit on my chin and it totally helped that! Shock

Would I use it everyday????
No, I think it would be too harsh.

I am going to use this about once a week for a month and see how it goes. Razz

Pip
Pippi_Plum
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:56 am      Reply with quote
Oh yes, my skin is softer and exfoliated. I did moisturize the heck out of it after this treatment. Cool

Pip
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
I hope you wear sunscreens after your lemon treatment. Keep us posted your progress with this experiment (if you wish to continue, but in my heart, I would rather you stop now before any damage is done). Take care.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
Pippi...interesting experiment indeed! If you can take pics to show us, it would be awesome to see your results. I never would have thought to use household items for skincare or haircare until I joined EDS and learned about them. Thanks for sharing.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi Pippiplum,

There was a thread a couple of months ago about a fresh lemon juice sugar scrub treatment--I tried it and it really did brighten up my skin. I massaged it gently into slightly damp skin for several minutes, I would never rub the grains in. But I believe that sugar is essentially glycolic acid so with those two you are really packing a punch.

Also, I drink half a lemon in rm temp water daily, and that seems to keep my skin bright as well. The acid actually turns alkaline when in the body, so it's an excellent way to start out the day balancing your pH as well

like iaimei said, do be careful with putting too many acids on your skin! but once a week should be okay.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:27 am      Reply with quote
I did try 7 years ago, at that time I have lots pimples (now still...), its very painful, after my pimples recover, the scar become a dark spot, it still with me now Sad , I cant explain why and how does it happened, but if u dont believe me, u can try...

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:33 am      Reply with quote
yaling111 wrote:
I did try 7 years ago, at that time I have lots pimples (now still...), its very painful, after my pimples recover, the scar become a dark spot, it still with me now Sad , I cant explain why and how does it happened, but if u dont believe me, u can try...

Yaling111,

Maybe you went out in the sun without any sunscreen afterwards? That sounds like a classic case of using acids and then getting sun exposure to me. Sorry you have to deal with that! I'm sure there are products out there that will take your dark spots away.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:40 am      Reply with quote
thank u avalange, I cant remember did I put sunscreen or not, but I am sure i tried so many products to remove the sopt, but my spot still there.. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:51 am      Reply with quote
Pippi_Plum wrote:
Has anyone used real lemon slices on their face?
What were the results?

If this is bad for your skin please tell me why?

Pips

Pippi_Plum....I just love your forum name. Smile I have not read the whole thread to see other responses. IMO the acid of pure lemon might be much too strong. If you have thick, non-sensitive skin lemon might give you a quick brightening. Be very careful of the sun if you try this. Load yourself with sunscreen.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
Hi Pippiplum,

There was a thread a couple of months ago about a fresh lemon juice sugar scrub treatment--I tried it and it really did brighten up my skin. I massaged it gently into slightly damp skin for several minutes, I would never rub the grains in. But I believe that sugar is essentially glycolic acid so with those two you are really packing a punch.

I tried this scrub and it broke me out like crazy. To be honest - just about anything breaks me out, and this wasn't an exception.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
Pippi_Plum
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Darnit! Now I am all freaking out that by using a lemon on my face I may cause irreversible damage to my precious mug! Razz

I mean what can happen? Will my face dry up and fall off? Embarassed

I don't want to be the guinea pig if someone has tried this and they look like the Phantom of the Opera!

Pips AKA 'Ole Lemon Face! Shock
Pippi_Plum
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, so I just opened my refrigerator and stared in longingly at the five fresh lemons I bought. Sad

It seemed to do such a fine job when I used it the first time. Confused

I think I am going into Lemon Face withdrawals Bad Grin
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hey you can always make lemonade and drink it. It still helps with your skin. Smile
Pippi_Plum
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
When Life hands you lemons, make lemonade! Razz

Or in my case:

When 'Ole Lemon Face hands you Lemons.......................... Bad Grin

Okay, bad joke:roll: Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Pip
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
I like Avalange's idea.
The other idea that may be helpful is a whole milk yogurt mask wth lemon juice.
Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |