Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Vitamin C serum?Why can't you just rub a lemon on your face?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
it's too concentrate level of acid from lemon directly on your face. it can burn your skin.
Mardy Bum
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
I have succesfully used fresh lemon in my homemade toner for months now to fade pigmentation and it works! but am very careful not to go out in the sun without sunscreen and it is a big bottle with only 1 teaspoon so very diluted.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:23 am      Reply with quote
in regards to lemon plus yogurt:
won't that mixture curdle and separate?

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
lilkid13
5% products discount

Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:17 am      Reply with quote
yaling111 wrote:
thank u avalange, I cant remember did I put sunscreen or not, but I am sure i tried so many products to remove the sopt, but my spot still there.. Sad
Yaling!! I was reading your post and I remembered a skin peel that's supposed to be SOO good, I heard about it through a program called "Acne Free in 3 Days"

The company is called: Skin Culture USA.
Run a google search on them, or email me and I can send you a link to their website. (My email address is in my signature)

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:26 am      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
Hi Pippiplum,

There was a thread a couple of months ago about a fresh lemon juice sugar scrub treatment--I tried it and it really did brighten up my skin. I massaged it gently into slightly damp skin for several minutes, I would never rub the grains in. But I believe that sugar is essentially glycolic acid so with those two you are really packing a punch.

--avalange

I have tried this and it works wonderful! The only problem is that it is sticky and when I did it in the shower, got the shower messy. I haven't done this in a few months though so I will have to start up again. It was great at controlling my acne and brightening my complexion.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
your hand might not even be able to handle the acid of lemon, how can your face skin handle it? no.. don't do that...
ellyp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
I guess it just depends on how sensitive your skin is. I got the sugar/fresh lemon scrub idea from Anna_in_Sweden here on the board and she has super sensitive skin. She tried it and it made her skin glow. You can always try it on your hand for a week or two and see how it works. It really does a great job (but messy!) of brightening up your complexion and helping the breakouts. Of course, everyone's skin is different...
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:27 am      Reply with quote
I have been using lemon juice on my face every night for the last week. I have dry,sensitive skin and my skin was looking really dull. I have never used a Vitamin C serum and I am seriously thinking about incorporating that in my skin care. Anyhow the lemon juice does sting a little bit but there is a very positive diff. in my skin. I could not believe it but it did not dry my skin further instead it made it look healthy and glowing. I am wearing sunscreen at all times! What a surprise!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:06 am      Reply with quote
This is intriguing, many DIY recipes use either Lemon Juice or Vinegar in them I decided to check the ph and here is what I found. Some Vitamin C serums are a ph of 3 or possibly lower.

Lemon juice 2.3

Vinegar 2.4 – 3.4

I think I may give it a try including for arms, heck it's cheap so why not? Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Lemon juice is mainly citric acid, not ascorbic acid. So it wouldn't replace a Vitamin C serum, though perhaps citric acid on its own might be of use.

I have to admit, when I first saw the title of this one, I thought, "Retin A? Why not just rub a carrot on your face?" Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:39 am      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:
Lemon juice is mainly citric acid, not ascorbic acid. So it wouldn't replace a Vitamin C serum, though perhaps citric acid on its own might be of use.

I have to admit, when I first saw the title of this one, I thought, "Retin A? Why not just rub a carrot on your face?" Laughing

LOL Good One flitcraft about the carrot! Laughing

I wouldn't give up my Vitamin C serum at all, I am just thinking of a lightening treatment mostly for the hyperpigmentation on arms! Shoot I am not worried about irritation from this, I use Lemon Juice to get the odor of fish, onions or garlic off of my hands when cooking. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
I just happened to read this yesterday...

http://www.skinactives.com/blog/index.php?p=16

PS... as the daughter of a commercial fisherman, I would suggest that if your fish is leaving an odor (fishy), on your skin, it's not fresh. (Granted some fish have certain odors, salmon, for example. But still shouldn't be "fishy") Further when you see lemon on fish at the fish counter, they are trying to trick you into believing they are garnishing... but really covering the smell of fish going bad!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:

PS... as the daughter of a commercial fisherman, I would suggest that if your fish is leaving an odor (fishy), on your skin, it's not fresh. (Granted some fish have certain odors, salmon, for example. But still shouldn't be "fishy") Further when you see lemon on fish at the fish counter, they are trying to trick you into believing they are garnishing... but really covering the smell of fish going bad!

I wouldn't go sunning after a treatment if I do this, I avoid sun exposure as it is anyway. Smile

I agree Claudia, I grew up very close to the "Warf" down in Washington DC and Annapolis MD so I learned all about fish and seafood at a very early age. I do cook mostly salmon when I find I need Lemon! But it's great advice to those who didn't get initiated early on what fresh should look and smell like. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
I think I tried the same thing but with pineappel years ago.

All I remember is it was very drying.
I am actually curious to try this now as I am looking for something that is a light peel.

Maybe I'll just try using a lemon with some water and leave it on a few minutes then rinse and neutralize with baking soda.

I know some spas around here they are using these strawberry and fruit masks they make themselves out of fresh fruits.
So I don't think it will be too bad.

I actually had some samples of 2 peels and they were way too strong for me.
So maybe even using apple might be ok?

If juice beauty uses apple and other fruits,I don't think the fresh fruit and rinsing it off would be any worse?

The peels I tried was Kinerase Pro+Therapy.
That was ok,but too strong for me- had to rinse it off my face after 3 minutes and it was a thing you are supposed to leave on as a treatment.

Other one was Exuviance 25% peel, and that was a bit too strong too.

I know I will not be buying those 2 products,but they did work well.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
ClaudiaFE wrote:

I wouldn't go sunning after a treatment if I do this, I avoid sun exposure as it is anyway. Smile

I agree Claudia, I grew up very close to the "Warf" down in Washington DC and Annapolis MD so I learned all about fish and seafood at a very early age. I do cook mostly salmon when I find I need Lemon! But it's great advice to those who didn't get initiated early on what fresh should look and smell like. Smile

So true. I've been called a food snob once or twice when I refused to eat the fish that I could smell across a room... YUCK! Like a dirty fish tank... But, OH YEAH, I'm all over the fish dish that just walked by that looked yummy, and smelled of "not fish"...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Claudia,

I know I was spoiled when it came to seafood we would go to places and pick up fish and seafood as the boats came in with that days catch. I can't stomach the odor of "less than fresh" fish much less try to eat it....GAG! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Raising hand -Total food Snob here.

as for lemons - Kassy made a lemon peel biofirment recipe that helped with lightening the skin and very inexpensive - I know I've heard lemon juice used for lightening and brightening as well internally to help with body alkalinizing. (ASLO: Recall the famous scene with Susan Sarandon and the lemons! to reduce odor).

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:

Another scam i the rocery store making you think the shrimp is actually fresh.
You can not reall get "fresh shrimp" in North America- all if it is frozen and defrosted at the store.

So unless you are in a rush,just get the frozen and save your money Smile
Costco is very good for this with their "travelling seafood show" and those nice glass displays.
If you look very closely on the glass with the descriptio n it says in tiny print "previously frozen,do not freeze"

or something like that.
Unless you just want a specific kind of shrimp?
The fish store I go to they have "fresh" shrimp for sale and I sometimes get some there because it is the only place that has the large super jumbo shrimp (but I guess you can say "fresh" as in it is not bad yet Laughing

The same thing might apply to scallops,but I do not know too much about scallops (or more likely forgot).
I do know most seafood restaurants I've gone to they always seem to leave the "muscly bit" attached to the scallop.
I used to have to clean tons of shrimp,oysters,scallops,squid when I worked at a seafood restaurant as a prep cook (and dessert maker too)

Pretty much all the shrimp dishes from restaurants are made with frozen shrimps too Smile
(not saying that is bad,just good to know).

And what grosses me out is how so many restaurants they forget the devein the shrimp and then bread them.
So many people are eating the "black stuff" that is inside the shrimps too.
I had to clean so many shrimp at my work too every day.

Anyways,
it is useful to know more about the foods you eat Smile
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:36 am      Reply with quote
wow! of course not. the lemon is very irritative, and is not easy for skin to absorb.
truth
5% products discount

Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
When I was in West Africa the locals told me they use lime on their skin. "Burnishes" the skin and makes it smooth and glow. Basically they cut the lime in half and squeeze it till the juices flow, then apply direct. Said to keep it on for about an hour then to rinse it off with lukewarm or cold water. No soap. Do this for a week, they said, and your skin will be perfect.
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:40 am      Reply with quote
Wow, amazing and glad to read this thread. I believe in the positive power of vitamin C, so why not try the natural vitamin c in either lemon or lime!
vincomgo

Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:17 am      Reply with quote
Is it good for skin? I think lemon have too much axit so u should not put it for long=.=
AngelaDraa1

Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
LOVE LEMON AND SUGAR!! I add a sprinkle of sugar and a squeeze of lemon to a cotton ball and gently wash my face with it every morning. It's absolutely amazing at brightening my skin. Next to Obagi, it's the best. Love love love!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |