Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DS Laboratories Trioxil.PM Anti-Acne Gel (30 ml) Osmotics Blue Copper 5 Prime Perfecting Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Sothys Reshaping Cream (200 ml / 6.76 floz)
DMAE Recipe
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Mardy Bum
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
I have some DMAE, Beta Glucans, Matrixyl 3000 and a bunch of other nice actives on hand. I was wondering if someone can share a good DMAE recipe that i could incorporate a few actives into and also whether to use marine nutrient syrum/canvas or SKB as a base.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:21 am      Reply with quote
I bought some powder DMAE and put half a teaspoon in 50ml of SKB (as advised by Skin Actives) but it is too drying to leave on the skin - so I'm just using it as a mask.

I've still got some DMAE left, so I'd like to know what I can combine it with to make a DMAE serum.
Mardy Bum
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
This morning I tried a little bit of shea butter, little bit of HA, aloe vera gel, bit of DMAE and SKB and mixed in my palm, although this was firming I got flakes and had to wipe it off so I could put my make-up on. Rolling Eyes
kaywheel

Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
cHECK OUT LATEST REPORT ON DMAE THAT temporarily swells up the skin but research has shown that it actually kills skin cells. Horror. I spent the last year using it almost exclusively. At the end of the year, my skin had aged abnormally. I could not believe it. then I ran across the article today which explains everything. I was killing my skin cells not helping them. Thanks Dr. Perricone for your horrible advice. :(
Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
sorry for ask these Questions,
What is DMAE and what is the benefit of DMAE Question Question

TIA
cindy67
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:17 am      Reply with quote
This is courtesy of Skin Actives

DMAE is dimethylaminoethanol (DMAE) seems to improve the firmness of the skin and to help reduce the visual appearance of sagging skin (cutis laxa). DMAE is an amine-based alcohol, a precursor to the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, DMAE is present in nerve tissue in small amounts and more abundant in fish. DMAE would act as a free radical scavenger due to the high electron content of its nitrogen atom. Once phosphorylated, DMAE is incorporated into the membrane of cells, protecting against the cell membrane protein cross-linking. In addition, DMAE is an immediate precursor to choline, which is involved in cell membrane biosynthesis. % DMAE facial gel applied daily for 16 weeks has been shown to be safe and efficacious in mitigating forehead lines and periorbital fine wrinkles, and in improving lip shape and fullness and the overall appearance of aging skin.

Look up their site - there are plenty of recipes there.

Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

RevitaLash Brow-Perfecting Mini Kit (3 items) Sothys Multi-Action Eye Contour + Restructuring Youth Cream Set (2 items) Shira Shir-Radiance Corrective Rx Wrinkle & Pore Minimizer (30 ml)