Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Cinnamon & Weight Loss
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
CrazyForClooney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
I've lost 7 pounds in the last 8 weeks without adhereing to any particular diet, only change I've made in the past 2 months is adding cinnamon to my list of supplements I take. Cinnamon is good for blood sugar levels/insulin resistance, I got the "cinnulin" as I had read that this water extracted form is the best for long term use. I'd say its curbed my appetite a bit and is defintely keeping the blood sugar levels down.

I'm happy and baffled, as at 47, and beginning at age 40, pounds have crept on and have been impossible to get off (I'm "Apple" shape which really is synonomous with insulin resistant/belly weight gain!), I diet for weeks (South Beach, WW, calorie counting) and lose nothing! And now just keeping an eye on what I eat, nothing too restrictive and having added this I've lost pounds I didn't even try for. I really can't attribute it to anything else, and thought I'd pass this info along! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
7 lbs. That's great!
I've also been reading up on the benefits of cinnamon, in particular honey and cinnamon.
I've been mixing honey and cinnamon in my tea for a few weeks now.
http://www.quantumbalancing.com/news/honey_cinnamon.htm
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
How exciting!

I would definitely try to add cinnamon.

Thanks for sharing,
Lucy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
I have been putting cinammon on my yogurt every morning. I read in Prevention Magazine that Cinammon is good for weight loss.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
How funny!
I knew that cinnamon helped with blood sugar (I'm EXTREMELY REACTIVE--stay away from me if I'm hungry!!!), so when I went to mexico and ate cinnamon flecked yoghurt, I became inspired and began adding it and turmeric to my yogurt every morning. When I used to live in the US, I would mix in frozen wild blueberries and put ground flax meal and agave nectar on top of plain yogurt seasoned with cinnamon and turmeric. It WAS delicious. Now that I live in Paris, those things are hard to come by, so I make my own granola (mainly tons of nuts and oats and chesnut flakes and honey, sea salt) and put that over yoghurt with cinnamon and agave nectar. It's DIVINE. Again, inspired by Mexico, sometimes I add fresh mango.
Thanks for allowing me to describe this in detail, I'm really passionate about how I begin my morning! Very healthy and delicious, too!
I find that if I take MSM and Vitamin C AND start the morning off this way, my blood sugar is very stabilized, I feel great, have lots of energy, and definitely don;t gain weight.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
seattlegirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for this tip. I am very blood sugar sensitive too.

Just screamed at my kids (sure it was low blood sugar) Crying or Very sad I am definitely going to try the supplement.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Crazyforclooney, which brand do you take? I googled cinnulin and found many different brands come up.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
What a great tip!! Thank you for sharing! Very Happy

How much cinulin do take each day?
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
ooohhh I'm hypoglycemic. I wonder if adding this to my diet would help me!

It sucks because I have to think about where my next meal will be and carry glucose tablets with me at all times.

Argh.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
I take Doctor's Best Best Cinnamon Extract with Cinnulin PF, they are 125 mg capsules, I take 2 per day. Got them iherb.com. There is also a good one by Life Extension that has the cinnulin plus coffeberry, but it was more $$, I want to make this a continued part of the my routine, so I'm going to stick with the plain cinnamon for less $.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
ooohhh I'm hypoglycemic. I wonder if adding this to my diet would help me!

It sucks because I have to think about where my next meal will be and carry glucose tablets with me at all times.

Argh.

It has a warning about hypoglycemic medications. The page won't come up when I list the site. Just go towww.iherb.com and search for Cinnulin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the warning. I'll do more research on it before I jump on the cinnamon band wagon.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
I figured out why hypoglycemics should be careful.

Many of the cinnamon regulates blood sugar but not in the way that people who have LOW blood sugar would want.
It promotes glucose metabolism...as this is what makes you diabetic...you don't product enough insulin which metabolizes glucose. It is for those who have impaired glucose metabolism like Type II diabetes.

Hypoglycemics like me don't want to boost our glucose metabolism. That's our problem! Our glucose is metabolized too quickly and our glucose level drops too low.

So, at least from what I read, it balances blood sugar for those who have higher glucose levels...NOT balancing blood sugar in general.

Therefore, from what I've read, if you tend to have low blood sugar, cinnamon would not necessarily be a good idea.

Now I just gotta find a supplement that boosts glucose...besides sugar. Oy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for this topic. I am insulin resistant and take some cinnamon but not consistently. I'm going to get some supplements after researching more and be CONSISTENT!

BTW, what is coffeeberry and what is its effect?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you very much for this topic!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
I should try this. I have a sweet tooth, maybe this will help curb my cravings. I am trying to lose those last 5 pounds.

5% products discount

Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, thanks for the info. I researched it a bit more and my mom is type II diabetic. She has had some bad bouts with her sugar levels this year so maybe this is something she can take (after she talks to her Dr, of course). I bought some just in case it's an option for her , if not maybe I'll try them out. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Coffeberry is the latest & greatest antioxidant! It's also going to be in skincare soon, Reveale or something is the brand that will have it in their skincare. I take enough antioxidants, will stick with them. And am glad the the hypoglygemic issue was researched.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:35 am      Reply with quote
I'm glad it was brought to my attention! I would have just gone and bought cinnamon!
I actually found that Vitamin B complex is best for hypoglycemic blood sugar stabilization, along with Brewer's Yeast. Zinc, Maganese, and Magnesium were also good, but those are recommended to be acquired through the diet.

I purchased a Vitamin B complex with Biotin and Vitmamin C, Brewer's Yeast, and Chromium GT (GT = Glucose tolerance).

If it weren't for this thread I wouldn't have gone and done the research!

Thank so much! Smile

5% products discount

Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
I could use the balancing, but I do not need to lose weight! I guess it requires more research for me (unless someone knows the answer...)
meggiequn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Thanks! But anyone knows other side-effects? hopefully no!
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
CrazyForClooney wrote:
I've lost 7 pounds in the last 8 weeks without adhereing to any particular diet, only change I've made in the past 2 months is adding cinnamon to my list of supplements I take. Cinnamon is good for blood sugar levels/insulin resistance, I got the "cinnulin" as I had read that this water extracted form is the best for long term use. I'd say its curbed my appetite a bit and is defintely keeping the blood sugar levels down.

I'm happy and baffled, as at 47, and beginning at age 40, pounds have crept on and have been impossible to get off (I'm "Apple" shape which really is synonomous with insulin resistant/belly weight gain!), I diet for weeks (South Beach, WW, calorie counting) and lose nothing! And now just keeping an eye on what I eat, nothing too restrictive and having added this I've lost pounds I didn't even try for. I really can't attribute it to anything else, and thought I'd pass this info along! Smile

I've always loved cinnamon and put about a half teaspoon on porrige. I'll have to look at the supplements.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Adding Coconut Oil to your food also burns fat.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:59 am      Reply with quote
I see a future for oatmeal coconut cinnamon cookies... Splenda sweetened? maltitol?
meggiequn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:06 am      Reply with quote
melanie haber wrote:
I see a future for oatmeal coconut cinnamon cookies... Splenda sweetened? maltitol?

Very Happy Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |